Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on February 2, 2014
My main reason for having the stand was so that I didn't have to hold the phone when watching a video or listening to music or a podcast. I ordered three different types of mini stands to work with my new smart phone with the intention of leaving one a home, one at work and keeping one in my computer backpack. Of the ones I got this one is my favorite. It has become my travel stand, so I have it with me most of the time. When folded (that is, when it's not in use), it's quite flat with only the bottom lip sticking out, which makes it only about 1/4" wide. I turn it upside down and hook the lip on one of the pockets in my computer bag. When it's in use, it's only a couple inches wide. The lip on the bottom holds my phone the most securely of the three I have. Only two of the stands can handle my phone in "portrait" mode (i.e., the way you would normally hold the phone to make a call). The other stand that can hold the phone is much larger than this one. (I keep that one at home.) The other stand just topples over (but works fine with the phone turned sideways). When I use a stand, I usually have the phone in "landscape" mode (i.e., the way you would normally watch videos) so the screen in in widescreen orientation and the dual speakers are at the left and right.
on June 24, 2013
I really like this little stand, it is very portable and for the price it's hard to beat! I have a Galaxy S4 which lives in the hard shell otterbox case, it feels like this little stand was made for it! I can stick this and the phone in my pocket, and because of the way it folds I don't even notice that it's there.
I loved the built in kickstand on my old phone, and was really missing it before I got this stand. While the built in was nice, this is so easy to carry, and so much more stable that I kind of prefer this now.
The plastic does feel a little cheap, but so far the joint and stand as a whole seems solid, no wobbles or breakage. This may be one of those times where you can actually get more than you paid for, and even if you don't, the price is so low, it would be impossible to get less than you paid for.
on May 16, 2013
When I first got the stand I set it up and put my phone on it, but it kept falling off. I'd read another review from someone that said the same thing. I was about to send it back when I turned it upside down so that the "lip" on the bottom of the stand was accessible and it worked perfectly. You'd think on such a simple object instructions wouldn't have been necessary, but when you have it in what appears to be the proper position there is a line and a couple of dots on the plastic -- black-on-black -- and they don't really indicate that is the direction in which it's designed to be used. How hard would it have been to print an arrow pointing down towards the bottom of it with the lip so that a customer would know the way in which it was intended to be used?
on June 2, 2013
Very nice stand! Durable and supports my phone well (for size comparison, I have the Samsung Galaxy Reverb). Because of my phone's rounded bottom, though, the phone won't stand up very well vertically; but, I bought the stand for videos and listening to music and for those I keep my phone oriented horizontally anyway. Seems made with a nice grade of plastic and the hinge seems durable as well. No improvements required; but, if I had to think of something, I'd say that maybe adding a thin strip of rubber underneath could help the stand from sliding around so easily on smooth surfaces.
on February 16, 2016
So-so solution to use with an iPhone.
on May 2, 2012
I got it for $3.99 with S&H exempted because I ordered it with something else. I would say it's reasonably priced.

Some hard plastic (plastic grade not stated on the product), pretty sturdy for how it's designed. Some rough edges but it's easily fixed with a sharp utility knife.

I use it for my Samsung Galaxy Note, fits even with a soft gel protective back case. Not exactly "topple-proof" when device is placed in portrait-orientation, but as long as it's left on a steady table and if you don't hit it by accident/on-purpose, you're good to go.

Fits any portable device too, iPod classic, portable hard disks, etc.

A little too weak for the iPad (1st Gen) though, it does fit and work (for both landscape and portrait orientations), but it feels like it's about to break when the iPad is on it. So, I wouldn't recommend it with the use of an iPad, anything smaller/lighter are good to go.
on June 13, 2015
This Empire folding stand holds my iPhone 6 Plus firmly for me to see the screen. It's easy to transport but the bottem edge does not flip flat against the rest of the stand. This means I've got a protruding part of my pocket that sometimes knocks against something, such as a door jamb, and can make a mark on my shirt or jacket. But I still use it.
on February 11, 2014
I choose this rating because the product match my needs as described in the product description. It is wonderful when product descriptions are honest and accurate describe the product. The product shots me to prop my cell phone up in Ruth landscape or portrait positions depending on the applications that I am using. It's easy, just turn the when an application fixes your screen orientation.

It's small enough to tuck away when on the go
on March 20, 2014
I ordered one of these to see how well it would work with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it fits perfectly. I use it in the kitchen as I read online recipes on the phone, and I ended up ordering 2 more to have one at work and elsewhere. Very convenient as opposed to looking down at the phone all the time.
on June 10, 2015
I use this while traveling to prop up my Galaxy S5 at night so I can hear the white noise app and see the clock app. It's lightweight and compact - perfect for packing. I bought two just because the price was so reasonable. Highly recommended for travel use.