Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 955 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,051 reviews
on October 28, 2015
Was informed about this from the lady who runs a pet boarding hotel where we brought our (loudmouth) dog for a week. She swore by it & demonstrated how well it worked on him so I ordered one right away.
It worked REALLY well at first. Got it to break the dog of some habits & found out it actually works on the cat too. But the effectiveness on the dog seems to have been short-lived. At this point (it's been almost 3 weeks since ive received it) it seems to just piss him off more than anything, ad he tries to bite & attack it when it's in one of our hands.
I think the product works, but that my dog needs obedience classes & a muzzle....
on January 18, 2012
We ordered this product because our neighbor has had a border collie for the last year. We have never observed them walking or playing with the dog. They leave their garage door open just enough for him to get in and out. Basically the garage is his "dog house". He comes running up to the gate non stop every time we come home to walk in our front door, whenever someone walks by and numerous time during the night. Needless to say he wakes us up at all times of the night.

In order to make a formal complaint with the city we had to get a notarized letter sent to them stating our complaint.
We didn't want to cause any "bad blood" with our neighbors, whom is really nice. They just don't care to do much about their all day barking dog.

The shipping from Amazon was very fast! Received the shipping in two days. We have decided to use this product with the Petsafe Outdoor ultrasound Bark deterrent. We set up the outdoor bark deterrent first. And... here he comes, he barked maybe 5 times and was about to bark again that's when I push the button on the device with a command of "Quiet". He barked two times, with the last bark being a whine bark. He turned around and ran back into the garage.

The darn thing works. We will continue to use the device with the "Quiet" command to train the dog to stop when we say Quiet. Its been about 4 hrs since the initial encounter and we haven't heard a bark yet from the crazy dog.
44 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2016
Just moved in and the neighbors dog has been a royal pain in the butt, I've tried working with the neighbor, giving the dog treats and so on, above and beyond, but the dog is out of control and barks at me while I'm barbecuing on MY DECK! So far so good, I've at least trained it not to bark when I'm out, if I use it now it's a reminder to the animal that it's me or one of my family members and it shuts up. I use this in combination with the whistle, but this sonic diversion works the best, I'd recommend buying this first and then the whistle if this isn't doing the trick at first.

The product(s) arrived on time, as described by Amazon & manufacturer, it was shipped without issue, arrived within prescribed estimates, the packaging was undamaged, and the product itself was unmolested and made with quality materials. Description, photograph, website presentation, and what arrived are the same-size, shape, color, and it matched my expectations.
on September 22, 2014
I got this becasue I want to keep my bedroom door shut at night because my wife doesnt like it when my cat comes in and out of the room and jumps up and down on our bed because she has insomnia. The problem with that was that every morning the cat will meow at the shut door, further provoking her insomnia and causing a rift in our relationship. When I put the batteries in for the first time and pressed the button in front of my cat, my cat glared at me and jumoed off the bed and ran into the other room. At first the device would work for the most part, but as time went on when she would start meowing and we clicked it, she would stop for a while but then start again. I would say that for my cat, it works some of the time, which is why I could only give it three stars. Its def worth a shot in any case though, as I think all animals are different and respond differently to different stimuli.
on November 20, 2016
My mutt goes crazy whenever a car comes up the driveway out here in the rural area where we live. He is often loose in the front property and just goes bananas if a car approaches. He scares the drivers. so I wanted a way to get his attention when he focuses in on the vehicle. Just calling or whistling did not work to get him to come inside. This sonic sound product emits a sound which cannot be heard, but the dog can hear it. I see his head turn towards me and he snaps out of his frenzy. I get his attention long enough to call him into the house while I aim the pet zoom towards him and press the button . It is not a shock collar or harmful in any way. and it has been helpful. I have used it from about 10 to 15 feet distance , sometimes more. To the dog it sounds like a super loud high pitched whistle.
on May 1, 2015
I was skeptical but since I had prime and could return it for free if it didn't work. I figured for $15 what did I have to lose? Well I'm happy to say the barking is way way down. This will not stop dogs 100% but I didn't expect it to. The offenders are a Yorkie and a Pomeranian,the bark high pitch and without pause.
Once the dogs would start barking I would say "no barking" in a firm voice while pushing the button, both dogs would respond within seconds and stop barking. At first they had no idea WTF was going on but it didnt take them long to associate my voice with the sound.The few seconds of barking compared to the craziness that would go on for 5-10 minutes every time they heard a car drive by or an airplane fly over is tolerable. After a week or so of using it I moved on from the loudly spoken & firm "No Barking" while button pushing to "shhh, stop it" just loud enough for them to hear me while pushing the button.Since they started to catch on to my voice=annoying sound now I only push the button after repeating "Shh stop it" two times. Normally it doesnt take more than once unless they see the mailman or a delivery driver,then it's 2-3 times and 3-5 seconds of pushing the button so within 2 weeks, 8 out of 10 times all I have to do is say "Shhh " . Before I can finish saying "stop it" they have calmed down and stopped the yapping. They use to go on for 5-10 minutes and would only stop when they felt like it. I went from having 5-6 panic attacks a week caused by the dogs barking to 2 since this was delivered 19 days ago. For $15 I'm happy and if I paid $30 it still would have been worth it. BTW I picked this one over the wall mounted unit because I wanted the dogs to associate the ultrasonic sound to my voice so they could associate the 2 versus not knowing why or how it was happening.also when I push the button there is a red light so I know it's working and finally with the wall mounted unit the dogs would receive the ultrasonic correction sound when no one was home and would stop them from barking at everything including potential burglars.With a better quality housing they could charge 3 times as much.
on May 14, 2015
I've tried out a couple versions of these and I'm still not quite sold on them. I know people who they work for really well; our dogs bark occasionally, but I was looking for something that would also help check behavior, as I am disabled and I sometimes cannot get up fast enough to scold our animals for getting into things they shouldn't. This seemed like a great alternative to yelling, while also giving me the ease to not having to scramble up faster than I am capable of to discontinue certain behaviors.

We have a medium-sized shepherd mix, two chihuahuas, and one cat. It works as a great deterrent most of all for the cat! He hates the sound of it, and it works great to get him out of the cat food, people's food, and anything else he sticks his nose into. He's a cat, so he doesn't respond to yelling and only responds to "No" when he feels like it, but he is ALWAYS responds to this. The shepherd, who is a rescue and kind of a nervous wreck anyway, hates the sounds of it, so it keeps her out of trouble very easily. The chihuahuas, however, don't seem to hear it at all and if they do, it doesn't bother them. It doesn't had a particularly far reach, so I haven't it found it useful in deterring barking, but luckily our dogs are not really the recreational barking type anyway. All and all, I would definitely suggest this is you have a trouble making cat and it probably works well with bigger dogs. Chihuahuas seem to be a different story, but I guess that is what we get for adopting them!
on June 7, 2015
I am a big sceptic of this kind of device, and have purchased a few with no results. I don't know why, but this one really does the trick. My 5 year old Yorkie rules the roost at my house, and I've had a terrible time getting him to obey me. I'm sure it's my fault for not training him better when he was young, but I can't do anything about the past, so I thought he was a lost cause. He does things like going to the door, acting like he needs to potty, but when I head toward the door to let him out, he jumps up on my recliner and grabs the napkin that was sitting there from dinner. The first time I tried the Pet Zoom was when he did this very thing. He jumped up on the recliner, I pushed the button and said, "No", and he looked at me and jumped down. Then when I tell him to go to his kennel, he rolls on his back and waits for me to pick him up. I pointed the device at him and pushed the button and told him to go to bed. He did it! I'm seeing a whole new attitude from my sweet dog. He just needed me to show him who is boss, and this does it in spades!
on February 5, 2015
Ummm, I am pretty sure this thing is nothing short of a miracle. My 6lb Chihuahua comes to work with me, and has a habit of barking at the top of his lungs and running up to any client that comes in the door. I started using the device Monday, and today he quietly walked up to a delivery guy, sniffed him and walked away! One little "bff" when the guy opened the door. What a change!

I am making sure (as the directions state) to use POSITIVE reinforcement along with this device. So every time I catch him not barking, I give him a treat and then don't have to press the button. Or I give him a treat after I press the button and he goes to lay down instead of continuing barking. Paired with a command for quiet (which I try to use BEFORE he barks) and a command for no barking which is a little more stern and paired with the device.

I was worried that the device's sound would be upsetting to the dog, but it is not. I press the button, and his ears go up, and head tilts and his tail wags and he walks towards me perplexed and intrigued.

So far, I am very surprised and happy with the results.
on February 12, 2015
I bought this for a JRT/Eskie mix puppy. Yes, he's high octane. We were told at the shelter he was beagle/pyrenees then they said they were guessing. Vet says JRT/Eskie or some sort of spitz. He was very sick when we adopted him, that aside, feeling better he barks non-stop if you're not in the room with him at a high pitched screech that drives you insane. This particular product is not working for us. At first it seemed to work then I guess his ears adjusted so it does nothing now. I know the product works; my older 2 dogs run from the room the minute you hit the button, but my pup it has no effect on. We are using a smartphone app now and the effect of that is wearing off as well. I've ordered a 7 option barker breaker collar on here to try next.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.