Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
ESCORT MAX360 Laser Radar Detector - GPS, Directional Alerts, Dual Antenna Front and Rear, Bluetooth Connectivity, Voice Alerts, OLED Display, Escort Live
|With Deal:||$429.95 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$70.00 (14%)|
- Escort raises the bar once again by adding directional indication to its award-winning Max detector line. The all-new Escort Max 360 provides drivers with extreme range, state of the art response time, pinpoint precision and directional alert display
- Unmatched detection - Escort Max 360's front and rear antennas scan rapidly in all directions harnessing the lightening-fast focus of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to find threats faster and more accurately than any other detector.
- Rich data plus the power of community - Escort Max 360 protects drivers beyond conventional radar and laser threats by preloading our Defender Database of thousands of red light and speed camera locations in North America.
- Unmatched precision - Escort's Max 360's five levels of filtering ensure the quietest ride. Escort combines three driving modes plus speed-based sensitivity, Cruise Alert and seamless connectivity via Bluetooth to its Escort Live app.
- Simple communication - Escort Max 360 makes locating and identifying threats easy. Directional arrows display the location of threats while a high-resolution graphic display shows the type, strength and quantity of signals plus real-time speed limit data
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
True 360° protection
ESCORT MAX 360
The ESCORT MAX360 provides full 360° protection against all potential ticket threats. The forward and rear facing dual antenna system provides pinpoint precision to accurately indicate the direction of the threat.
Compare with similar items
The Escort MAX 360 features Bluetooth connectivity for instant access to the Escort Live app. Escort Live keeps drivers aware of upcoming alerts reported by other users in the area, and gives you access to local speed limit data for over speed alerts, right out of the box. This driver alert system paired with the power of Escort Live gives you the ultimate driver protection. The exclusive driving community allows drivers to share and receive real time alerts through the app or when any Escort detector senses a threat.Laser detection:Quantum Limited Video Receiver
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Directional arrows on the right side that show where the radar is originating in relation to your car. I actually found this feature to be quite useful while driving and making braking/acceleration decisions.
2. You can turn off the "over speed" alarm and can now set it all the up to 160 (limit of 99 on the Beltronics and you could not turn it off).
3. The enclosure is aesthetically different, it's darker and more pleasing to the eye.
Ok, here's the kick in the pants that brought my Beltronics review to 3 stars... Escort is taking a value-subtraction business model by removing core functionality of the device. This is an attempt to get you to subscribe to the Escort Live service for a monthly fee and to also collect a database on you that can be sold to third. This includes your name, you email address, your driving record, the physical locations, and how much you like to speed. Hmmm, what third parties would be interested in such information?
Ok, so I'll be the guinea pig this time around and sign up for the service. I drive a 2009 Corvette and have an Escort Redline (5 stars, by the way) installed. Now I have the Max 360 beside it and I'm ready to attach this thing to my smart phone. Here we go.
I download the app from the Google store. It wants a series of privileges including in-app purchases and my personal identification. I grant it, install it, and open it.
First screen is the terms of service with some really small text that quickly scrolls down the screen and a giant red button that says "I ACCEPT". Not so fast, I'll read it all. Here's the highlights directly quoted from what I am about to agree to:
* “You agree and warrant that all information you provide to Escort as part of the registration process... is truthful and accurate.”
* “From time to time, we may use your information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our Policy.”
* “We collect both personal information and location based data in connection with your use of the Escort App and the Services.”
* “We collect personally-identifiable information”
* “We collect certain information (“Data”) from you… Data includes GPS location information, unique device identifiers, user account identifiers, as well as location and time information (heading, street name, time stamp) related to any alerts generated automatically”
* “We may share the information we collect… with third parties, who may use the information for their own marketing purposes.”
* “We use the information collected from you to compile a database”
* “We may retain Personal Information you provide to us indefinitely. In addition, any Data we collect is retained in our database indefinitely”
Sounds like a great deal right? You pay Escort a monthly fee of $4.99 in order to unlock the speed limit display on your device (a feature that GPS units have enjoyed without a smart phone for over a decade) and in return they collect an unbelievable amount of personal information and sell it whoever the please. Man, if I was an insurance company or law enforcement agent I would enjoy sifting through that database... in fact, I would probably pay for the privilege.
The app also drains the battery on my Sony Xperia smart phone faster than any app I've seen. It's constantly "scanning for alerts" even when you leave your vehicle. You will have to use some other method to kill the process also because there is no manual exit button in the app itself.
I just don't want to have to use my smartphone with my radar detector. Let's face it... I'm speeding and don't want a ticket. My eyes are on the road, I'm scanning the horizon for dangers, my hands are on the steering wheel. I need a device that will let me know when to brake and I need it to give me accurate and fast information without me having to take my eyes off the road. The Max 360 is not that device... it's an "Internet of Things", it's a data collector, it's a social media interface... but it's not the best radar detector for a driver of a fast car.
Want my advice?... Escort RedLine Radar Detector
Top reviews from other countries
Downloaded the latest firmware and Defender database from Escort. Painless and hassle free.