ESEE 6P Black Fixed Blade Knife with Desert Brown Molded Polymer Sheath
|Price:||$113.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Overall Length: 11.75"
- Blade Length: 6.50"
- Blade Material: 1095 Steel
- Handle Material: Gray Micarta
- Sheath: Desert Tan Molded Polymer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||2 x 1 x 9 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1 pound|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Shipping Weight||1.19 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
First impression upon opening- the knife itself is larger and lighter somehow than i had imagined. Not in a bad way at all, but i own some five inch fixed blades and this seemed a lot longer (i believe its about 6.5 inch blade length from tip to handle).....the blade itself is .187 at the spine, but this thicness ends about a half inch or so from the handle and drops to more like .125 for the length of the blade to the tip. The tip itself tapers to a very thin point (from a top view), and although it may not apear to be strong i have a feeling really is. I was only able to find one account of a broken tip on the internet thru exhaustive research, but the manufactures warranty is unbelievable.......
The warranty basically states that for as long as the blade is in existence (not just the original buyer) if it ever breaks it will be replaced, no questions asked, no reciepts, anything. So fifty years from now my great grandchildren could drive a tank over it and esee will replace it. Amazing.
The handle feels incredible, there is no way to describe the perfection of it without holding it yourself. It just feels like an exstension of my body, not something im holding onto, the micarta has an amazing texture, that will only grip better when wet.Read more ›
For me, a camping knife needs to be just sharp enough to do camping chores and be able to baton/split wood, and maybe do some occasional hacking and maybe just enough chopping so that I can snap a branch by stepping on it. Other than that, I don't know or care much about the type of steel used, how well it holds an edge, etc. etc. Most camping knives fit that bill...
...so if you're looking for a blade review about steel quality, holding an edge, combat, stop here, this review won't help.
Other things I can talk about regarding camping knives since I've been heading out regularly, and things that have evolved for me over time include:
- Full tine. I get it now...full tine is a must.
- No serrated portion to the knife. A lot of hard core campers will disagree with me, and that's okay. I'm sure they're right and I'm wrong. But for me, serrated edges are much more trouble to maintain than they're worth for the very basic chores I do.
- No weird notches. I've had two blades now with funky notches along the non-blade side of a single sided blade knife (e.g. belt cutting, etc.) this creates a weak point along the blade, and...it snaps. I kid you not...it really snaps....crazy, I know.
- 3/16" is plenty thick enough for my uses, even splitting wood.
- solid finger guard to prevent slippage to the blade. Yeah, this is a biggy. For backpacking, anything I can do to avoid any injury is a big deal because even a small injury can become very dangerous very quickly. And when you're 10 miles from your car and 20 miles from the nearest building that might have a first aid kit, even little injuries aren't worth it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The opinions are, probably, endless when it comes to survival knives. You will be carrying just one, so get the best that you can afford. ESEE 6P is one of the best among others. Read morePublished 12 days ago by BA
High quality knife with high quality steel. Overall a great purchase, thanks Esee for a great knife!Published 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
My third Esee, that should say enough. I love all three, they are for different purposes. The Junglass goes with my backpack everywhere I go, this one is on my side, and I have a... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Jerry Jackson
A "ready for anything" kind of knife. I normally wouldn't spend this kind of money on a knife but I am glad I did this time around.Published 1 month ago by MikesRandomAdventures
one of the best knifes a have ever used. i have even put a lot of strees on this knife it was steel really sharp after i opened a can of food with it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Payton Sporleder
An incredible knife for the money. So as I many time say "There's always better product". In the case of survival knives there are better survival knives out there no doubt... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Austin Norman