Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 16, 2011
When I purchased this watch online I was very excited. It looked beautiful. I couldn't wait to get it. Once I received it and showed it off a little bit everyone loved it. People would randomly grab my wrist and stare at my watch and tell me how mesmerizing and awesome it was. I loved it, especially the way I could see the gears moving while it worked. BUT then one day, about a week after I got it, I took it out of my watch case and wound it up, but instead of winding, the hands spun like I was setting the time. I pulled the pin to the "out" position and turned it, and it wound the watch. This is opposite of the way it should work. The next day when I went to wind my watch (the correct way) it wound a half twist of the pin then started making a grinding nowise and then stopped winding and just spun freely. When I pulled the pin to the "out" position it wouldn't adjust the hands. Now my watch lies cold and dead in my drawer of other useless gadgets and watches.
33 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson April 27, 2013
I was a little dubious ordering this inexpensive watch, but I "love" it! Being female I was looking for a larger dial with a stylish watch design and this one is beyond my expectations. I made sure I was ordering from a US company as others had reported their watch arrived from China and took a long time to get to the US. My watch arrived 5 days after placing the order! It's a unique watch and the skeletal portion is not all just for design...you can see inner movement. The self-wind will take some getting used to, but so far, so good. I don't know how long the band will last, but for now it's quite nice and can easily be replaced if the watch outlives the band. The crystal is thicker and adds a nice detail. I didn't expect much for the price and actually bought this watch to wear on a trip to Europe...I didn't want to give the pickpockets an opportunity to steal my Tag. Now I'm really hoping they don't get this one...I really like this watch!!
on June 26, 2013
I can't complain for $10.00. It looks super fancy and keeps pretty accurate time. I'm giving it 5 stars because for the price I don't think it can be beat. I ordered it, zero tax or shipping, took a couple weeks and was delivered in a little envelope well bubble wrapped and protected. I had to pull off a few plastic protection stickies and BAM... looks good!! I popped out the dial and set it then clicked it in and started winding. The first time I wound the watch it lasted about 2 days. Now I just wind it up every morning. Haven't had a problem with it. Time is accurate!

Pros:
Looks expensive
safely delivered
PRICE!!!!
Accurate

Cons:
see thru cover is glass not crystal so i just know it's waiting to be scratched or cracked
strap is cheap

Conclusion:
I would definitely buy it again. In fact for $10 I'm thinking of picking up 2 or 3 in case they do break AND I can buy a couple of different bands to swap it out. It really looks like an Envicta (or whatever that fancy brand is). My wifes brother is a HUUUUGE watch guy (spends waaaay to much on watches). This weekend I'm going to tell him it's a $600.00 Envicta and see what he says. Anyways, I have zero complaints considering the price I paid. If it broke at the end of this month I'd probably still feel like I got a good deal... $10!!!
on May 2, 2014
I got mine and it was on sale for less than the current listed price so I could not pass it up. People comment on it all of the time. The one thing I agree with other reviews is: yes, the band is garbage. So? Replace it. I put a nice band on it for $35 and the lady at the watch place thought it was the smallest Invicta she had ever seen, and loved the workmanship until she looked really closely. Then I told her how I paid for it and it floored her. She commented it was the best Invicta knock-off she had ever seen. so with my investment in the band I tripled my original cost - so what. Now no one knows what it really is or what I paid.

As to the people that say they cannot read the time, they need to really consider when the last time was hat they tried to read a watch with a face instead of their stupid phone.

Is it a Rolex? No. For what I paid, I got much more than I bargained for and I am very happy with it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 4, 2013
If you like your stuff to get to you in a few days or less, stop reading this and navigate away from this watch....it comes directly from China and can take a few weeks to arrive in your mailbox. Other than that, this is a fine watch, with a smooth, accurate mechanical movement(you wind it yourself every day and a half or so). The band that comes with it is garbage, remove it and toss it as soon as you get it before it breaks on you and you lose the watch.

With a better band on it, it looks good, not too cheap, and no one will ever guess you paid $15.00 for it. The only problem I had was it did not come with the case pictured, just wrapped in bubble wrap in a soft bag. Despite this it arrived in one piece and fully functional, so I still recommend it to the cheap watch aficionado in all of us :-)
on October 12, 2013
I really enjoy this watch even though I've had it only for a few days. It did come faster than expected which is great. But to talk about the watch again. I feel that the removed background is a stunning feature for most watches. It allows you to see if it needs to be winded more, yes it is a wind up watch for those of you who may have missed it, and the removed background allows you to see some of the inner workings of the watch which I found fascinating. For the winding up, I recommend to wind the wrist watch anywhere from 10 to 16 hours. That's from my experience so far. To wind the watch according to the picture turn the knob clockwise. When the watch is on my wrist it has a nice feel to it due to the soft leather and smooth back of the watch. Only difference it has the product has, my product at least, is that the back layer of leather that is against your skin as shown in the picture is not brown but instead black. It is great altogether. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was that the winding doesn't last 12 hours like a majority of people probably want it to. However I would most definitely recommend this product to anyone who loves analog watches.
on December 3, 2013
Love this watch. It is a wind-up, not battery operated. When you get it, you will need to wind it. you don't need to wonder if it needs winding either, the mainspring is visible just below the 1. You can see when it is unwound, and it only takes a few seconds to wind it. I just wind when I put it on every day. It is good to remember that wind-up watches run better when you wear them. If you leave this sitting on the table instead of wearing it, then it will lose time (not to mention run out of energy. Worth much more than I paid for it.
I've seen some complaints on here about the band, but I don't see anythign wrong with it. Still, even if you have to get a new band, the watch is more than worth the trouble.
on March 23, 2013
This watch is a great purchase for someone curious about mechanical watch movements. The face very proudly displays the "heart," or balance wheel, the escapement gear, and the coiled mainspring. The watch ticks 6 times per second, resulting in a nice "sweeping" second hand motion one cannot get with a quartz warch. On the back, one can easily see the entire gear train that transmits energy throughout the watch. The watch lasts a bit more than a day on a full winding, but winding twice a day should keep the watch at optimum performance. The watch is a bit deep, but not impractical. The band stretches slightly, but after a week of wear it sits very well on the wrist. There are some imperfections on the face, but overall, the quality looks like a more expensive watch in the 30-40 dollar range. And the mechanical movement adds to the value even more. However, a side effect of a cheap mechanical movement is a lack in accuracy. My perticular watch tends to run 20 to 30 seconds behind every day, which can be fixed by resetting the watch every 2-3 days. The only significant drawback to this watch is the annoyingly loud ticking. In a quiet room, the watch can be heard by anyone within 5-10 feet of the wearer. Overall, this is a great deal for a sub-20 dollar mechanical watch, and should attract anybody curious about mechanical watches.
on December 30, 2013
Gave it to my son for Christmas. Got it fast through Amazon Prime. It looks neat since you can see through to the moving parts. Seems like if it is wound once in the morning (12 winds seem to do it) and once before going to bed that it will run the whole day.
So far it is keeping good time.
The leather wristband is comfortable. He has a pretty wide wrist (8 inches) so it's on the fourth from the last hole. I tried it on and it was also comfy on my 6 3/4 inch wrist. I think I used the 1st or 2nd hole.
The face of the watch is pretty thick. It sticks up 1/2 inch off the wrist.
I am thinking of ordering one for me even though it's a man's watch.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 3, 2013
I've had this for about a week now as I wanted to test it out before giving it a review. Let me just say this thing is beautiful. I love the way it looks. The only ugly mark on it is the crappy leather strap that came with it, but I bought it with the intention of replacing it with paracord anyways, so it didn't bother me. The watch is thick and sturdy. I've hit the side of it on a table when I let me arm down too fast before. I panicked but the thing is solid. It is so fun to watch the gears tick and turn. The second hand is not completely smooth but still glides easily. I find myself missing parts of work cause I'm too busy staring at the beauty.

As for the function, this thing is just a hair off. The very first day I was shy on how much to turn it, so I turned it a bit at 7:30pm. At 10:30pm it was still going strong. I went to bed, woke up, hit the gym, and got back around 7AM and it was still going, however it had slowed down over the night. However, I was just impressed it was still running and only an hour behind. I fixed the time and then winded it again, and this time went the full burst. I'm new to these kinds of watches so I didn't know there was a point where it stops turning. I assumed I could over turn it and kill it. However, there is a nice resistance at the end that lets me know its done. It has now run 24/7 for the past 5 days and the only thing off is it is about 3 mins fast over the course of a 24 hour period. So its correct when I set it at noon monday, but by noon tuesday it will read 12:03.

Not a deal breaker, for the cost I most certainly can't complain. This has been a great buy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.