Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 400 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 414 reviews
on June 10, 2013
I have 4 inexpensive pocket watches all purchased on amazon. Each is beautiful in it's own way. But aesthetically, this is my favorite. First the finish, it does not look like a painted finish. Brand new, it looks like a 'black chrome' finish in the metal. An excellent painted finish. Key words; Painted Finish.

However, if you want it to retain this finish, I would not buy this watch as an everyday carry. The painted finish will scratch and chip if subjected to everyday use, and especially with other things in your pocket. It will get beat up, and most won't be happy. So fair warning, no painted finish will hold up to this use. If you don't care what it looks like when it gets scratched up, then go for it. Below is a link for anyone interested in the watch that I've carried every day for over 3 months. And it looks as good as the day I got it. Very durable.

Now my experience with this watch. I received this watch as a gift, which led to 3 other styles, and a second one of this same watch as a spare. Mine still look brand new because I understand the vulnerability of the finish and accept that.

I only use it when dressed in a suit or nice casual, with nothing else in the same pocket. The watch is absolutely stunning with the 'black chrome look' finish, the classic face with the Arabic style numerals and the filigree style hands. Again, elegant simplicity. This watch is approximately 2/3rds the thickness of most other pocket watches. It keeps excellent time. I've received more compliments on this watch than any of my others. Even though it is inexpensive, handle it as you would a fine watch, and I beleive you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Link below for the correct silver oxide batteries for this watch- $2.10 + $2.60-Free Shipping
---> Energizer Silver Oxide Blister Pack Watch/Electronic Batteries, 2 pack
---> Energizer 377-376 1.5v #377/376 Watch/Calculator Battery (5 Pack)

Link to a recommendation for a durable everyday carry watch.
---> ESS Mens Stainless Steel Case White Dial Antique Pocket Watch with Chain WP002
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2015
This is by far a fantastic pocket watch. It is sleek, elegant, and had a simple smooth black finish so it may be worn both formally as an accessory, as well casually as a functional time keeping device. It is of excellent construct, and a medium-size that fits perfectly into one's palm. The face is simple white, with elegant hands.

I highly recommend purchasing this pocket watch... especially for this unbelievable price!
review image
on June 21, 2015
Not bad at all. Watch and chain arrived in a somewhat battered package several days early, which worried me, but the watch was intact and started working the moment I set it and pushed in the stem. While the cover is somewhat lightly made, it worked just fine, and the watch seems to keep excellent time. Only time will tell how durable or reliable it turns out to be, but for now, I'm quiet satisfied.

As an update:

I've lived with the watch for a little over a month now, carrying it daily in my watch pocket. While the rather thin case has picked up some scratches, the watch continues to function perfectly, keeping excellent time. I purchased this to save wear and tear on my antique Hamilton pocketwatch (which I still wear for more formal occasions), and it has filled the bill beautifully. For the price, I don't see how you can beat it.

And another update a few months in:

Due to constant wear, the black coating is wearing off the copper cover. I really don't mind, as the antique bronze look that's resulting is actually pretty attractive. Despite daily use, the watch continues to work and keep excellent time. No problems with the catch or cover, despite their rather thin construction. All in all, I've been very pleased.

And Again:

At a year and a half, the watch stopped. I have no idea at all how to open it and change the battery. Fortunately, the wife is an artist, so I gave her the watch to make art out of and purchased another, which is currently running just fine in my watch pocket.
on October 17, 2016
I got mine from seller COCOTINA. The item appears mostly as described, except mine came with a tiny necklace style chain, not the sturdy pocket watch style chain in the picture. There is no way to clip this the one I got to a vest or button. Also, mine didn't come with a black gift box.
on May 14, 2016
I bought these as gifts for some friends of mine. They look really, really nice. They're simple and elegant and the watch face is beautiful. And they don't seem to have any issues keeping time (at least not yet).

The problem is that when you touch them you can feel how cheap they are. The metal that they're made of feels light and flimsy and I don't think that the chain is going to last for long. I ordered four and the clasp on one of them seems to be broken, it doesn't quite close right. But I spent so little on it it's not even worth returning. Also, the black surface on the outside of the watch isn't nearly as shiny as it looks in the picture.

Still, I think this watch could fool someone into thinking that it's much more expensive than it actually is, especially if they don't touch it.
on March 30, 2013
My son bought this and is very happy with the quality. It is just what he was hoping for and works well.
on January 5, 2016
It's an alright item looks wise but functionality is a whole other story, the watch shows no visible way to change the battery without damaging the back casing. Furthermore, it doesn't keep time! After a couple of days it was already running a couple hours behind. For the price sure, you could forgive a few scratches or aesthetic flaws but it just doesn't function as a watch which is the whole reason to have it in the first place.
on October 9, 2015
I received this notice for a review, I pulled my pocket watch out of my pocket and the cover fell off the watch.
Also the watch had stopped. Pushed on stem adjustment a few times it started up again, over night it kept time.
However this is the second time the watch stopped.
It must not like living in a pocket and likes to take a break now and again..
I will try using it until it stops permanently or the face gets so scratched up that I can not see the time or I might see how far I can through it.
I can not recommend this product.
on February 20, 2015
I received my delivery in about three weeks. It is a beautiful watch. I wish it worked.

I could not open the cover with my fingers. I had to use a knife to pry it open each time.

Once I got it open, I just left it open, set the time and it stopped running a couple of hours later.

I guess I should not be surprised. For under six dollars, what can one expect after all?
on March 13, 2013
I purchased this for my brother and was very happy with the quality and that it also came with an extra battery. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice pocket watch.