Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 18, 2017
I owned this card for almost 4 years and just recently updated to a gtx 1070. This card served me really well for many years. It did struggle with higher end modern games on ultra but honestly it was an amazing card for me to start off with!! I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good card to start with and get great performance out of it then upgrade it later. Itll be reliable and perform amazingly for the price.
on February 11, 2014
This card hits the perfect "sweet spot" for the budget-minded gamer in late 2013. I threw this GTX 660 into a cheap open-box tower from Best Buy and ended up with a solid AMD gaming PC for under $600. It didn't hurt that my purchase included two new titles (AC Black Flag and Splinter Cell Blacklist), which saved me over $100 in software costs. The increased power demands of this card did require a PSU upgrade, and I have been very happy using the Rosewill 630-Watt Green Series to power this EVGA.

This attractive EVGA is a bit bulky, so check the specs carefully before deciding whether it can fit into your box. In my system, the locations of the PCI-e and PSU made it a bit difficult to slide the card into place without bending any pins. Installation was relatively straightforward, however, even for a first-time system builder like myself.

Even with just 4GB of system RAM, the following newer games run perfectly at "Very High" settings:
-Assassin's Creed, Black Flag
-Tomb Raider (2013)
-Splinter Cell Blacklist
-Feed the Beast (modded Minecraft)
-Civilization V

After several months of frequent use, my card still operates without a hitch. It runs quietly, and I haven't noticed any heat-related issues in my cramped mid-size tower.
on January 12, 2014
Card performs as expected and can handle BF3 on ultra without complaints. The card does appear to show come lag in BF4, but this may be a driver issue, as all other games I have tried have been maxed or close to it. In terms of noise, the fan is not overly loud or obnoxious. It does run, but never really runs at full speed as my case is well vented. The reason for 4 stars is because there is a significant amount of "coil whine" that took me off guard when initially testing the card. It has been through 1 month of use however and there has been no stability issues even when running for several hours under load. Thus, I assume it is just the design of the card. I compared this card to similar models from ATI, and chose the nVidia from previous positive experiences and I am glad I did. The performance and stability are excellent for the price point, and as mentioned before the power usage and heat generated are no issue whatsoever. Overall I would use this card again in the current price point.
0Comment|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 8, 2014
Note to begin: The Video Card purchased definitely was compatible with our system specifications but when installed, the computer would no longer boot up. When the new card was removed and the original video card was reinstalled, the sytem still would not boot up. We took the unit to a reputable local computer repair center (with the new video card) and they diagnosed a faulty video card and a fried motherboard. Their work order stated "GTX Video card is non functional. Motherboard is nonfunctional, probably due to installation of faulty video card."

So, the $200 viedo card purchase resulted in the need to purchase a new card from the computer repair shop as well as a new motherboard. Total repair cost on top of the new video card and installation - $320. Too bad I tried to save some $$$ with this card.
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 5, 2013
Well, since my old card was a 9400 gt, which is very old, this thing makes it look like a calculator.. black ops 2, guild wars 2, diablo 3, and many other games i own all graphics set to highest settings, no hiccups whatsoever... stays at 30 C and gets as high as 50 C when at full load. thats the highest ive seen it but thats when i was playing a game and watching a netflix hd movie on other monitor, plus it was very hot in my house that day.. mostly i see it at around 45 C... so overall its great, plus the three $50 F2P game promos are a plus, i only play PS2 but i managed to trade the other 2... Only problem was the box they shipped it in was the same size as the box the card was in... and you know how shipping goes, boxes can be easily damaged as they are thrown around alot, luckily it was not damaged but ive had boxes come that looked like someone sat on them but the contents were fine because of packing peanuts.. so poor choice on amazons part as they are the ones who packaged it... disappointing on that note but other then that everything was perfect...
on January 20, 2013
I carefully reviewed all of my options with Geforce and ATI before I decided on the GTX 660. I figured the combination of the 450 power supply requirement, the performance of the card and the price made this card a winner. I wanted something worth buying without having to upgrade my power supply. Once I installed this card, it exceeded all my expectations. I installed it on a Dell XPS core i7. It only supports pci 2.0, (where the 660 is pci 3.0 capable,) but it still runs Borderlands 2 on all settings on high at 75 frames per second at 1440 x 800. I'm sure it would hold 60 fps or better at higher resolutions, but my monitor is maxed at 1440 x 800. On Skyrim, I was hitting over 80 fps with all settings on high or better.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 6, 2013
It's been a while since I purchased a graphics card but every one I purchase is from EVGA. I'm sure there are a lot of folks who are unaware of the additional benefits offered by EVGA when you purchase a card from them. For example, they offer a trade up program that will allow you to pay the difference between the card you purchased and a new card if the new one is released within so many weeks of your purchase. They also have great game bundles and other benefits as well. For example, I was able to get a software upgrade from their support team to upgrade my cards BIOS to allow for UEFI booting. I can't recommend them enough.

I'm currently using this card with an AMD FX 8350 processor and 8GB of Corsair DDR3 1866 RAM and can run any game I like at max settings easily. There are also a lot of overclocking utilities available for these cards as well.
on February 11, 2013
After weeks of research (thanks to amazon's robust review systems) I narrowed down my choices to several cards. The price / performance value on this card was by far the best of the bunch. Upon receipt, I was concerned as others mentioned it heft. Knowing how tight the space is in my case, I was genuinely concerned if it would fit or not. No worries, it fit nicely (although juuuust barely).

The installation of the software and drivers was seamless. Honesty I have not upgraded a video card in years and I turned on my system, it worked out of teh box, drivers made it even better. The EVGA Precision X software will give the confident techie the ability to tweak performance all day. If you do not fall into this category, don't worry; it works great as installed.

It turned my older Dell Precision Workstation into a useable gaming system playing Borderlands 2 with reasonably high settings. System is twin 3.72ghz Xeon processors with 3.5gb of RAM so certainly not a powerhouse system but totally playable.
on February 12, 2016
Fantastic card, thinking about ordering another to run duel cards.
2 helpful votes
on May 11, 2013
I bought this card to replace my GeForce GTX 460 and couldn't be happier with its performance. It runs quite and cool. I average around 50 Celsius while gaming, 60 or so with Crysis 3 maxed out at 1900+ resolution. If my matx x58 motherboard had more space I would buy a second in a heartbeat to get the SLI performance. However my motherboard is a tight squeeze and the cards would have maybe a mm of space between them and I'm worried one would overheat. However that is just my motherboard limitation and nothing against this video card. The performance boost over my overclocked 460 by about 110%. I'm running a 3 monitor setup at the moment using 2 DVI and 1 HDMI and my resolution is 5900x and xplane 10, fsx, mwo, bf3 all maxed out spanned across all 3 monitors is just amazing. Can't beat this deal for a 660 series.