- Brand Name: EVGA
- Model Number: 015-P3-1480-AR
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Graphics Coprocessor: Geforce GTX 480
- Graphics Card Ram: 1536 GB
EVGA GeForce GTX480 1536 MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 015-P3-1480-AR
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 support
- 3696 MHz memory clock and 1401 MHz shader clock
- PCI Express 2.0
- GeForce GTX 480 with 700 MHz core clock
- 1536 MB 384-bit 2.0ns GDDR5 memory
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The EVGA GTX 480 contains double the CUDA cores of previous generation GPUs, a high speed GDDR5 memory interface with 1536MB onboard and full DirectX 11 support providing for unrivalled performance and breathtaking image quality. Compatible in 2-way, 3-way, and 4-way SLI configurations, the EVGA GTX 480 provides brilliant and immersive experiences in games and unsurpassed computational power.
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support: DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support designed for ultra high performance in the new API's key graphics feature, GPU-accelerated tessellation.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready*: Expand your games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate "inside the game" experience with the power of NVIDIA 3D Vision and SLI technologies. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-stereo displays.
- Interactive Ray Tracing: By tracing the path of light through a 3D scene, ray tracing uses the power of the GPU to create spectacular, photo-realistic visuals. Get a glimpse into the future of gaming with ray tracing.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI Technology**: Industry leading 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology offers amazing performance scaling by implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) for the world's premier gaming solution under Windows 7 with solid, state-of-the-art drivers.
- NVIDIA PhysX Technology: Full support for NVIDIA PhysX technology, enabling a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology: CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU's processor cores to accelerate the most demanding tasks such as video transcoding, physics simulation, ray tracing, and more, delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
- 32x Anti-aliasing Technology: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 32x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology***: The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
- PCI Express 2.0 Support: Designed for the new PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offering the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support.
- Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560x1600 and with support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- HDMI 1.3a Support: Fully integrated support for HDMI 1.3a including xvYCC, Deep color and 7.1 digital surround sound.
* NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround requires NVIDIA release 256 driver, two or more graphics cards in NVIDIA SLI configuration, 3D Vision glasses and three matching 3D Vision-Ready displays. See www.nvidia.com/surround for more information.
** A GeForce GTX 480 GPU must be paired with another GeForce GTX 480 GPU (graphics card manufacturer can be different). SLI requires sufficient system cooling and a compatible power supply. Visit www.slizone.com for more information and a listing of SLI-Certified components.
*** Supported video software is required to experience certain features. Visit www.nvidia.com for more details.
What's in the Box
EVGA Driver/Software Disc with EVGA Precision Tuning Utility; Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable; DVI to VGA Adapter; 6-pin PCI-E power cable;8-pin PCI-E power cable; User Guide
All EVGA products come automatically with a one year, parts and labor, limited warranty. Upon registration within 30 days of your original purchase, this card is entitled to be upgraded to a limited lifetime warranty.
Top Customer Reviews
BFBC2, Resident Evil V and Metro 2033 (even Half Life 2) look absolutely stunning when compared with nVidia 9600 gt 1gb which is a very capable card and can handle 3D as well.
Heat problem is well managed by stock fan, however i'll be swapping to liquid cooling once i find an acceptable and affordable solution.
TOTALLY RECOMMENDED - Fastest single chip card on the planet for the time being.
PD: can't use 9600 gt for Physx, it slows down the gtx480, seems like the problem has to do with number of cores and cannot be solved... too bad
Test Case (2009-2010)
TRY 1: Adobe CS4, 2.73 Ghz quad core 4 thread / 4 core system, 8GB ram, standard graphics adapter. Time to render 2hr 1080x1920 HD video @ 24mbps to blu ray disc, including transitions, final formatting, etc, - 7.5 DAYS of CPU time. Better invest in either a faster system or a good UPS. This machine was fine for multitasking but hd video just killed it.
Given my harware in 2009 was woefully inadequate I went on a bang for the buck shopping spree. I learned that windows 7 gets tied to the motherboard when activated, so be sure to pick the motherboard before installing the o/s - OEM mobos are never going to be zippy, but I paid less than the cost of the proc+ram on sale from HP at the time. I was actually able to use their case in the end after some grief.
The system I purchased was an off the shelf machine from HP (the 180 high end MB - 2 SLI but no support for it as made in china.) - they had it on sale with the i7975 proc, 24 GB ram, and a strange GTX 220ish nvidia card with no mfgr's name on it - 216 cuda core and 1.7 GB ram which made SLI impossible for a half dozen reasons, but the system was cheaper than buying the ram and the proc from any store so the system was just gravy. I gave it the same 1 week video task running CS4 - again starting from raw data off 32GB SDHC cards, it finished in 32 minutes.Read more ›
This unit has its own fan and takes up 2 slots on the computer. Its been working great and I love the results.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this card since last year and it still blazes the new games being released. I can play BF3, Crysis 3, Farcry 3 with no problems at 45fps or more with effects turned on... Read morePublished on March 5, 2013 by M. Hinojosa
It is realy like new.
Thank you so much as expected from amazon saler fast and as described.
Gtx480 is really a greate vga
This card is awesome! I have 2 and they work harmoniously together. The only problem is with most games you really HAVE to tweak all the setting in any freshly installed game in... Read morePublished on June 19, 2011 by Matt
I like nvidia cards because of their drivers. This card works great, although on the expensive side compared to ATI.Published on March 27, 2011 by RiverNight
Well, the other reviewers basically have this card nailed but I figured I'd put in my two cents. Replaced my 9800gx2 sli setup with just one of these GTX480 cards. Read morePublished on November 23, 2010 by Jeremy B. Heath
I bought the gtx480 for a computer I'm building soon and thought I would try it in my current computer to see how it does in actual fps in games I'm currently playing: Just cause... Read morePublished on September 29, 2010 by Majuju
I upgraded from the EVGA 9800 GX2 1GB card to the EVGA GTX 480, My frame rate went from 32fps to 60fps. This card is the best I have owned so far.
Nice work EVGA!