EVGA GeForce GTX470 Superclocked 1280 MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 012-P3-1472-AR
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 support
- 3402 MHz memory clock and 1250 MHz shader clock
- PCI Express 2.0
- GeForce GTX 470 Superclocked with 625 MHz core clock
- 1280 MB 320-bit 2.5ns GDDR5 memory
- GeForce GTX 470 Superclocked with 625 MHz core clock
- PCI Express 2.0
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Brand Name: EVGA
- Model Number: 012-P3-1472-AR
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Graphics Coprocessor: Nvidia GeForce
- Graphics Ram Size: 1.2 GB
The EVGA GTX 480 ushers in the next generation of NVIDIA GeForce graphics processing units. Experience heart-pounding cinematic visuals thanks to the combined power of DirectX 11, NVIDIA PhysX, and NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technologies. The EVGA GTX 480 contains double the CUDA cores of previous generation GPU's, a high speed GDDR5 memory interface with 1536 MB onboard and full DirectX 11 support providing unrivalled performance and breathtaking image quality. Compatible in 2-way, 3-way, and 4-way SLI configurations, the GTX480 provides brilliant and immersive experiences in games and unsurpassed computational power. Specifications include the GTX 480 (700 MHz core clock) chipset, 1536 MB of 2.0ns GDDR5 memory with a 3696 MHz memory clock and 177.4 GB/second memory bandwidth, 384 bit memory interface, 1401 MHz Shader Clock, 480 CUDA cores, and PCI Express 2.0 compatibility. Additional features include Microsoft DirectX 11 support, NVIDIA PhysX and NVIDIA PureVideo HD technologies, NVIDIA 2-way, 3-way, and 4-way SLI readiness, NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround readiness, NVIDIA CUDA technology with CUDA C/C++, DirectCompute 5.0, and OpenCL support, PCI-Express 2.0 support, OpenGL 3.2 support, Dual Link HDCP capability, and Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 support. Connections are 1 Mini-HDMI 1.4 connector and 2 Dual-Link DVI connectors. Package includes the EVGA Driver/software disc with EVGA Precision Tuning utility, 1 Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, 1 DVI to VGA adaptor, 1 6-pin PCI-E power cable, 1 8-pin PCI-E power cable, and a lifetime warranty if registered within 30 days at www.evga.com.
The EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked takes the next generation NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and cranks it up another notch by offering even higher performance! Experience heart-pounding cinematic visuals with the EVGA GTX 470 thanks to the combined power of DirectX 11, NVIDIA PhysX, and NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround technologies.
The EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked contains double the CUDA cores of previous generation GPUs, a high speed GDDR5 memory interface with 1280 MB onboard and full DirectX 11 support providing for unrivalled performance and breathtaking image quality. Compatible in 2-way and 3-way SLI configurations, the EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked provides brilliant and immersive experiences in games and unsurpassed computational power.
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support: DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support designed for ultra high performance in the new API's key graphics feature, GPU-accelerated tessellation.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready*: Expand your games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate "inside the game" experience with the power of NVIDIA 3D Vision and SLI technologies. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-stereo displays.
- Interactive Ray Tracing: By tracing the path of light through a 3D scene, ray tracing uses the power of the GPU to create spectacular, photo-realistic visuals. Get a glimpse into the future of gaming with ray tracing.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI Technology**: Industry leading 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology offers amazing performance scaling by implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) for the world's premier gaming solution under Windows 7 with solid, state-of-the-art drivers.
- NVIDIA PhysX Technology: Full support for NVIDIA PhysX technology, enabling a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology: CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU's processor cores to accelerate the most demanding tasks such as video transcoding, physics simulation, ray tracing, and more, delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
- 32x Anti-aliasing Technology: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 32x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology***: The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
- PCI Express 2.0 Support: Designed for the new PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offering the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support.
- Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560x1600 and with support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- HDMI 1.3a Support: Fully integrated support for HDMI 1.3a including xvYCC, Deep color and 7.1 digital surround sound.
* NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround requires NVIDIA release 256 driver, two or more graphics cards in NVIDIA SLI configuration, 3D Vision glasses and three matching 3D Vision-Ready displays. See www.nvidia.com/surround for more information.
** A GeForce GTX 470 GPU must be paired with another GeForce GTX 470 GPU (graphics card manufacturer can be different). SLI requires sufficient system cooling and a compatible power supply. Visit www.slizone.com for more information and a listing of SLI-Certified components.
*** Supported video software is required to experience certain features. Visit www.nvidia.com for more details.
What's in the Box
EVGA Driver/Software Disc with EVGA Precision Tuning Utility; Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable; DVI to VGA Adapter; two 6-pin PCI-E power cables; User Guide
All EVGA products come automatically with a one year, parts and labor, limited warranty. Upon registration within 30 days of your original purchase, this card is entitled to be upgraded to a limited lifetime warranty.
Top Customer Reviews
I was a bit afraid for temperature issues but the card is very stable a 65 celcius at full load.noise is very low.
Directx 11 is awsome ,metro2033 is really a new dimension in gaming and this video card delivers it.
hopefully I can write a next revieuw soon about 3d gaming as soon as I have a new monitor for that.
I have this card running along with a q9550 oc @3.2 , asus p5nt deluxe and 8gig of memory, corsair 850watt powersupply
First benchmark was using TrackMania Nations Forever. With the old 250, I had to turn a few settings down in order to reliably stay above 30 frames/second; with this one, I turned everything all the way up (aside from resolution, which should never go higher than your monitor's native resolution; 1680x1050 in my case), and motion-blur, which I hate), and the game's built-in benchmarking tool clocked at 79 frames/second.
Second, Crysis. Yeah, *that* one, the one everybody knows needs a beefy system to run. The old 250 nearly choked on this game. It could run, if I turned the resolution down to the 480p-ish range, and cranked the detail and whatnot all the way down, but it would still drop into single-digit framerates sometimes. The new card handled Crysis just fine; 1680x1050 resolution, and settings at max (except for motion blur, again), and the framerate varied from ~20 to ~60 frames/second, depending on how complex a scene it was having to render at the time. I wound up turning a few things down just a bit for smoother gameplay, but that's just my personal preference.
My only complaint related to this card is actually a complaint about my *motherboard*; due to how long this card is, it covers 3 of my 6 SATA ports. I reclaimed one of them by getting a SATA cable with a right-angle plug on one end, but the other two are unusable. My next motherboard will have SATA ports in a different location, which will remove this problem. The lesson: Check the card dimensions, and check your clearances.
All in all, an excellent video card for the price.
So, for about the same amount, I got 2 of these cards. My MSI X58 supports SLI, but the slots are spaced so that the video cards are right next to each other (no spacing). I was concerned at first, but after loading it up for a few hours, the top card got to 95C and the bottom card 92C, so not too different. The max is 105C so no concerns there, and the fan was only at 78% on the hottest card.
First off, these cards are fast...each is nearly the same speed as the dual-GPU GTX295...but with 2 of these, I have double the power over that. Each card at stock speeds gets about 13,000+ points per day in Folding@Home. For a reference, a PS3 gets 600 points per day (and PS3 fans think Cell is still the fastest thing ever...ok whatever). I run 2 instances of F@H (one on each card), so with my SLI system I get over 26,000 PPD...like 43+ PS3s!! The GTX295 got about 14,000, or 7,000 per GPU.
The cards seem well put together, and come with more than what you need. The card included a ~9ft Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, 2 molex-PCIE power adapters, and a DVI-VGA adapter. The stickers give it kind of a weathered look, but the pictures look more impressive than real life. Not worth deducting a star or anything.
I have not tried over-clocking yet, but due to the fact that temps are OK, I think I can get a little more. I'm sure 650/1300, but wouldn't be surprised if it matched the 480's clocks. The EVGA precision tool seems well put together.
Also, it's not mentioned on the product page, but if you get this from Amazon (not sure about other vendors), you get a game key for Mafia 2.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have the evga Gtx 470 about a year or so and I haven't had a problem yet.Read more
Pros: Much faster than my gtx 275 black edition. Very attractive price point. Plenty of bang for the buck.Read more