- Brand Name: EVGA
- Model Number: 012-P3-1472-AR
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA
- Graphics Card Ram: 1280.0 MB
EVGA GeForce GTX470 Superclocked 1280 MB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 012-P3-1472-AR
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 support
- 3402 MHz memory clock and 1250 MHz shader clock
- PCI Express 2.0
- GeForce GTX 470 Superclocked with 625 MHz core clock
- 1280 MB 320-bit 2.5ns GDDR5 memory
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked contains double the CUDA cores of previous generation GPUs, a high speed GDDR5 memory interface with 1280 MB onboard and full DirectX 11 support providing for unrivalled performance and breathtaking image quality. Compatible in 2-way and 3-way SLI configurations, the EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked provides brilliant and immersive experiences in games and unsurpassed computational power.
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support: DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support designed for ultra high performance in the new API's key graphics feature, GPU-accelerated tessellation.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready*: Expand your games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate "inside the game" experience with the power of NVIDIA 3D Vision and SLI technologies. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-stereo displays.
- Interactive Ray Tracing: By tracing the path of light through a 3D scene, ray tracing uses the power of the GPU to create spectacular, photo-realistic visuals. Get a glimpse into the future of gaming with ray tracing.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI Technology**: Industry leading 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology offers amazing performance scaling by implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) for the world's premier gaming solution under Windows 7 with solid, state-of-the-art drivers.
- NVIDIA PhysX Technology: Full support for NVIDIA PhysX technology, enabling a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology: CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU's processor cores to accelerate the most demanding tasks such as video transcoding, physics simulation, ray tracing, and more, delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
- 32x Anti-aliasing Technology: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 32x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology***: The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
- PCI Express 2.0 Support: Designed for the new PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offering the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support.
- Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560x1600 and with support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- HDMI 1.3a Support: Fully integrated support for HDMI 1.3a including xvYCC, Deep color and 7.1 digital surround sound.
* NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround requires NVIDIA release 256 driver, two or more graphics cards in NVIDIA SLI configuration, 3D Vision glasses and three matching 3D Vision-Ready displays. See www.nvidia.com/surround for more information.
** A GeForce GTX 470 GPU must be paired with another GeForce GTX 470 GPU (graphics card manufacturer can be different). SLI requires sufficient system cooling and a compatible power supply. Visit www.slizone.com for more information and a listing of SLI-Certified components.
*** Supported video software is required to experience certain features. Visit www.nvidia.com for more details.
What's in the Box
EVGA Driver/Software Disc with EVGA Precision Tuning Utility; Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable; DVI to VGA Adapter; two 6-pin PCI-E power cables; User Guide
All EVGA products come automatically with a one year, parts and labor, limited warranty. Upon registration within 30 days of your original purchase, this card is entitled to be upgraded to a limited lifetime warranty.
Top Customer Reviews
Also, EVGA makes this card super easy to overclock with EVGA Precision. Overclocking with EVGA Precision does not void your warranty. I was able to OC card to Core Clock 718 MHz, Shader Clock 1435 MHz, Memory Clock 1860 MHz which is higher than the GTX 480. I did this with out adding any voltage, no crashes, no artifacts and I can play for hours with no problems. Rock solid OC! If you add voltage you can go higher, but I see no need to. With OC settings my minimum frame rate does not go below 25 FPS for Crysis Warhead Ambush benchmarking tool with 1920 x 1200 Resolution with max settings no AA. The 5870 I was getting minimum 21 FPS. Although, the 5870 gave me a higher FPS average, this is misleading since 470 does a better job keeping minimum frame rate up giving you just as smooth of gameplay. I only overclock when playing Crysis, no need to turn on for other games.
Idle, the card is 40 deg C at 40% fan. Very quiet. When playing Crysis on overclock it can get very hot so I manually set fan speed to 75% to keep at 80 deg C. Fan not really noisy until you get over 60% and most games on auto fan with stock speed stay below that.
I mainly do two things: Video editing (Premiere Pro and After Effects CS5) and Flight Simulator X. Video is just starting to leverage GPUs so no data is important there (yes, the Adobe MPE runs like lightning on the 470 for those who care). As for FSX, the GTX260 did OK, but got jittery near major scenery such as SeaTac airport/Downtown Seattle. I was pulling 12-15 fps, not great, and water quality had to be turned down a bit. To be fair, at that time I had FSX on the C drive. I run it at 1920x1200 32-bit.
In the spring I upgraded to a GTX285 because that was the only 200 series card that Adobe was to support for the latest CS5 coming out (turns out Premiere runs on any CUDA card as long as you type your card name in the text config file, lol!). FSX got better, I had a lot of scenery quality cranked up and got low-to-mid 20s in fps for complex scenery, and high 30's for regular land, and got better water effects. I still hit the occassional jitter and slow redraw of the aircraft. Windows 7 64bit score for the 285 was 7.4, not too bad. Premiere worked well with it.
Last week I sold the 285 (on Amazon) and got the 470 SC. Bay-BEEEE, does this thing scream!! Premiere works smooth as glass, no contest. Windows 7 score was 7.7 (no complaints there). But the biggest surprise was FSX.Read more ›
I was a bit afraid for temperature issues but the card is very stable a 65 celcius at full load.noise is very low.
Directx 11 is awsome ,metro2033 is really a new dimension in gaming and this video card delivers it.
hopefully I can write a next revieuw soon about 3d gaming as soon as I have a new monitor for that.
I have this card running along with a q9550 oc @3.2 , asus p5nt deluxe and 8gig of memory, corsair 850watt powersupply
I've had very positive experience with their 24/7 phone tech support which is based in Southern California not somewhere in India or some other 3rd world nation! Try to get that from some of the other video card mfgs!
EVGA produces top notch products, service and is a USA based company. I'm sold on EVGA!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've owned this graphics card for over a year. It has been a great product for me, and has done an excelent job in every game. This card can handle just about any game you play. Read morePublished on May 17, 2012 by John D.
VGA nVidia GeForce GTX 470 1280 MB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card
I have the evga Gtx 470 about a year or so and I haven't had a problem yet. Read more
THIS VIDEO CARD IMPROVE MY COMPUTER, RUN GAMES EXCELLENT, REAL images are in 3D mode. THE BLUE RAY FORMAT FILMS HAVE A BETTER VISION WITH THIS CAR VIDEOPublished on November 9, 2011 by CRISTOBAL SILVA
Frankly I was expecting better performance as I upgraded from a 9800gt so I thought I was going to be blown away by this card. Read morePublished on June 30, 2011 by Karl Angas
Amazing graphics! Easy to install, no glitches/issues to report after 4 months of use.
I got this card to replace my GeForce GTS 250. Both are good cards, but newer games needed something a little beefier than the 250 to run at decent framerates, and this one... Read morePublished on April 10, 2011 by Zachary Coggin
I wasn't really looking to buy a video card, but couldn't resist the price of this cared. I upgraded from two 8800gts that were previously in Sli. Read morePublished on March 6, 2011 by coop5796
Would actually rate this a 4.5 if that were possible.
Pros: Much faster than my gtx 275 black edition. Very attractive price point. Plenty of bang for the buck. Read more