EVO Rage Gen2 Camera Stabilizer for DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras, Works with Sony, Panasonic and Most Cameras 0.75 to 5.5lbs, 1 Year US Warranty and Tech Support
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Weight||950 Grams|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The EVO Rage Gen2 camera stabilizer supports both mirrorless and small body DSLR cameras up to 5.5lbs. The EVO Rage Gen2 is one of the lightest stabilizers in it's class weighing in at just 2lbs. Mount almost any mirrorless or small body DSLR camera to the Rage Gen2 using the included 1/4-20 standard tripod mounting screw. The EVO Rage Gen2 supports a camera payload range of 0.75lbs up to 5.5lbs (350g to 2500g) along side 3 seperate motor power settings for best performance (weak/middle/high)
- Integrated CCI Technology for SONY & Panasonic: Control Camera Shutter, Video Start / Stop and Zoom (some servo driven lenses) right from the Rage Gen2 handle controls (requires direct CCI connection via Sony multiport or Panasonic 1/8" shutter jack)
- Plug & Play: Ready to use right out of the box, simply install the batteries, mount and balance your camera. set it on a flat non-moving surface and press the power button. The gimbal will power on and stabilize your camera after it's 3 second initialization sequence. The Rage Gen2 has 3 different stabilization modes allowing you to capture different types of shots: Pan Follow, LOCK Mode, Full Follow & POV mode.
- The EVO Rage Gen2 supports motion timelapse up to 10 sweep points through the remote iOS or Android smartphone APP control (via EVO APP or ZY Play partner APP)
- Unprecedented Warranty: EVO Gimbals is one of the only US based gimbal companies offering a real 1 Year US Parts and Labor Warranty as well as in house trained tech and repair support. The EVO Rage Gen2 comes complete with a two-place Li-Ion charger, USB charging cable, tripod stand, x1 Sony Multiport CCI cable, x1 Panasonic CCI cable and (2) 26500 3600mAH Li-Ion Batteries good for up to 12 hours of runtime..
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
About EVO Gimbals
Our team’s passion for smooth video goes beyond just putting another product in your hands - it is a belief we all share that we can make a difference, earn your trust and earn you as a life-long customer. As one of the first American gimbal brands, we’re all about service. Located in the mountain playground of Bend, Oregon, our friendly staff is here to answer questions, provide support and take care of anything you need. And because we love to talk shop, we share our knowledge and our passion with our community so you can take your shots and your stories to the next level.
Give us a call, shoot us an email, hit us up on Amazon - we're here for you.
BEFORE YOU BUY THE EVO Rage Gen2 PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
This listing is for our EVO Rage Gen2 handheld stabilizer which includes everything you need (except the camera of course) to start capturing amazing smooth footage.
Please note that it will take some practice and some time to get everything setup the way you want it.
Our EVO Rage Gen2 is our most popular model because it is SIMPLE to use, it is very light weight and it supports a wide variety of configurations. This gimbal can handle anything from a GoPro HERO8 Black to a Canon 80D full frame camera. It should be noted however that running larger full frame DSLR body cameras do have limitations in terms of how heavy or long of a lens you can run with the gimbal. Typically with a full frame camera the rule of thumb is to keep it under 35mm for balancing purposes.
Please carefully review the gimbal's payload, power settings and camera compatibility below.
Payload Range: 0.75 to 5.5lbs (350g-2.5kg) - Total Payload = Camera Body + Lens + Battery
3 Motor Power Settings: Weak: 350-1,000g | Middle: 1,000-1,700g | Strong: 1,700-2,500g
Here are just some of the cameras this gimbal will work with:
- Canon 5D Mark II to IV, Canon 6D, Canon 7D, Canon 70D or 80D
- Nikon D7100, Nikon D800E, Nikon D750 CCI Ready
- Panasonic Lumix Series - LX100, Panasonic GH3, GH4, GH5 CCI Ready
- Sony A Series - A5000-6500, All A7 thru A9, A58, A68, A77, A99, A99ii CCI Ready
- Sony RX100 III, IV, V CCI Ready
CCI Ready: Includes camera control interface (CCI) cables to enable basic on-handle record start/stop control functions. See Rage Gen2 user manual for full details on camera compatibility.
IMPORTANT - Payload = camera body weight + lens weight. Zoom lenses (variable aperture) will affect payload center of gravity.
2 The EVO Rage Gen2 comes preset with motor power settings set to Middle (1,000g to 1,700g). If the payload of your camera is above this range be sure to adjust the motor power settings to the appropriate power level for best performance. Please also note that it IS VITAL that you properly balance your gimbal. Please visit our website for proper balancing instructions. With the gimbal powered OFF a properly balanced camera should hold a static position on its own on the Tilt, Roll and Pan axis. Improperly or poorly balanced setups will result in poor battery life and poor stabilization performance. THE BETTER BALANCED THE BETTER THE RESULT! :)
EVO Rage Gen2 3 Axis Gimbal Camera Stabilizer for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
Capturing pro-quality video with your DSLR or Mirrorless camera has never been easier. The EVO Rage Gen2 DSLR & Mirrorless Gimbal delivers the same top-rated stabilization performance of the original Rage in an updated design with refined user controls, expanded payload options & extended run times up to 18 hours.
ADVANCED STABILIZATION MODES
Featuring 4 easy to use stabilization modes, the EVO Rage allow you to replicate the same dolly or jib-arm shots seen in multi-million dollar productions .
PAN FOLLOW MODE - Tilt & Roll axis are locked. Pan axis rotates smoothly with turn of wrist. Use joystick up & down to control tilt angle of camera.
LOCK MODE - Tilt, Roll and Pan axis are locked. Use joystick to manually control pan & tilt.
FULL FOLLOW MODE - Roll axis is locked. Pan and Tilt axis smoothly follow handle. Use joystick left and right to adjust the horizon angle (dutch).
NEW POV MODE - Same as Full Follow + Follow on Roll Axis. Roll axis will smoothly follow handle +-45 degrees.
The EVO Rage Gen2 includes everything you need to start capturing smooth video:
- 1 x EVO Rage Gen2 Gimbal Camera Stabilizer
- 1 x Battery Compartment;1 x 26500 Battery Charger;2 x 26500 Li-ion Batteries
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 1 x Panasonic Camera Control Cable;1 x Sony Camera Control Cable
- 2 x Lens Screw for Mounting Screws;1 x Lens Support
- 1 x Mini Tripod
- 1 x Anti-Slip Sweatband
- 1 x User Manual
EVO Rage Gen2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
Keep It Smooth
Supporting up to 5.5LB camera payload, the EVO Rage Gen2 is the top choice for film makers seeking excellent stabilization performance in a light weight form factor with basic camera control features.
- MotionMemory & POV Modes
- Intelligent Object Tracking & NightLapse
- 360° Rotation Along All Three Axes
- 45° of Synchronized Roll in POV Mode
- Supports Camera Rigs Weighing up to 5.5 lb
- Four-way Stepless Joystick
- Maximum 12 to 18-hour Runtime with Two Included 26500 Batteries
- Control Select Panasonic & Sony Cameras
REDESIGNED CAMERA TRAY + 3 EASY TO SET POWER SETTINGS
NEW CAMERA TRAY FOR ULTIMATE FLEXIBILITY
The 2018 EVO Rage Gen2 features a fully adjustable (tool-less) camera tray that allows you to easily reposition the center of gravity of your camera. This new design supports a wider range of camera and lens payload combinations up to 2,500 grams.
SUPPORTS MOST POPULAR MIRRORLESS & DSLR CAMERAS
With a maxium payload of 5.5lbs (2.5kgs) the Rage Gen2 supports most mirrorless & DSLR cameras using 3 distinguished power settings for light, medium & heavy payloads.
Power settings are easily adjusted using the desktop EVO Calibration Software or mobile EVO Remote APP for iOS or Android to set the corresponding payload. Weak: 350-1000g Middle: 1000-1,700g Strong: 1,700-2,500g.
Payload capacity formula: Payload = camera body weight + lens weight. Zoom lenses (variable aperture) will affect payload center of gravity.
Examples of supported popular cameras:
- Canon 5D Mark II to IV, Canon 6D, Canon 7D, Canon 70D or 80D
- Nikon D7100, Nikon D800E, Nikon D750
- Panasonic Lumix Series - Panasonic LX100, Panasonic GH3, Panasonic GH4, Panasonic GH5
- Sony A7, Sony A7R, Sony A7S, Sony A7S II, Sony A6300, Sony A6500
- Sony RX100 III, IV, V
EVO Rage Gen2 adds a newly designed POV (Point of View) mode, POV move with you and roll your camera left or right, up to 45 degrees. Even simpler, when you move, your camera moves with you. EVO Rage Gen2 give you the level of control and freedom you need to capture almost any shot possible.
EVO Rage Gen2 comes with a camera control cable that can realize synchronous operation on both your camera and stabilizer like taking a photo or zooming. Combined with a dedicated phone APP called ZY Play, EVO Rage Gen2 unlocks advanced shootings modes, like motion timelapse and panoramas, just at your fingertips.
Capable Payload of 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
Using our advanced Algorithm System to power the motors, EVO Rage Gen2 can handle a massive weight up to 2.5kg (5.51lbs).Whether you're using mirrorless cameras with kit lenses or using professional grade DSLRs with heavier lenses, EVO Rage Gen2 can handle a significantly wider range of camera and lens combinations.
Ultra-long 12 Hour Runtime
The EVO Rage Gen2 is incredibly energy efficient and will give you up to 12 hours of total runtime off a single battery charge. The EVO Rage Gen2 can be used all day long so you never miss the perfect shot. Best yet, the batteries are interchangeable so you can use a spare set if needed
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"Sony a6500 Shootout with EVO Rage 3-Axis Gimbal at Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs"
I've been testing and using the Evo Rage Gen2 Gimbal for a few weeks now. I've also been borrowing and testing my buddies Zhiyun Crane, to do a side by side comparison. They are both very similar, and both great gimbals. As of this review, they are exactly the same price. Where the Evo clearly outshines its competition is customer service and support. Evo Gimbals is a US based company located in Oregon. Zhiyun is based out of China.
My buddy submitted a support ticket regarding a concern where occasionally his Crane is panning at inconsistent and sporadic speeds. He has yet to receive a response. If he does receive a response, and his gimbal needs to be sent in for repairs, then he'll be shipping it to China.
In contrast, my customer service experience with Evo was the polar opposite; this is my second Evo Rage. I could tell that my first Rage was used, it had scuff marks on the mounting plate, which I was upset about. Evo went above and beyond to expedite resolving the issue and worked to turn an initial "bad" experience into a good one. The issue wasn't even on them, it was a mistake on Amazon's end, but they still worked hard to make it right.
- Super smooth and stable video. You can't live without one of these if you plan to shoot video. Even if your camera has IBIS and lens has OSS, handheld video will be so shaky.
- Easy to flip to inverted mode to get awesome ground level footage.
- Once you get the process down, it is quick to mount and balance your full frame or aps-c camera.
- High weight limit (1800 gram). The heaviest setup I have been able to test it with is the Sony a9 (full-frame) with 24-70mm f/2.8 kit lens. This is around a 1550 gram, and it worked well after changing the motor power setting to "heavy". Although, I mainly use it with my Sony a6500 paired with 24mm Zeiss f/1.8 lens, at around 700 grams, on the "low" motor power setting.
- The battery seems to last forever. I never charge the thing.
- Evo regularly releases instructional video playlists for all features and functionality on their YouTube channel.
- Nice accessories. Definitely recommend pairing it with the EVO GS-150 Mini Professional Tripod with Swivel Ball Head - 100% Aluminum, Works with Most Cameras and if you own Sony cameras like me, then the Sony CCI Control Cable for EVO Rage and Rage-S 3 Axis Gimbals is also handy.
- Customer Service is top notch and located in the US, as mentioned above.
The main "con" for me is the learning curve. Same with all gimbals, learning how to use them properly can be challenging at first. Specifically:
o Initial set up and balancing.
o Using the joystick while still maintaining "smooth" movements.
o Stabilization settings, specifically, learning the different modes and how/when to switch between them.
o Proper body movement with your arms and legs for the really great shots.
- Another con for me is knowing which stabilization mode I am in, it can be confusing at times. Realistically though, this can also be grouped up into the "learning curve" con.
All that said, after learning how to balance the gimbal and setting up the motor power setting properly, you can still get great footage "out of the box". I threw together a video with premiere recently, using shots from the first time I ever took the Rage out to shoot. I really didn't know what I was doing with it yet, and you'll see the shots are only decent at best during the first half of the video. It starts to get better around the half way mark, as I started to catch on to how to move with it and use the joystick properly. I've improved with it since this video, but will still attach it as an example of how you can get usable to great footage with minimal to no experience. Once you develop some muscle memory with it then you are guaranteed to get endless amazing shots. The 4k video had to be compressed down to fit here, thrown together just for fun to learn premiere in an attempt to sync it to some royalty free music.
And no, I do not work for Evo, or even know anyone personally who works there. I was simply treated well as a customer, and gave the Rage a thorough trial run before leaving a fair review. You'll notice that the negative Rage reviews listed here (so far) are not actually product reviews at all.
I use my Panasonic G7 Lumix /w Movo VXR10 mic mounted on it. Supports it with no problem
Love the case and accessories.