Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EXPLORER Ushanka Winter Trapper Faux Fur Pilot Hat with Ear Flaps Russian BROWN 7 5/8
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on February 4, 2013
I live on a fixed income and was hesitant about spending over $35 for a hat plus shipping and handling! But I was sick and tired of buying women's winter hats that fit poorly and weren't warm enough for the cold temperatures of Ohio's winter months! I ordered this hat early on the 1st and received in the mail on the 4th; this was a pleasant surprise since the estimated delivery date was anywhere from the 7th to the 12th! The hat fits perfectly and is nice and warm too! I may get a few odd looks from people since I've never seen another person with this type of hat but I don't care; at least I know I'll be warm no matter how cold it gets!!
on December 25, 2013
Great hat. I'm a cross country truck driver. Seems like I spend most of winter in the Pacific NW. This hat is great for those windy/snowy days. Also good to sleep in. Warm, comfortable, durable. I was hesitant about the price but very satisfied that I ordered the hat. Fur inside as well as out, except for the quited lining that sits atop one's head. Thinking of ordering another...
on February 16, 2012
This hat is AMAZING. It's ridiculously comfy. Winter hasn't been around much this year, but I can tell it's a great hat.
on February 9, 2014
I was out in the cold and the wind was blowing fierce. I had the Ushanka Trapper Hat on and my head and ears were toasty warm! They stayed that way the whole time I was outside, over an hour. This hat works and works well! I was even sweating under it. The temp was around 19 degrees with the wind chill somewhere around zero so I can say if you want a warm hat to keep your ears and head warm, this is the hat to get. It is soft too. I have another hat, a fleece muk luk and it is Ok to keep your head warm but nothing like this and it isn't very soft. This hat, you just want to sink your head into it and enjoy being in it. It does get very warm so if you live in an area where you think 50 above zero is cold, this isn't the hat for you; your head would burn up in it. But if you live in a frigid area, get this hat!
on February 7, 2013
Item is very warm and the sizing of the hat is exactly as stated in the listing. This will keep you warm on those frigid days. I highly recommend!
on March 12, 2014
Bought an extra large but still too small but great quality. Even too small for my wife. Other reviews indicated sizing issues so I ordered the XL hoping that would fit but no luck - wasted Money on shipping.
on January 21, 2014
My husband loved the hat, but has few chances to wear it, since the weather here is unexpectedly very warm. At this time of year, my hubby is usually cold when he wears his usual duck-billed type hat, and this aviator cap keeps his neck and ears warm, so we really like it!
on December 22, 2015
I absolutely love this, and it comes with a quick release at the bottom of the ear muffs so it wraps around my cheeks and doesn't let the air in, an extra bonus not mentioned in the description. I bought Chocolate color and it looks EXACTLY like the picture. You can tell it's not real rabbit, since the colors are more in patterns than a real rabbit would be, but looks great! I was worried about it not matching, but since it has a variation of colors it will match most dark to light browns, from reddish browns to yellow browns, and some colors that are more gray brown. I ordered Medium/Large and mine fit a little large, but you don't want it tight fitting on a cold day, you want a little air inside as insulation, so I'm happy. It has fur inside and out on the ear flaps, and quilted inside at the top of the head. Excellent. I'd expect this hat to work for almost everyone. Boy does it ship fast! Much faster than anything else I ordered at the same time.

The quick release chin strap is supposed to hold the ear muffs up on top of the head, but I don't think that works real well or would be as comfortable or look as good. As you can tell, I'm not going to use this feature but will always have the quick release clip fastened below my chin so I stay cozy warm.
on December 2, 2015
An elegant and fashionable black hat that can be worn anywhere! At first did not want to pay shipping because I am a prime member so I settled on a hat for my husband that that was more expensive but with less fur (actually had rabbit fur). When it arrived, we were so disappointed (fur was skimpy and keeps shedding). I decided to order the Explorer because my husband kept saying this was the hat he really liked. It arrived within days (faster than prime!). The quality and styling are beyond my expectations (I examined the fur, seams, and sewing carefully and was very pleased). I know it will be a hit at Christmas. Don't settle for less if you want a well made stylish full fur hat. It definitely does not have the appearance of being a "costume".
on December 3, 2015
This is really a beautiful hat. It's a Xmas present for my husband. so I don't know for sure how it'll fit him, but it 's a little big on me, which means (I hope) that it'll fit him perfectly. The material is really very nice and I think it will be a very warm hat. I like the fact that it is machine washable (and I know my hubby will like that as well). So far, I am extremely pleased with the hat...and the order was processed very quickly and efficiently.