EZ BioResearch Bacteria Science Kit (I) : Pre-poured LB Agar Plates and Cotton Swabs, E-Book for Science Fair Project with Award Winning Experiments
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- THE #1 SELLING BACTERIA SCIENCE KIT ON AMAZON (2015): 99.9% perfect orders. 500+ unpaid and unsuppressed reviews from Amazon verified purchases. Lots of science fair competition awards! Professional quality products and services at unbeatable prices! We offer 100% money back guarantee.
- THE SAFEST AGAR PLATES ON AMAZON: Luria Broth(LB) agar plates are used to grow environmental bacteria. By contrast, Tryptic Soy(TS) agar plates are used to grow pathogenic bacteria from clinic patients. TS agar plates will grow blood-born bacteria which are very dangerous in unprotected environments such as home and school. The amplified blood born bacteria could infect other family members, students and teachers. Be aware of the hidden health risk when using TS agar plates!
- BIOTECH QUALITY, FRESH AND READY-TO-USE: Factory-direct fresh 10 Pre-poured sterile LB-agar plates and 10 sterile 6-inch long swabs (in 5 pouches), 1 bottle of 0.5 oz hand sanitizer, 2 sterile dilution tubes and 2 transfer pipets. Our plates are manufactured using the biotech GMP standards. Each plate has a fresh and thick layer of agar. Fresh plates promote faster and more bacterial growth as compared to aged stored plates. Re-sealable packaging convenient for re-use.
- FREE SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT E-BOOK: Packed with easy-to-do experiments with clear step-by-step instruction to help you winning science fair competition. Experiments range from testing simple 5 second rule to evaluating the effectiveness of antibacterial agents. Tips and advices are provided to avoid common mistakes.
- PEACE OF MIND: Any question? No worry. You will receive immediate live support with PhD scientists with extensive hands-on experience. A toll-free 800 number is provided. Before you buy or try, check out the vendor to see whether it has a telephone number or a physical address.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
LB stands for Luria Broth, a nutritionally rich medium, which is one of the most common media used in the laboratories worldwide.
LB medium is recommended safe for student use, whereas Tryptic Soy Agar medium is NOT suitable for student use due to its ability to amplify blood-born pathogenic bacteria.
1) 10x Pre-poured sterile LB-agar plates (100 x 15 mm Petri Dish)
2) 10x 6-inch sterile cotton swabs (2 per pouch)
3) 1x 0.5 oz hand sanitizer
4) 2 x sterile dilution tubes.
5) 2 x transfer pipets
6) Detailed Instruction
7) Free Science Fair Project E-Book
LB agar plates should be placed in a refrigerator upon arrival. LB-agar plates stored under such conditions have a minimum shelf life of 3 months.
1) Take out one sterile cotton swab. Gently wipe a test area with the cotton swab to pick up bacteria. Here are some of the popular samples of the test objects: human or pet teeth, hands, phone, TV remote, restaurant menu, sink, floor, fruit, vegetable etc.
2) Take out one of the agar plates (No warm-up is needed). Open the agar plate and gently streak the agar plate with the cotton swab to transfer the bacteria onto the surface of the agar plate.
3) Cover the agar plate and place it in an upside-down position in an incubator with a temperature between 85 and 100 oF. A desk lamp or a portable heater can be used as a heat source.
4) Watch appearance of small bacterial colonies on the surface of the agar plates after 12-48 hr of incubation.
LIVE TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
EZ Prepoured LB agar plates are backed by our 100% money back guarantee. If more technical assistance is needed, we not only provide you with an email address, but also a telephone number to talk to our friendly laboratory tech support.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We had bacteria colonies growing on the plates in 24-48 hours. A few things to remember:
1. Bacteria like a dark, humid and warm environmemt. If you wipe a dry material/place make sure you wet the sterile cotton swab before wiping. I used water from a water bottle.
2. After wiping place the agar plates upside down (agar gel up) in a box. There will be water droplets forming inside the plate, and you don't want the water to ruin the agar gel.
3.To create a dark and warm environment I used a metal box with lid ( not transparent) that fit all the agar plates I wanted to use in it. I bought a desk lamp and turned it on for 72 hours on top of the box, 3 inches far from the box. I did not use a thermometer.
4. The wiping process is easy, you just slightly press on the agar and trace some zig-zag lines all over the plate. If you innoculate different bacteria from different places on the agar plate you use this zig zag technique.
5. Don't forget to use a sharpie and write down the name of the place/object you are testing on the side of the agar plate. You will have to take pictures at some point so make sure the name is visible on the side.
Our experiment was a success!:)
We also followed previous reviewers suggestions to store the plates, once swabbed, upside down so that the condensation would not drip on the medium.
Thank you to all the great Amazon reviewers for the helpful tips!
It is important to store them in the fridge prior to using the trays.
You can see the successful one where we grew from his teeth and inside of nose. It's held up to light.
The one with black tape is the first contaminated one we tossed.
The other pics are of the rest that molded in the bag.
I purchased this primarily for the fact that they are ready to be used out of the box. My kids enjoyed doing this experiment and after seeing the results I am happy to say that they actually take the time to wash their hands not for as long as I would like but it’s a start.
Great product and it was packaged well. Loved the fact that they were ready to be used the moment you get them. Kids had lots of fun can see myself buying again for future experiments.