Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PILL CUTTER 1
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on November 27, 2011
I wasn't convinced any pill splitter was better than any other so bought the Apex Ultra Splitter. It had consider problems, and I've owned two and each of them didn't cut evenly and took some serious trial learning to figure out the imperfections in the splitter and placing the pill accordingly. Then I used this EZY Dose Cutter at a friend's and it was instant and perfect cuts. I've only used it for round pills but I would suspect it will offer the same value for other shapes. But it is exactly what you want in a pill cutter (if you're curious the EZY Dose Cutter uses a mold that is setup so the blade can only pass if it is lined up perfect. the Apex Ultra has the blade just come down and as a result can be significantly misaligned).
on January 12, 2016
I purchased this particular item at the local pharmacy, not through Amazon, but it is the same brand, ezy dose. And I am remarkably unhappy with its pill splitting ability. It cut an aspirin kind of in half but it was easy to see that it wasn't split evenly. I tried another pill, a diuretic tablet that was scored down the center (so I put it in the pill splitter oriented to that direction) and this pill splitter cut it into three pieces, not two! You had ONE job, pill splitter, and you failed.

I am attaching a photograph. This is representative of this device's pill splitting ability. About a third of the time it shredded the pill into more than two fairly even pieces.

I will be returning this to my local store and finding another brand to do the job.
review image
on February 16, 2013
I have used various pill cutters. This one is the best so far. It is quite large and accommodates large tablets easily and the blade so far is very sharp so it cuts pills cleanly. I will reccommend it highly.
on July 8, 2013
Arrived on time, but this pill cutter doesn't work for the oblong pills I need to cut -- it just shatters the pills. I've tried repeatedly, but I just end up with pieces. Worse than the pill cutter I was replacing. Maybe it works for round pills.
on February 15, 2016
I wore out a pill cutter and was in the market for a new one. The reviews for the Ezy Dose Original Tablet Cutter were pretty good, so I went that way. I have no regrets. I have to cut both round and oblong tablets for the pups and the Ezy Dose does the job excellently. It consistently cuts cleanly and the slope down to the apex of the holder is a plus. Good product.
on May 18, 2000
It neatly cuts a pill in half if it has an indent in it. If the pill is small with no indent, it has a tendency to crush part of the pill. Other than that, I'd recommend the tablet cutter.
on June 1, 2014
Unfortunately, this is a realm in which I would not like to be an expert, but with the close to 30 tablets a day that I have to take, including vitamins and supplements, a pill cutter is just one of those things that becomes essential. i have gone through quite a few that claim to be the best and are EZ to use, but bottom line, they were ineffective, they didn't cut accurately, which is crucial with some medications, or they were simply really hard to handle.
This tablet cutter lives up to it"s name, EZY. The cut is accurate, doesn't slip like most others, and it cuts with ease without you having to slam the handle down and essentially crushing the pill in the process. Great little gadget!!! :-)
on June 7, 2016
I bought one of these to cut small round pills in half and it did the job swimmingly. Then a family member learned I had it and asked to "borrow" it. I then ordered another one, and wouldn't you know it, another family member admired how nice it was. My third order was for a two-pack, just in case any additional family members notice it.

Bottom line -- it cuts pills well, it's easy to use, it's extremely useful, if you're into that whole "cut your own pills" thing, and I have and would buy it again.
on August 5, 2016
works. Inexpensive. ...but weigh of the lid is greater than the base, so, when flipped open after cutting a pill, the lid falls on the table, lifting the base. To use again, you must push down on the base, ..slowly, or the lid flaps back. I replaced it with the Easy Care version, also from Amazon. ..works better and faster.
on July 31, 2016
Seems to work just fine. I mean, it cuts pills. The only thing that would be cool is if the hinge slid so the pill doesn't get pushed around a little when you push the blade down on it. Pretty minor thing though.