Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 24, 2013
This is a beautifully told story on many levels. It's an travel-and-adventure narrative that is a true story of mystical insight and evolution. It carried me along in the sweep of it, the surprise, and the message to follow your star, be yourself, trust yourself. It was also fascinating for its focus on sacred sites. A highly recommended book. I'd want to follow her into further journeys.
6 people found this helpful
on November 13, 2013
This was a truly remarkable book about a woman's spiritual awakening. Her natural style made it feel like I was with her on her journey. I found myself laughing and crying. The way she trusted the things that happened to her inspired me to be more trusting of my own path. The part about her meeting her twin soul was especially illuminating, because something similar had happened to me.
The author's words helped me understand my own emotions and how to put them in a bigger context. It was a great read.
12 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2010
The most helpful thing about Inayat's somewhat negative review is that it illustrates the hangups that act as impediments to our spiritual growth. That reviewer felt repelled by the sexual current between Jonette and Mallku. Why? They never really "got it on" physically; the Tantric use of sexual energies for spiritual purposes is older than Shiva and Shakti. It's not necessary to excise the three lower chakras in order to attain spiritual purity. That only leads to the Palace of Klingsor, and invokes, I'd think, rather bad karma.

How do you think we got here, in these bodies? Was there no grunting, sweating, moaning in the act that brought us to this place?

Now we come to the book itself, and the central question all Seekers should ask: Does this book reveal spiritual truth or is it in part channeled by evil beings who want to divert us from the Path? Each of us must answer for ourselves, not for others.

My own experience with The Eagle and the Condor was positive--and then some. I found the various elements of the story to be internally consistent. Each of these resonated in my being. I also found Crowley's personality frank and honest.

As a bonus, I discovered this stuff works. Before retiring the night I finished the book, I did a simple invocation to Pachamama the Earth Goddess. Woke up at 3 am after a dream in which I drove a globe vehicle around in strange terrain; riding shotgun was a striking woman with ash-blond hair. There was much more to the dream, but it's personal & wouldn't do anybody else much good.

Eagle & Condor is, for me, a book to keep close and re-read often. I think it can create doors for readers where none seemed to exist before, and unlock existing doors for other readers.
8 people found this helpful
on July 1, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It bought back to me many of my Lemurian memories. A great journey overall! Wonderful!
9 people found this helpful
on April 5, 2017
Well written personal epic, highly recommended reading.
Jonette. details a journey of both mind and spirit.
to a deeper awaking of her consciousness and reveals her true soul purpose in this life time.
One person found this helpful
on December 4, 2013
Loved this book. I love the fact that Jonette makes it very clear that she is a normal human being that who, often much to her surprise, has been exposed to one of the great spiritual journeys of not only modern times but even one for the ages. It has that ring of innocence and truth that should not be missed.
3 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2017
Very interesting book.
on March 28, 2016
This book would go well with the book Lessons in Courage.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon March 8, 2007
This beautifully written account of a woman's mystical journey shed light on the quandry of how to bring Heaven to Earth for me. I felt my energy shift as I vicariously experienced the initiations Jonette went through. Having often felt the power of 'unseen forces' in my life, I loved the reenforcement of reading about others' experiences. This is a marvelous story and the down-to-earth manner in which it is presented makes the blending of the mystical and the domestic quite believable and appealing.
14 people found this helpful
on March 18, 2015
I purchased this book for my mom and she loves it!!
2 people found this helpful