Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 6, 2012
Every couple weeks, I leave home for the weekend and I need a roomy, durable duffel bag to hold my clothes as well as other odds and ends I am bringing with me. The large size is perfect to fit three pairs of my 36" inseam pants (folded in half), three to four shirts, a jacket, an extra pair of shoes, and of course socks and undies. The bottom of the bag is not reinforced with any type of stiff material, but the way it is constructed, it will sit flat without the need of reinforcement. It will also fold up into a sack (included) that is 14"x7"x4" (approximately).

This bag seems durable enough that I do not worry about throwing it down on the floor or tossing it in my trunk. I really like the padded handle. It makes it much easier to carry a heavy load. I wish the padding on the shoulder strap was thicker but it is fine as it is. The zipper seems durable and I do not worry about breaking this like I have many zippers in the past.

There is on zippered pocket on the front of the bag, but no other storage pockets elsewhere on the bag. I was spoiled by my previous bag's side pockets. They make it easier to find the smaller things without having to rummage through the entire bag. However, the front pocket has worked fine so far so I cannot take off any marks for the lack of the extra pockets.
on April 28, 2013
This is a tough, nice looking duffle bag that fits so much in it.

We bought two of these bags for use on holidays as checked luggage, they are so light they don't eat into your luggage weight allowance, whereas wheeled bags are often 4kg or more.

The cinch straps across the top let you cinch it down if it isn't full, making its dimensions smaller if you are having trouble with checked in luggage restrictions. We never had a problem with this as a checked bag on several airlines. The base is reinforced and strong. It folds down very small. The bag it comes in can be used as a packing cell while you're travelling, to put miscellaneous items, socks, undies or whatever in it, to keep them separate from other items - a packing cell that size would normally cost $15 or so at least, and this one is free with the bag.

The only thing not good about this bag is that you can fit so much into it and it can be so heavy, that we missed not having wheels. They do have a shoulder strap, but if you're lugging 23kg around, they're still very heavy to carry by the shoulder straps or the carry handles. Easier to find a trolley at the airport for the bag. If there's two people with two of these bags, the carry straps on either end mean you can each grab one end of each bag and walk in convoy with them.

I highly recommend this bag for African safaris, where you have to travel with collapsible bags, or where you want to utilise your checked luggage allowance on your contents rather than wasting it on the bag's weight.
One person found this helpful
on January 13, 2014
I haven't bought a new duffel bag in years, so when I realized my high school bag was on its last legs, I panicked a little. I did some basic research and then bought this in a rush. I took it on a crosscountry drive with me, and I am so happy I did. This bag is HUGE, but not as hard to carry as I thought it might be. You have to sling it in an awkward fashion for maximum comfort while carrying, but it does not fall off your shoulder and the outside straps help keep everything stable and in place. I spilled water, coffee and shampoo on the bag, but none of these liquids reached my clothes and there is no discoloration. All in all, I am very satisfied. I'll be taking this on all future trips.
on May 26, 2013
I wish this bag had the pass through to hook over the telescope handle of rolling luggage, but this large size does not.
Its a nice large size and well constructed.
I don't think I can fold it up again to get back inside its stuff sack.
Great sturdy bag. No problems after checking it in as luggage for 6 flights.
One person found this helpful
on December 9, 2012
I bought these for our 3-week trip to India. We were traveling with a baby and with all the luggage restrictions (we were checking in his car seat), we weren't sure if normal suitcases/luggage would serve our needs. We wanted to try duffel bags which were tough while not being heavy. After doing some research, these seemed to be a good fit. We ordered a couple and were able to fit in a lot of stuff (~50lbs) in each of them. Just to be on the safe side, I taped the bags(with packaging tape). But it didn't seem like they needed it. They survived the trip fine without a scratch. I even used them for road trips. We were extremely satisfied with them and would recommend them. It would have been great if these had wheels, but I bought them knowing well ahead that these didn't come with wheels.
Top Contributor: Sewingon October 12, 2012
I feel like I bought maybe the best possible duffel bags out there with this model and brand. These are a very durable and useful bag. After getting the XL Green came back and got Large Blue. In the XL size, you can fit a sleeping bag, camp pillow, multiple small toiletry bags, shoes, and bunch of clothes in. Its probably all you really need. In the Large you can get either a weeks worth of clothes, or fill it with other gear for car camping. The handles can also be worn as a sideways backpack if you need to free your hands to carry other things. The fabric feels like it will last forever. We all like the green best though, they seem to blend in, hold so much and work so well for men or women and are soft and collapsible. My opinion of Eagle Creek products has become very satisfactory after this purchase.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 1, 2014
This is the best bag you could buy. It is well made, holds a lot of stuff plus it is very sturdy. Went twice in italy with it and looks like new
on September 4, 2012
I bought this so I can travel with ease instead of lugging around a heavy and bulky suitcase. This bag is certainly large (I got the L size), and will hold anywhere from 5-7 days of outfits and more. It folds back quickly, easily, and compact to fit into the bag that is supplied for easy storage. Anyone who is looking for a durable, high quality, portable, and easily stored duffel can't go wrong with this, especially for the price.
on August 2, 2016
Great duffel bag. Roomy and light weight. Quality Eagle Creek product
on October 20, 2012
This bag was bigger them I expected, which is great!!! It comes in great cute packaging, and as i was pulling the bag out it kept getting bigger and bigger. this looks plenty big enough to pack all of my sons clothing for our move. Love that it is so light weight, so we can pack it full without worrying about going over baggage weight limits!! May have to buy another one in the future
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.