Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: One Size|Color: Strobe Green|Change

Showing 1-10 of 403 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 433 reviews
on February 7, 2015
Proof is in the pictures...A full-length, wool trenchcoat and scarf compressed down to the size of a legal sheet of paper. Hard as a brick and very difficult to zipper, but it worked. I travel between cold and warm climates and there is nothing worse than lugging a wool coat all around CA because my latter week appointments are in NYC or Boston. I can now stash the whole coat in my computer bag. On average, I would say this compresses clothing to half size. I have 2 bags -- an overnight barding bag and a 21" -- where I can pack 2 & 5 days in each respectively. I was able to get 5 tees, undies, and socks along with 3 dress shirts into my overnight now. I don't think it will be life-changing, but should allow me to avoid the gate-check on the small commuter jets. I bought a second set to segregate dirty clothes.
review image
0Comment| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2016
For almost three weeks in January and February, we'll be in Lofoten, Norway (68° North, above the Arctic Circle) and then in the Swiss Alps (13,000+ ft elevation). For a deep winter trip to both destinations, I ordered two Eagle Creek Pack-It Compression Cube Sets and two Eagle Creek Specter Compression Cube Sets.

In 40+ years of traveling all over the world, we've only checked our luggage once. This time, as almost always, we will only have carry-ons. My husband will carry a Kestrel 48, and I, an Osprey Kyte 36. For personal items, we will have a Think Tank Retrospective 20 camera bag and an Induro tripod. That's all.

When *not* being filled to the maximum capacity, both backpacks will be within the carry-on allowance on a cheap European budget airlines. Still, I want to be certain that what I ordered from Eagle Creek will compress everything and in turn, making the backpacks look more compact to airline personnel.

I only used 3.5 sets to pack this long list of clothing and accessories (based on the thickness, some clothing were rolled, some were folded):

3 pairs of Woolx heavyweight merino middle layer leggings
1 pair of Woolx heavyweight merino long johns
3 Woolx heavyweight pullovers
1 Scottish cashmere sweater (very thick)
2 pairs of ski pants
1 North Face down-filled parka (incredibly thick)
1 Rab down-filled parka
3 sets of silk base layers (long sleeve tops and long bottoms)
8 items of merino underwear
2 merino/cashmere knit caps
1 trapper hat
1 roller fur hat
1 Stormy Kromer hat
toiletries, cosmetics, medicines, and electronic accessories.

With the compression sets inside, both of our backpacks are still within the airline allowance with a few inches to spare. I was very impressed.

The difference between the two models:

Pack-It Compression Cube:
Slightly heavier weight: 4 oz
Larger dimensions: 14×10×1.25” (which means larger capacity)
Top zipper opens up three sides

Pack-It Specter Compression Cube:
Featherlight weight: 2 oz
Smaller dimensions: 10×7×1”
Top zipper only opens half way

I liked both models, but have found that the original Pack-It compression model was much better for larger and bulkier items (down parkas and heavyweight merino base layers). The Specter model was perfect for lighter clothing and everything else.

I *highly* recommend both Eagle Creek Compression Cube models for all travellers who pack light and pack effectively.
on June 18, 2016
Amazing how much you can fit into these. I packed clothing for a 10 day Disney trip in the larger one and underclothes, PJs, swim suit and a sweater in the smaller one. Three dresses, a skirt, two pairs of Capri shorts and eight shirts fit into this little bag.
review image review image
on June 27, 2016
Purchased a set of purple and green to organize our luggage when we travel and help me keep my diaper bag tidy. The 1/2 cube size is perfect for 3 to 6 diapers (we use sizes 3 and 5), a soft case of wipes and a small tube of bum cream. The larger size holds all our rain jackets (always handy to have in south Louisiana). Plan to purchase a third set so that I can color code our 3 kids clothing when we are traveling. Material is sturdy but very lightweight, zippers are solid and each bag has a helpful strap across the top for carrying. I like how slick the material is because it's easy to fill and slide them in and out of a larger bag.
I have purchased other Eagle Creek items in the past and been very impressed with the quality and their customer service. I watched lots of YouTube videos, read blogs and reviews before deciding on these (I enjoy researching) and decided on the Specter cubes over the regular cubes because I didn't want to add weight or take up room in my bag. These can be stuffed anywhere when not used and weight almost nothing, so they are great to carry anywhere and do a good job of keeping my stuff contained. Actually looking forward to packing for our next trip and waiting for an excuse to try out other bags in Specter line like their clean/dirty bag, toiletries bag, or pack-it folder.
on October 16, 2016
I bought a pair of these for a 2 week trip around the Pacific northwest. I needed to bring a lot of stuff in just my osprey farpoint 40 backpack, which was going to be a challenge. These definitely helped organize the clutter, but I did find them to be a bit small (especially the smaller of the two), pricey and ultimately a bit bulky when packed full. I also used some self vacuuming plastic bags that worked 10x harder then these and were a fraction on the price. I did find these extremely easy to quickly grab things out of and very durable, though I was occasionally worried the compressor zipper would rip the fabric whilst using that. I can see that if you are doing a quick trip or possibly a full week these would be extremely handy and work wonders. For two weeks in one 40L backpack I needed something that would compress even thinner at max fill, and the smaller bag ended up rather useless to me, save for general organization purposes. As it stands I would spend the money again, as I feel I will continue to use these in the future specifically on smaller trips and general organization purposes. Yet I can't help but mention again that the vacuum seal plastic packers were half the price and still out performed these.
on August 14, 2015
To be completely honest when I first received the packing cubes and used them I was unimpressed and underwhelmed by how effective they were. I packed in a fair amount of clothing (four t-shirts, four button shirts, for pairs of shorts, undershirts) into both cubes. It did not make my pack seem any more roomy at all. I proceeded to use them through my 4 week backpacking Eurotrip and found them to be incredibly helpful! They really helped me to keep all of my items organized and in place just as promised. The more I got used to them and able to configure my pack the more useful they became.
on August 1, 2016
These are awesome. Almost perfect actually.

Pros:

Lightweight
Well made (they might seem cheap at first, because they are super thin, but once you use them you will see that they are well made)
Good size for carry on luggage
They have "compression" (its a zipper, not vaccumn, so it won't shrink a lot, but definitely helpful for saving space)

Cons

Price
They only unzip about halfway, so its more of a bag than a packing cube.

Despite the two drawbacks I purchased a second set after once use.
on March 27, 2017
Fair quality, the material frayed after a few months and generally the fabric did not hold up well. The "warrantee" is really non-existent, you email eagle creek, and the forward you tp another email which starts a whole process obviously designed for consumers to give up. I wouldn't purchase again, regular packaging cubes are okay, and there are new options coming on Indiegogo.
on January 30, 2015
These are O.K., but they are certainly not what I think of as compression sacks. They have two zippers and you have to open both zippers first. You then place th items in the sack and close the smaller zipper. You then have to push down on the sack with one hand while trying to close the longer zipper (it goes around the entire bag) with the other hand. The second zipper tends to catch on the nylon fabric as you try to close it. It is not difficult, but it not super easy either. The "compression" is fairly minimal. You can get better compression by putting things in a stuff sack of equal size, and you can get much better compression with a true compression sack that uses straps.
on March 15, 2017
First impression: unimpressed. I found a three pack of compression cubes from another brand for half the price but went with eagle creek assuming the quality would be superior. After receiving the cubes, it’s clear that I could have gone with the cheaper option. At this price, I was really expecting the quality to be much better. I also expected more from the design. I don’t see any reason that these can’t open up more to make them easier to pack.

I’m still going to use them for an upcoming trip and will see how they hold up. I will update my review if they somehow blow my mind.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.