BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on June 1, 2014
Summary: Strong initial impression of quality; small sizes overall - plan accordingly; wish EC offered more than four colors, for color-coding.

Just received the 3-cube EC Pack-It set, which I ordered at the same time as a Travelwise 3-cube set. The Eagle Creek set is smaller overall, which works for me as I plan to use it for my 6yo's clothing for an upcoming multi-week, multi-stop trip.

- The largest cube (~10 x 14") is *roughly* the size of a large-format magazine, and 3" deep.
- The middle size (9" x 7") is about the size of a small cereal box, or slightly bigger than a guidebook (DK Eyewitness size, not Rick Steves).
- And the smallest cube (8 x 4") is about the size of a Jambox speaker or three iPhones in a row. (Why is this size info not available on Amazon's product page?? Also, just noticed than one of the Amazon reviews says they received one large and two half-cubes. I actually would've preferred that set.)

ETA: Went over to the Eagle Creek site and the items in this set are classifed as: cube, half-cube, quarter cube.

The interior seams are nicely finished and zippers work smoothly (there are double/two-way zippers for each bag, so you can open or close at any point along the opening). I hope to report back on the durability and stain resistance of the fabric/mesh after we get back from our trip, but for now it seems sturdy enough. The mesh is the same color as the fabric (vs. the Travelwise set which has black mesh). I'm pleased that the cubes did not have a strong plastic smell when I took them out of the package.

For a starter set I like the quality of the items, but wish the cube sizes were larger across the board or that there were two of the largest size and one small cube (rather than XS/S/M). Note that I am planning to use this to pack a (shared) family suitcase; I might find the current combination just perfect if I was trying to do one-bag travel for myself. (The largest EC cube is about the size of the Travelwise medium cube.)

Going forward I may add another cube (largest size in this set) or the double cube, which is available separately.

And just for the wish list, it would be great if Eagle Creek had more colors available for the Pack-It system beyond black, blue, green, red. (I ordered the Travelwise set because EC doesn't offer purple.) With multiple family members sharing a bag, it's nice to be able to color-code to other travel things we already own.

Will try to update once we get back.
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2014
Let's be real. A bag is rarely a perfect shape and sticking a bunch of cubes into it will not allow you to put more in the bag. These will, however, allow you to keep a lot more organized and help make sure you get the same items to fit every time with a lot less wrinkles.

There are a lot of complaints that these aren't as big as the eBags ones but to be honest, I think that Eagle Creek is targeting the more mobile traveler. A single large fills about half my Osprey Farpoint 40 pack so it's a much less flexible option for me. When I pack my 100L rolling duffel to check at the counter, I definitely reach for my large eBags cube but for a backpack, they're simply too big and the extra weight from the heavier cubes are just not worth it to me.

I normally travel with 2 full cubes, a half cube, and one or two quarter cubes depending on what I'm taking. I like the small ones for things like my running shorts/top and swim trunks because it keeps them separate from the rest of my clothes. I also use a compression stuff sack for socks and underwear since wrinkles are meaningless and I can get an extra few days' worth in there.

This setup has allowed me to pack a full 10 days into my Farpoint pack without having to wash clothes. I bring small trash bags and pack my clean and dirty clothes into the same cubes they came from by wrapping them in the bags. it's been a very efficient way to travel and I've never found myself needing more.

So if you are packing light and looking to maximize what you can fit into a backpack, get these. If you're packing for multiple people and/or into a huge suitcase, the ebags are more than likely what you need.
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2016
I love the Eagle Creek travel Pack-It Cubes: they help keep me organized while on a trip.

It’s debatable to me whether the cubes actually help put more clothing into a suitcase. I can pack pretty tightly, and it is conceivable that I’d be able to use more nooks and crannies without the cubes. However, the massive increase in organization is worth the slight sacrifice of space to me. Staying organized during a trip greatly reduces my stress and makes staying in hotels and traveling from place to place much, much easier.

What I own: I have a variety of Eagle Creek cubes, sets like this one (cube, half cube, and quarter cube) in four different colors, plus several additional regular and half-sized cubes in those colors, and a set of two compression cubes.

Here's what I like about them:

* Durability: The bags are very sturdy and the zippers are strong. I have owned them for ten months and taken them on quite a few trips where they’ve been squashed into suitcases or backpacks, zipped up when almost bursting with clothing, and used by children who aren’t particularly gentle with them. The cubes have been dropped and flung and stepped on and they still are still going strong.

* Improved personal organization: The cubes have greatly increased my ability to stay organized on a trip. Before the cubes, my suitcase would be neat and tidy on our outbound trip, but as soon as I arrived and opened it, the contents would explode into the room as I dug through everything looking for a pair of pants that I’d placed on the bottom, or a shirt I wanted to wear that was halfway down. It was like the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. After a couple days the suitcase and area around it would be cluttered with clothing. Finding anything was a pain. Clean clothing would end up on the floor, and when it came time to go it was difficult to get everything back in it.

With the cubes, clothing can be sorted into cubes by function, e.g. a cube of T-shirts, a cube of long-sleeved shirts, a cube of underclothing, etc. With the cubes I no longer have to dig through the layers of clothing, disrupting everything in my search for the one item I want. Now I can remove just one or two cubes, locate the one I want (thanks to the mesh on the side which lets me see the contents), open it, remove the item, zip it back up, and replace all the cubes. The suitcase stays nice and tidy through the entire trip, and repacking is a cinch.

* Improved organization for families: These are great for families as well. I use them to stay organized on different-length trips:

(1) Short trips. On a weekend trip, we can put each person’s clothing (two changes of clothing) into one regular cube each. Each person gets a different color. All the cubes (five) fit into a small, rolling 21” suitcase. Upon our arrival, I hand out a color-coded cube to each person. Each cube now acts like a mini-suitcase, keeping each person's weekend clothing together. Simple and neat.

(2) Function-specific cubes. It is possible to put four or five compressible rain jackets plus a couple compact umbrellas into a single regular-sized cube. This means it’s easy to load up a backpack for a rainy day outing for five people: just grab the rain gear cube. No more stuffing everyone’s jackets loose into a backpack. On the outing itself, the cube keeps the jackets and umbrella under control. Without the cube the jackets would burst outwards every time the backpack was opened up, with the cube they all stay neat and contained. We can also fill a cube with swimsuits, goggles, lotion etc. for a trip to the pool or the beach.

(3) Long trips with multiple stops. These are invaluable on long trips. In this case, each person gets their own 21” rolling suitcase and a set of cubes. For a two-week trip to Europe, each person got two regular-sized cubes and two half-sized cubes for their clothing. The two regulars fit snugly together on the bottom of the suitcase with no wasted space, and the half-size cubes fit sideways on top of one of the regulars. The remaining space was used for other items like a toiletries bag, first aid kit, extra jacket, boots, etc. which didn’t go into cubes.

During the trip, the cubes worked beautifully. They kept all our clean clothing sorted and easy to move around when we were searching for particular items. If we wanted to unpack, we could just place the cubes themselves into drawers or onto shelves. No need to unpack the contents. Re-packing was easy: just load the cubes back into the suitcase. This made keeping track of multiple people’s clothing MUCH easier. We stayed in five places over two weeks and the cubes kept us organized the whole time.

Note: I use the cubes in conjunction with a laundry management system, because as clothing gets dirty we no longer wanted it in the cubes with the clean clothing. I brought some thin, nylon, drawstring laundry bags to collect the dirty laundry each day. As the laundry accumulated I transferred it into a succession of plastic vacuum bags with one-way air valves. For these, just load the vacuum bag with dirty clothing, squeeze out the air by kneeling on it or rolling it up, then unroll it and you’re left with a solid brick of vacuum-sealed, plastic-wrapped clothing. Removing the air is important because dirty laundry, unless folded, takes up more space than clean clothing. I’d pack these flat slabs of dirty clothing on top of the cubes of clean clothing. The result was that by the end of the trip the packing cubes were nearly empty while the vacuum-sealed laundry bags were quite full. But between these two systems we were able to stay very organized on a two-week trip with five people and five different stops.
on October 11, 2017
Great quality, and great sizes for carry on bags. Do note that to fill a carry on with these packing cubes that you will need two “layers” of the cubes. The height of these cubes are about the height of a rolled-up shirt, pants, or pair of socks (intentional, I’m sure). So, this set plus one more of the smallest cube pictured above will complete the bottom layer of the suitcase, and you will need to choose what fits your needs for the top layer—say, the largest cube of this dry and a shoe bag, or what have you.

I plan to get more so my husband and I have full sets—and probably some extras so we can customize to each trip’s needs.
Color: Blue Sea|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a teacher I use these sorts of bags not just for packing, but for organization in my backpack and bags.
These are very well made, although also more expensive, than some other brands I use.
The zippers work well, and I appreciate that there are two zip puls, my cheaper ones have only one zip, so you must open and close from one side.
These are on the small side for clothes, I have attached a photograph with a soda can for scale.
review image
on October 26, 2014
I just went on a 2 month trip in several climates using these packing cubes and they were a complete savior. I used them with the Kelty Redwing 50 backpack, and by coincidence, they fit perfectly at the bottom of the bag - almost as if they were made for it. I always thought that packing cubes would just add extra stuff to my bag, but I was able to pack far more efficiently and the material is very thin. If you roll your clothing, you can fit tons. In two months, I packed for European cold weather, European beach weather, middle eastern desert heat, and an Indian wedding all in one carry-on using this set. I did end up purchasing one extra half cube (the middle size) just because I had varied needs. (And all four cubes fit in a carry one with extra room).

In addition to optimizing packing space, these cubes really help keep you organized and assist with packing and unpacking if you're moving destinations. When you're traveling and moving every few days, it's nice to be able to just grab each cube and pull it out - done, unpacked. Repacking of course still takes a little time (as always), but I liked to repack as I went through clothes. I stuffed them very full, never had any trouble with the zippers or seams.

Can't recommend more!
on January 11, 2016
I bought this travel cube set because my parents have the same Eagle Creek cubes in the large and medium sizes, and the cubes worked great for me when I borrowed them. The tiniest cube is virtually useless to me though, unless I use it to pack socks. This set would be more ideal with two of the large or medium cubes rather than including the smallest one. The large one is good for carrying a few outfits if you roll them up neatly. I use the medium one for carrying my toiletries (can fit a makeup bag, deodorant, moisturizer, etc.). Great quality, especially for the price! I'm sure I'll be using these for years to come.

I would recommend buying the shoe bags that Eagle Creek sells rather than these. Those worked great for carrying my clothes and keeping them neat and folded when I went on a month-long Europe trip. The shoe bag was sturdier than these cubes, too.
on April 17, 2017
For anyone thinking of buying packing cubes...buy these! I bought them for an upcoming trip to Disney, but have used them for a few shorter trips. Personally, I like them better than the Specter Compression set (which I initially bought, but returned), in terms of quality and value. These are made of a fabric that seemed a little more heavy duty than the Specters, and I got four (this set plus an additional medium cube) for what I paid for two Specter cubes. I recently used the large and small cubes in this set for a trip to D.C. and loved how organized my backpack was! I was able to fit three pairs of shorts and five tops in the large one, and my socks and underwear went in the small one. THESE WILL CHANGE HOW YOU PACK!!!!
on August 8, 2017
I just used these for a four-day weekend away, and they provided perfect compact clothes portability. Between the three sizes in the set, you're covered for storing a number of different sized articles like socks, underwear, shirts, and pants. It looks like they make an even larger Pack-it cube as well, but this set probably covers most needs for a 4 or 5 day trip, maybe longer depending on how tightly you roll your clothes. The cubes made it easy to keep things organized and find what I needed, and I used them to take a couple articles from one place to another, like swim trunks and a beach shirt. A good travel purchase for sure.
on February 14, 2016
I use these cubes for miscellaneous stuff. I can put nail files, lip gloss, tooth paste, etc. in this type of cube to keep these little travel necessities organized. These cubes have a stiff fabric side so they have a little more ridged shape but can squish down when the suitcase is closed. The larger cube is good to use for rolled underwear. It is hard to imaging traveling without our Eagle Creek organizers.

We also have Pack-It Specter Cubes and love them in green for me and white for my husband.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.