Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eagle Creek Undercover Money Belt DLX
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on March 23, 2013
I regularly wear a money belt and after 6 years, my old money belt finally wore out. That old money belt was an Eagle Creek and I liked it so much that I decided to get another one, but of course in a different color - mocha. I've shopped and tried other money belts, and none of them compare in terms of quality and value to that of the Eagle Creek money belts. Sure, you can get a cheaper one but it probably won't last as long or feel as good.

Storage
I have a wallet that measures 1.5 inches thick and I can easily get that into the Eagle Creek money belt with plenty of room to spare. I also carry two sets of keys and have room for a passport, USB thumbdrive, coins, and my iPhone 4S. This effectively makes sitting down in an airplane seat much more comfortable when my pants pockets aren't bulging out due to all the items I have to carry. If you can fit your item(s) within a box that measures 10 inches long x 3.5 inches wide x 1.5 inches thick - then it would probably fit into this money belt.

Comfort
This money belt features a soft fabric along the inside that faces your skin - so that it doesn't feel sweaty or uncomfortable. The elastic belt is completely adjustable and easy to fit. I have a 36" waist and there's still plenty of belt left to accommodate larger sizes. The elastic fabric allows you to take the money belt out easily to retrieve items and then put it back under your clothes.

The best thing about wearing money belts is that your wallet and personal items are more secure - especially when traveling. And after trying several other money belts, this is the one I prefer the most. It never gets sweaty, is always comfortable, and keeps my items secure.
0Comment| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2012
I wore this daily for 2 weeks on a recent trip. It was comfortable, did not cause sweating or turn smelly, and was not noticeable under my clothing. I used one pocket for my passport, which did not get bent, and the other for money. Obviously you need another wallet for your spending money for the day, as you can't access it easily and that's the point of an undercover money belt
22 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
Rick Steves recommended this belt, so I bought it. Good thing. I always had my passport, money and cards on me. Even when I slept. It's comfortable enough that I never noticed it. (I took it off when I showered and a few times, but you get the idea.) I would rather be safe than sorry. In one of the hostels I stayed at, a group of backpackers were robbed, thinking their stuff was safe in their rooms. Not so.

The deluxe version was big enough to fit my valuables, and I would recommend this version over the standard one, which is much smaller. The deluxe wrapped around my lower stomach, but it wasn't that noticeable. I would carry a little bit of money in my pocket, so I wouldn't have to reach into the belt. As far as sweating goes, I travelled in early fall across Europe. I didn't have to worry about heat and perspiration. A few times, when I went running in London and Florence, the money belt did retain the moisture from my body, but it was nothing to be uncomfortable.

Overall, I felt very safe and comfortable wearing my money belt. Obviously, if someone was intent on mugging me, a money belt would probably not deter them. However, as far as petty theft goes and opportunistic pickpocketing, having a money belt is just a smart idea.
22 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2012
Just returned from a 10 day tour of France. Wore this money belt everyday. I carried a passport, two credit cards and 800 euros and was comfortable all the time Just wear it below your belly button within your pants. This belt does not show. I bought the necklace version too. Did not like. its too bulky under your clothes and shows.
0Comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
I do not use travel money pouches around my waist as experience proved that to be uncomfortable and too much of a bother. This pouch fits very well around my leg with a snap closure. I just cut off the excess elastic. It has two pockets which gives me lots of room for credit cards, currency, etc. I am extremely pleased with it.
on August 1, 2012
I used it traveling to Italy and felt reassured that my money and passport were hidden, therefore safe. The material is very thin and it's comfortable to wear. I would recommend it to anyone traveling overseas.
on September 9, 2012
My major values (spare credit card, majority of cash and passport)were safe from pickpockets and purse snatchers! I was able to wear it around my waist and lower under my jeans - it was a great buy since I was traveling out of the hotel and between hotels for most of my trip abroad and I wanted to make sure I lost nothing important like the passport!
I got the nude and you couldn't tell that I was wearing it even with a white button down - great buy! It does get a little hot and sweaty if you were it aaaall day while touring, but it is a small price to pay knowing that my valuables are safe!
33 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2012
This item is not the least expensive item of this sort that you can buy, but the quality is excellent. Well worth a few extra dollars.
on October 24, 2013
This is really the one and only solution to travel when you are going somewhere with pick pockets. Unfortunately, my own friend got his phone stolen on our vacation together - so I was even more adamant about putting everything in here after that (the iPhone 5 fits sideways in here - but it's very inconvenient to keep in here because of how odd it looks to take out). The other bonus of this is that it gives you more pockets if you are a guy and not into carrying a "man bag" around. It does get slightly warm if you put things that are too thick in the inner pocket, but with some rearranging - you'll figure out how you like it. Obviously, you are wearing something extra - so it's a more fabric that isn't entirely breathable but it's basically pretty light. It's not visible through clothing - at least mine...I guess it would be visible through spandex or something tight. If you do use this for vacation / safety travel - I'd suggest buying a cheap wallet and putting a small bit of cash in there with some random coupons or fake credit cards - so if you do get pick pocketed or mugged, the attacker will have thought they "won" and will not go looking for anything else. Getting things in and out of here can only really be done in a bathroom or a private area. You don't want people to know you are wearing it, and trying to get into in in public looks like you are doing something very weird.
on May 29, 2015
I bought one of these about 9 years ago and it LOOKS almost identical to the one being sold now, but mine didn't fall apart or have any problem with the zippers. So, I don't know, maybe it is more cheaply made now. To be sure, the zippers are the fragile cheap nylon variety that come on most pants, so you DO have to be gentle on them. But so do you with pants zippers so I don't see that as a problem.

What I DO see as a problem is the two cheap-ass buckles that come with it. I had two problems with them:

1. The smaller quick-release buckle, attached to the pouch, comes undone all by itself. Excuse me?! I have to trust my precious valuables to a cheap plastic buckle that comes undone? I actually had the buckle come undone while I was walking, and the whole money belt came flying out of one of my pantlegs. Fortunately I was wearing shorts, in a store, so it was obvious. If I had been wearing long pants, especially in a crowd, it would not have been as obvious. Strike one!

2. The GD larger 'buckle', the one that slides to adjust the waist size, DOES NOT STAY PUT. If you bend down, the buckle slides and the belt is now too loose. I actually had the whole belt slide down until it was stopped by the crotch of my pants. I had to waddle to the rest room to re-adjust the belt size. How embarrassing. How ridiculous!

So this is what I had to do to make this belt usable:

1. I inserted TWO cable ties into the smaller belt buckle so it could not come undone. What this does is make it more difficult now to put the belt on. I have to pull it over my head like a shirt or step into it like pants to put it on. But it has never again come undone, in years of use.

2. I had to adjust the belt to size and then insert a cable tie at one end of the larger buckle, around the belt itself, to lock everything in place. It was not necessary to add a second tie but you could for maximum strength.

These modifications--hence the 'kit' designation--have served me well for years now. The belt stays put and it is not that difficult to put on or take off.

I also agree with everyone who complained that the pouch against your abdomen DOES make you sweat underneath. It IS uncomfortable but that's the price you pay for security against the low-life SOBs that you're up against. Also, it IS a bit undignified to have to raise your shirt and pull out a pouch from your groin area when you need to access it. I do get startled, amused looks from people when I have to get out my passport or credit card. But they are friendly enough, so not a real bother, like some reviewers seem to think. I otherwise keep enough cash for the day in a wallet. The extra hassle is well worth the peace-of-mind that the belt offers, especially when it comes to securing something as vital, and attractive to thieves, as a passport or credit card. I've never had any problems with airport security with the steel cables in the belt (the model I got has two thin steel cables inside the belt) or the metal zipper pulls. If it sets off the alarm, I just pull out the pouch and show them and they wave me along.

The thing that bothers me most is that there are really no other options when it comes to a pouch style money belt. Believe me, I've looked. And this company is the main supplier of travel security devices. You'd think they would have gone out of their way to use the latest and best quality fasteners to insure that the very serious problems I had could not occur. But they didn't. Seriously, even velcro is MUCH more secure.
review image review image review image review image