Eagle Creek Universal Traveler Backpack RFID
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Checkpoint Friendly laptop compartment with butterfly-style opening sized to fit most 17” laptops, with a tablet sleeve
- Personal Safety: Sternum strap buckle with integrated safety whistle, plus reflective accents and light attachment loop for nighttime visibility
- Anti-Theft: Two-way lockable zippers with Secure-Zip Toggle closure on main compartments with Central Lock Point to secure contents, and a Passport-sized RFID Blocker pocket for ID protection
- Digital Safe-Zone: Padded compartment sized for up to a 17” laptop, a tablet sleeve, plus an electronics pocket
- All Ways Secure
- Pockets: 5 interior slip, 1 interior zip, 4 exterior
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
A Checkpoint Friendly backpack for an easy screening through TSA, this high-capacity bag can be used for both business and pleasure and is All Ways Secure.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm reasonably happy with the bag, but (perhaps not surprisingly given the weight) it does feel a little flimsy. There were loose threads inside the bag that made it seem like it might unravel (I carefully tied these and cut them off, but was disappointed to see that in a new bag). This is the third eagle creek bag I've had and both of the other's failed when the top strap broke. This one has a pretty flimsy top strap, so I expect I will probably have a similar problem.
Some other things that could be improved: I would like just a little more organization--like one more little pocket with a velcro flap. I use the one velcro pocket for business cards, meaning I have to put my phone in the other (RFID-blocking) pocket which doesn't have any kind of mechanism for keeping the phone in there. The key hook is inside the one zip pouch. That seems redundant. I'd like a key hook to know where my keys are, but I don't want my keys taking up precious room in the small zip pouch. Also, the key hook itself is very flimsy. I'd prefer a closed hook that I can put a carabiner on. Finally, I'm not sure how useful the compression straps are for a bag that is only 9 inches deep, but they get in the way of opening the bag.
That said, this is a fine bag that gets the job done. It's reasonably comfortable, particularly given how thin the shoulder straps are. It has plenty of space. Even the outermost pocket is as deep as the whole bag, really maximizing storage for something that remains able to fit an airline sizer. Someday I hope to find a perfect bag. This isn't that bag. But I'm sure this one will serve me well for 3-5 years until the top strap tears.
So far I haven't found any cons with this backpack. It has all the convenient features you need for traveling, and it is made with good quality.
My understanding is that eagle creek has combined all the good features and needs of a hiking backpack and a travel backpack. Hiking backpacks are usually very lightweight and comfortable, but are missing some important features. Travel backpacks need some convenient features for air traveling, but are usually heavy. And this is a product of all these good features.
I only wish it can have another smaller version of the backpack for daily use, and this one for traveling.
- Very lightweight: Only 1 lb 13 oz! This is what makes it unique, no other traveler backpack is even close. Other traveler backpacks are usually 3 lb+.
- Stack on wheeled luggage: Best feature for traveler backpack. So you don't need to carry the heavy weight on your shoulder.
- Very spacious: 35L capacity. I find no problem fitting in my winter jacket.
- Convenient organization: Carefully designed pockets in each compartment. Laptop compartment has a 17 inch laptop sleeve and a tablet sleeve. Main compartment has a file pocket. Front compartment has many pockets, some of them are RFID blocking. And it has side pockets for a water bottle or an umbrella.
- Checkpoint friendly: I personally don't find it very useful, but some people may like it.
- Lockable zippers
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Keeps its shape when empty: It can be compressed using the side strap when you don't carry lots of stuff.
Top reviews from other countries
Nach 3 Monaten Benutzung auf Flugreisen und im Alltag, kann ich den Eagle Creek Rucksack trotz anfänglicher Skepsis sehr empfehlen. Sowohl vollgestopft und als 15kg Handgepäck genutzt als auch als daypack mit Laptop und Tagesbedarf ist der Rucksack ein idealer Begleiter.
An das unglaubliche Platzangebot muss ich mich - auch nach der monatelangen Benutzung - noch gewöhnen.
4/5 Sterne, weil der 25-Liter Rucksack zu viele große Fächer, aber zu wenige kleine Aufbewahrungsmöglichkeiten bietet. 5/5 Sternen gäbe es, wenn der Rucksack ein wenig mehr Fächer für den Alltag eines Digital Natives bieten würde.
Ich liebe den Rucksack trotzdem - aber 18 Jahre lang (wie meinen vorherigen Rucksack) werde ich ihn sehr wahrscheinlich nicht benutzen.