Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on June 26, 2011
I bought this Eagle creek luggage for a number of reasons. First, it is relatively light for its size. This is very important to me given the limitations on checked luggage when you travel these days. Secondly, Eagle Creek has a good reputation for durability which is backed up by a no question warranty. I have had more than one piece of luggage destroyed by the airlines. And lastly, it is well made, much of which is from recycled products. The Tarmac 25 is an all around great piece of luggage that has plenty of space for a couple week trip. Could't recommend it more.
on July 4, 2012
This is an excellent bag. Got it at Christmas 2011 while visiting family. Had an old wheeled Samsonite hard side pull behind which must have been 25 years old at least. I loved the way I could fold clothes into it and travel without wrinkles. Finally the airline beat it into submission. Could not find a suitable replacement in that style or size. Saw this on sale at a retail store but the sale price was not for me. Found it through Amazon for nearly $100 less than the sale price. Ordered with Prime, shipped to family address and had it before we flew home. It is a wonderful bag with great options for packing. I had some Eagle Creek flat folding things for shirts and these slip into various pockets around the bag. I like the weight and handle angle. Has good balance. Don't expect 25 years out of it, but expect it will meet my needs for a long period. Color is great for easy ID on the baggage conveyor.
on September 30, 2013
The suitcase is nice and light and it was sturdy too. It rolled well the whole time I was in Europe.

The one issue I have with the suitcase is that it is not square and oddly shaped so that when you prop the case open even against a wall, the lid (top of case) won't stay up on the left side. It tends to fold into the back of the left side of the case. I found it very irritating that the lid would not stand up by itself. Also, when you open the zipped inner top compartment of the suitcase, your belongings would slide out due to the lack of support on the left side. This suitcase was not cheap either. I will probably sell the case and get something that works better for me.
on January 27, 2015
I bought this two years ago and have taken it on many flights and a cruise. It has held up well; does everything as promised. So far, I have NOT had any problems with the zippers or extension handle. Overall, a good, reliable sturdy piece of luggage. I bought it at the same time that I bought the Eagle Creek Tarmac 22 Wheeled Luggage. Both are Cypress Green.
on February 16, 2013
I've been buying my suitcases @ marshalls and tj maxx for several years. And while I've had some sweet looking suitcases, I've also had every handle fall off or stop sliding after just a few trips. This suitcase while not the biggest case, is great. I liked it enough to plan on buying a second one so my husband can finally get his fair share of the luggage.
on June 29, 2012
I purchased this bag to replace a kevlar, 26" bag from Eddie Bauer that was finally showing its age. I got an excellent price on Amazon for this bag (under $200). I recently took it on a 4 week trip to China, and it came home looking like new. It's easy to pack (I didn't buy any of the special packing supplies), and the unpacked weight is great. I also have a smaller version of the bag that I purchased from another on-line site, and I am very pleased with that bag too. I highly recommend this bag.
on March 18, 2012
You know there are so many cheap wheeled luggage products out there. I saw this one in person and noticed all the quality details; very smooth rolling wheels, sturdy telescoping handle, fine finishes on the bag, smooth zippers. It does not disappoint. In fact, I think I am going to go back for another one.

The chili color is fun and not too many people have it coming off the conveyor belt!
on August 8, 2012
I travel a lot, and bought a set of the tarmac line in the 2009/2010 time frame and love them. I was looking to pick up a 25 inch tarmac because the 28 in is a bit larger than I want these days. However, that version is no longer available. This version is junk. I do not like the new design: one, it has lost the unique look that makes it easy to spot in baggage claim, and two, I liked and used the roomy capartments in the lid of the older model...the current paper thin comapartments are useless and unusable to me since I am not packing sheets of paper. But I dutifully packed my new suitcase for my next trip, then tried to pull up the handle to wheel it to the car. No joy. The button on the handle is only dis-engaging one of the spring loaded pegs that holds the handle in place in transit. To have it arrive already broken is a deal breaker. No more Eagle Creek for me. I will make do with the 28 inch I have until I wear it out. It's a shame, because they had a good product a couple years ago. I hate it when companies ruin a perfectly good product for no good reason. Maybe I can find what I'm looking for used on eBay.
on April 23, 2012
My husband and I were very pleased with our new Tarmac 25s on our recent trip to Europe. Lightweight, large capacity, stable when sitting upright, rolled easily even with carry ons attached, survived two airlines and three planes each way with no problems. Definitely worth the price we paid!
on November 26, 2012
Overall a very good suitcase. Seems to be well made, rolls easily, and held up well on the one trip we took it on so far. We will consider buying one again when we need another suitcase. We were going to buy another one now but the price just went up $30, (just in time for the holidays?), so .... maybe later, maybe not.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.