Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 171 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on June 2, 2016
I would advise all animal and nature lovers to read this book. Once I began reading about Jeff and Freedom ,it was impossible to put this book down. Truly a inspired story of the deep connection we all share with our animal friends, when the author tells of the loving ,healing connection he finds with the regal bird named Freedom it brought me to tears.
Jeff tells his story with great sincerity , it was very inspiring to read how the love of Freedom gave him the strength and courage during his battle with cancer. Also of the work at the nature reserve. We often take for granted the work down by unsung volunteers at various shelters throughout the nation.
Thank you to all who brought this story to life ,it was wonderful and inspiring to read
on November 25, 2015
This book found me through bookbub when I was down hard with a tummy bug. I read it as I recovered. the author, Jeff captured my attention and held it (not an easy thing to do! If you do not capture my attention with the first paragraph, Unless it a
Is an academic requirement, I rarely plow through the book,) I laughed and I cried. I am going to buy this for all my grandchildren and ask them to please read it as a favor to their old Nana.
Jeff weaves words like an artist weaves paint as he paints the scenes. I can almost smell the fry bread and hear the drums.
Thank you Jeff for writing and introducing me to Freedom
Bravo Zulu ...well done!!!!
on May 16, 2017
This book was very different in how it kept the reader involved. I read the book in 3 sittings. Each time I only wanted to read a bit to keep the momentum going. But, I would get involved and keep going.

I particularly enjoyed how the facts were blended into the story line to learned academic information along with getting the story. I highly recommend this book and feel certain you will not be sorry you started reading.
on December 5, 2015
This book confirms that in general there is a lot more to animals than previously thought. In this case the strong bond formed between the eagle who at first really needed his care and love and the author, Jeff Guidry. The eagle in turn helps him get through a very difficult time in his life when he has to fight cancer. He volunteered for a rescue mission and there are tales of other wounded creatures being rescued and often returned back to the wild when they have recovered. The eagle could never be returned to the wild because his wings had been broken badly so he never was able to fly and almost risked being euthanized. If you love animals, you will love this book.
on May 22, 2016
An amazing story - even more so because it's a TRUE story. The book contains the spectrum of emotions - between very tragic and sad, to very uplifting and joyous.

Jeff's (and his colleague's) DEDICATION to doing good for ALL the animals at the wildlife center is total. But the bond that developed between Jeff and Freedom is just ..... WOW. During the life-or-death challenges both Freedom and Jeff went through, they helped each other - so heart-warming and REMARKABLE.
on June 3, 2017
Beautiful story. I was intrigued and hooked just reading the preface, and I wasn't disappointed.
on February 24, 2016
Bought for my mom as a christmas gift and she is very excited to read...I read a few pages before I gave it to her, and I think it will be a great story. I've already asked to borrow it once she is done.
on November 23, 2015
This is a true story about the author. When Jeff started volunteering at a rehab center for wildlife he begins taking care of an American Bald Eagle. The eagle had both wings severely broken and even with surgery was not able to fly. The eagle named Freedom became bonded with Jeff who took her different places to educate the public about eagles. Then Jeff finds out he has cancer. This is a truly inspiring story of a special bond between Freedom and Jeff and how they both learn to overcome what life has thrown their way.
on September 4, 2010
There is something so hauntingly beautiful, so important about Jeff and his relationship with the eagle Freedom, whose life he saved, that the single email he sent out telling his story to a friend was forwarded to others who were in turn deeply touched, and the story eventually spread to many thousands of people. I remember several years ago seeing a TV show featuring Freedom and Jeff that told how she enclosed him in her wings, giving him an "eagle hug" after he had beaten cancer (Jeff says Freedom came to him in his dreams and helped him fight the cancer). I never forgot it.
Over the years, many people, knowing that I have a 14 year relationship of my own with a wild red tail hawk, have sent me the email telling the story of Jeff and Freedom. When I learned that Jeff had at last come out with a book detailing his life-affirming friendship with Freedom, I immediately bought it and was not disappointed.
I don't doubt that Jeff's dreams of Freedom were "real" in a healing sense. One of my friends who was battling a deadly form of bone cancer, who had never heard of Jeff or Freedom, told me that his bi-weekly stays at the hospital for chemotherapy were made bearable by his "three angels", a trio of red tailed hawks that seemed to wait for him outside his hospital room window during each visit.
We have lost our relationship with the "wild ones", the animals who share our planet with us, and something in us longs to rediscover that bond. The massive response to the tale of Freedom and Jeff is a testament to our need for reconnecting to the Others. Jeff's story is a shining example of how friendship with a wild creature can literally save your life. If you want to feel the wonder of love, and discover the true importance of the beautiful "wild ones" can who touch our lives if make room for them, please read this book.
on February 14, 2017
I had the pleasure of meeting this man when I lived in Washington. He is a wonderful person. I love the book and it is an inspiring story of a man and a bird and their bond. If you love nature and you believe in the healing spirit of nature, then you will love this story of the bond between this bird and this man. They both had major health issues and helped each other in a amazing way.