Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 30, 2007
You're probably already an Eagles fan if you're reading this. This review is about the construction of this boxed set edition, not the music. If amazon allowed half stars I'd give it a 3.5.

It's a good looking collection, with each CD sleeve duplicating the original vinyl album in great detail. The gatefold album covers are well made, but the inner and outer sleeves of the other discs are far too fragile. I'm sure they will start tearing, even though I take immaculate care of my music collection. Also, the textured white cover of _On the Border_ sits in between the dark _Desperado_ and textured dark _One of These Nights_, and the covers are rubbing off on each other.

The other drawback is that the text is mostly illegible because of the small size and the variety of fonts. But that's always an issue with these "vinyl replica" type CD sleeves.

I had put off buying the Eagles on CD for a long time, so since I found this set at a good price I'm glad I finally have it. Just be aware that you'll need to be very careful with it.

(For quality comparison, the Doors box set from 1999 and Queen's The Crown Jewels box set have very nice, well made miniature album sleeves.)
on June 4, 2010
Being a BIG Eagles fan, I just had to buy this set. I think it has all their music. If you're an Eagles fan, or know anyone who is, there's not much I can say. It would also make an excellent gift!
HALL OF FAMEon March 15, 2005
This is a 9-CD limited edition (only 20,000 copies) of The Eagles' entire Asylum recordings from 1972's self-titled debut through 1980's EAGLES LIVE (on 2CDs) plus a bonus CD containing their 1978 holiday single "Please Come Home for Christmas" and "Funky New Year." [Because this box set only covers the Asylum years, it does not include the 1994 Geffen album HELL FREEZES OVER or their 2003 single "Hole in the World."]

The CDs are housed in replicas of the original vinyl albums and include the original artwork. Serious Eagles fans will eagerly make the purchase, but casual fans will be content with 2003's 2-disc THE VERY BEST OF. After all, there is no bonus material here--even though none of these CDs are longer than 45 minutes (and the CD single is barely 7 minutes!).

There's no denying, however, the group's popularity. They have sold more than 83 million albums. [GREATEST HITS alone has sold more than 27 million!] Only the Beatles and Led Zeppelin have sold more records. Throughout the seventies, Don Henley and Glenn Frey were the Lennon and McCartney of the era, penning virtually all of their hits, including classics like "Best of My Love," "One of These Nights," "Lyin' Eyes," "Take It to the Limit" (with Randy Meisner) and "Hotel California" (with Don Felder).

This box set is a little pricey, but the music it contains is priceless. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
77 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This limited edition box set is a must have for any Eagles fanatic. There's nothing new here musically in the way of outtakes or remastering, but the presentation is amazing. Rhino has recreated the artwork for all the band's original 70's albums (and 1980's Live release) down to the smallest detail. From poster inserts to dust sleeves, each cd is meticulously crafted to mirror its record counterpart. Even the feel of the cd case are authentic from the unusual texture of On The Border to the raised artwork or One Of These Nights. This set is pricey, so casual fans will not be interested. As is the norm, Rhino Records has risen to the occasion with another superb reissue that is well worth the price tag.
on October 26, 2013
When my daughter said all she wanted for Christmas was the book of Eagles recordings. I went to Amazon to find it for her. This was all she wanted and I didn't want to disappoint her. This is her main Christmas gift and I can't wait to hear this wonderful music after she opens it.
on November 17, 2011
If you like the Eagles this is a nice addition for original recordings with a few extra cd's in the set.
on June 25, 2016
Great box set. Excellent sound
on May 6, 2013
If you're an Eagles fan, this is a must have. I absolutely love the album packaging, and the sound is terrific. Well done!
on January 5, 2011
I got this for a present for a friend who is a huge Eagles fan. The original art, the multitude of CDs, and the limited edition made it perfect for him.
on February 6, 2011
I have had my eye on this box set for a while.
During this time, I have read numerous reviews which have been mixed.
Having been an Eagles fan for 35 years, I decided that how could I go wrong with this purchase, and so I bought it.

To say that I was impressed would be an understatement!
Any Eagles fans, younger or older would have to consider this boxed set an absolute MUST HAVE.
I LOVE IT!