Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,440 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,695 reviews
on September 15, 2015
The only way I feel this could have been a better 2 disc collection is if they could have added the songs" In a New York Minute" & "The Disco Strangler" to it. When trying to compile a greatest hits of a band the quality of "The Eagles" it becomes a very difficult task. This is more true with trying to satisfy fans because music is so subjective, like all forms of art selecting songs for inclusion is always subject to the individual listener. One song may have had much better commercial success where another song may be more endearing for a individual based on what was happening in that persons life when remembering the song. When I compare this collection of "Greatest hits" to those that came before, I feel it is the best offering available on the market. This should more than satisfy the casual Eagles fan & if this collection isn't enough then you are most likely a hard core Eagles fan & should just purchase their entire collection of albums. "The Eagles" were a super Group meaning the members all came from bands that had prior success like Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young so its not surprising that their song catalogue is so strong. If your a lover of classic rock this is a must have for your C.D. library.
on May 5, 2012
"The Very Best Of" by The Eagles is a well-assembled two cd set of daring classic rock songs. The following is an excellent sampler of their musical hits:
"Hotel California"
"Get Over It"
"The Best Of My Love"
"Life In The Fast Lane"
"The Long Run"
"Love Will Keep Us Alive"
There are many more classics in this collection, and I would have to say that "Get Over It" was one of my favorites. I am aware that the band may have a different meaning for "Get Over It." It is just that I like "Get Over It" because it serves as a musical reminder for me to turn obstacles into learning opportunities when things may go differently from what I originally planned. "The Very Best Of" by The Eagles is great for those who like classic rock music and/or at least seven songs by The Eagles
on August 16, 2014
You're listening and really enjoying this two-disc extravaganza, and after an hour, you notice that big hits still just keep coming... the sing-along-with-it, know-the-words kind of major hits. That's pretty impressive. Nothing seems to have been held back so as to necessitate another purchase in order to have all the hits. Wish all 'Best Of' compilations would do this well. For instance, check out the Bad Company collections and how many and which ones you'd have to buy to get all their best; it's either a headache or a pain in the other end just to figure out. I'll buy one if and when they get it right; the Eagles got my money instead. It was well spent, too.

Between "Hell Freezes Over" on DVD, and this CD, I've got all the Eagles I want. (Long Road To Eden came with Freezes DVD.)
on February 14, 2016
It's all here! The Eagles were a favorite of mine from when I was growing up in the 70's. This two CD set has everything you'd ever want to hear from them. This is one of those CDs that you put in the player and listen to on road trips. You'll probably know every single word, riff and beat on every song like I did. This is definitely a must have for Eagles fans and anyone else looking for all their good stuff together.
on May 28, 2015
It really is the very best, for the most part, but all true Eagles fanatics have their favorites. Mine have always been the early stuff, particularly Glenn Frey's leads and the songs that feature Randy Meisner's incredible backing vocals. Randy's lead contributions are solid as a rock as well, but the blend of his voice with Frey's or Henley's is what defines the inimitable sound of the Eagles-the sound of an era. Lyin' Eyes, Tequila Sunrise, One of These Nights, and many others demonstrate the Meisner effect, best enjoyed via a good set of ear buds/head phones.
Glenn Frey made very few mistakes in controlling the band's direction (well, two notable exceptions were using Walsh as anything other than an addition to the live shows and allowing Don Felder an equal share in Eagles ltd.) Bernie Leadon basically fired himself, but the big one was not allowing Randy to come back.
Timothy Schmidt has a pleasant enough voice, but it has absolutely none of the character of Meisner's. Glenn Frey made one huge mistake. It totally changed the sound, and not for the better. Glenn, being the consummate arranger and the one who developed the original "sound" had to realize this. Perhaps pride stood in his way.

With a cd, through, the problem is easily solved. I just skip over the two TS songs and it is all good. I'm back in high school and my boys are still the hottest guys around.
on July 1, 2013
I haven't been motivated to purchase a CD in about a decade...until I saw `History of the Eagles', their new documentary on Showtime and the sexiest film I've ever seen ~ 16 times and counting. In 1972 I was 6 years old in San Diego and remember Eagles hit after hit as they came out. Their songs are embedded in me so to hear them on `The Very Best of the Eagles' 2-CD package is even more significant to me.

After soaking up the captivating explanations behind how many of their hits were written, both in the doc and in the gorgeous 24-page booklet that comes with the `The Very Best of the Eagles' CD set, I am provided with a much deeper understanding of their songs. The CD is a near perfect complement to the film. It almost serves as the commemorative soundtrack and virtually follows it in a number of ways. Many of the rare photos featured in the film are also included in the booklet along with even more interesting facts not mentioned in the doc, told by the founding members of the band through Cameron Crowe (man, Henley's explanation in the booklet regarding "Those Shoes" sure sums up my life thus far...) The two pull each other gloriously together and my guess is every fan will dig the CD set of this band that is in a class all its own.

I actually prefer Glenn Frey's gorgeous voice the most. "Seven Bridges Road"' is absolutely phenomenal on the CD (the song also opens the film ~ oh to stand in that circle with them would be a dream). "Lyin' Eyes" and "Desperado" have whole new meanings for me after seeing the doc. The only track I feel is missing from `The Very Best of the Eagles' is Henley's "New York Minute" which is epically showcased in `History of the Eagles' appropriately at Giants Stadium. (Why isn't this pure American band playing halftime at the Super Bowl?)

I have discussed the Eagles with my friend Donald (aka Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult) and we both see distinctive similarities with them and BOC, especially with "Hotel California" (btw: Buck's take on why he entered the music business is coincidentally the same as Henley's). I know a girl that Henley took care of and treated well while he and Glenn were writing "Life in the Fast Lane", etc. (not sure if I should reveal her name) so after seeing him in the doc, the track on the CD made everything she told me make perfect sense.

Special Kudos to Amazon for getting the CDs in my hands so fast (less than a 24-hour turnaround!)

Denise Ames
Writer, TV Host, Celeb Interviewer
Los Angeles
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 11, 2013
This is one of the best greatest hits albums and certainly the best compilation of Eagles hits. The first disk alone provides over one hour of playing time, going from Take It Easy to Hotel California. Nothing more has to be said. The collection is well worth getting.

As an added note, a few summers ago, I was in Flagstaff, Arizona, with a friend who had hitchhiked through Winslow in the seventies. Winslow is about forty-five minutes east of Flagstaff. We had to go. What we found was an amazing surprise. The people of Winslow have built a monument to the Eagles and Take It Easy in the middle of town. It was just wonderful. If you cannot make it to Winslow, they have a web site. "Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and such a fine sight to see, ..."
on March 24, 2017
Its the Eagles and I had repurchased all of the Original Albums because I completely wore out my first set. These were really priced well and just love the Eagles.
on May 13, 2017
Can't imagine a better set without just including every song they ever made (which ain't too many at just 7 albums). The 90s tracks aren't quite as fun as the 70s stuff. Some tracks are so overplayed but there's enough here to keep one's interest.
on June 22, 2016
Updated:
Fidelity of CD's tracks vary from very good to excellent. But, music is missing deep bass, dynamics, immediacy and realism. And, whole of material a tad bloated with filler but there's enough of timeless, classic songs to hold one's rapt attention.
---
Delighted item arrived two days early (via AmazonPrime)!