Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Eagles : The Very Best Of (2CD)
Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon February 13, 2016
This is a two-disc compilation of the Eagles' greatest hits, and they're all here, from One of These Nights to Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane and all the rest. I wasn't familiar with a few of the songs, but they're all good. Like many others, I was moved to buy an Eagles CD after the recent death of Glenn Frey. A big bonus in this set is a booklet of interviews with the band explaining the genesis of each of the songs.

All in all, this is a great set that's sure to bring back lots of memories. I still remember where I was living and working when I first became aware of the band with One of These Nights. They've been part of the soundtrack of my life for many years.
on February 15, 2018
Well-chosen and extensive selection of Eagles songs. Sound is excellent but packaging seems a bit cheap - pretty common nowadays. Compared to other artists in this genre/era, I find the Eagles primary vocalist to be somewhat wanting - not as good as his players, in my view. I think I prefer lower voiced vocalists. Just the same, these are some great songs.
on July 1, 2013
I haven't been motivated to purchase a CD in about a decade...until I saw `History of the Eagles', their new documentary on Showtime and the sexiest film I've ever seen ~ 16 times and counting. In 1972 I was 6 years old in San Diego and remember Eagles hit after hit as they came out. Their songs are embedded in me so to hear them on `The Very Best of the Eagles' 2-CD package is even more significant to me.

After soaking up the captivating explanations behind how many of their hits were written, both in the doc and in the gorgeous 24-page booklet that comes with the `The Very Best of the Eagles' CD set, I am provided with a much deeper understanding of their songs. The CD is a near perfect complement to the film. It almost serves as the commemorative soundtrack and virtually follows it in a number of ways. Many of the rare photos featured in the film are also included in the booklet along with even more interesting facts not mentioned in the doc, told by the founding members of the band through Cameron Crowe (man, Henley's explanation in the booklet regarding "Those Shoes" sure sums up my life thus far...) The two pull each other gloriously together and my guess is every fan will dig the CD set of this band that is in a class all its own.

I actually prefer Glenn Frey's gorgeous voice the most. "Seven Bridges Road"' is absolutely phenomenal on the CD (the song also opens the film ~ oh to stand in that circle with them would be a dream). "Lyin' Eyes" and "Desperado" have whole new meanings for me after seeing the doc. The only track I feel is missing from `The Very Best of the Eagles' is Henley's "New York Minute" which is epically showcased in `History of the Eagles' appropriately at Giants Stadium. (Why isn't this pure American band playing halftime at the Super Bowl?)

I have discussed the Eagles with my friend Donald (aka Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult) and we both see distinctive similarities with them and BOC, especially with "Hotel California" (btw: Buck's take on why he entered the music business is coincidentally the same as Henley's). I know a girl that Henley took care of and treated well while he and Glenn were writing "Life in the Fast Lane", etc. (not sure if I should reveal her name) so after seeing him in the doc, the track on the CD made everything she told me make perfect sense.

Special Kudos to Amazon for getting the CDs in my hands so fast (less than a 24-hour turnaround!)

Denise Ames
Writer, TV Host, Celeb Interviewer
Los Angeles
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 11, 2013
This is one of the best greatest hits albums and certainly the best compilation of Eagles hits. The first disk alone provides over one hour of playing time, going from Take It Easy to Hotel California. Nothing more has to be said. The collection is well worth getting.

As an added note, a few summers ago, I was in Flagstaff, Arizona, with a friend who had hitchhiked through Winslow in the seventies. Winslow is about forty-five minutes east of Flagstaff. We had to go. What we found was an amazing surprise. The people of Winslow have built a monument to the Eagles and Take It Easy in the middle of town. It was just wonderful. If you cannot make it to Winslow, they have a web site. "Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and such a fine sight to see, ..."
on May 13, 2017
Can't imagine a better set without just including every song they ever made (which ain't too many at just 7 albums). The 90s tracks aren't quite as fun as the 70s stuff. Some tracks are so overplayed but there's enough here to keep one's interest.
on January 18, 2014
So many choices; if you do not like one song, move on to the next. A group that pumped out one after another hits over a period of years that were so varied that almost anyone ought to be able to find some they like, if not love. This historic compilation of what used to have to be two purchases, Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and Vol 2, makes it a bargain in its own right. Add to that the fact that it comes with a booklet containing interviews with the two song-writing forces behind the group and a history of the various incarnations, or memberships, of the group. I never cared for all their music, but it is something just to have one piece that is renowned and this band has many.
on June 30, 2017
Over compressed garbage like most cd's now a days, waste of 10$
on February 16, 2018
Very best of the eagles is a great Cd really like it a lot fantastic no problems Thank you so much had a great experience hope to do business with you again soon thanks
on February 1, 2016
I already have Eagles Live, The Eagles first Greatest Hits, Hell Freezes Over, but I felt I needed this album as well. I am a huge Eagles fan and have been for a long time, but I didn't have this album until now.
review image
on May 8, 2017
My wife & I have admired the Eagles for a long time - we just never purchased a CD. There are lots of nice surprises in this package. If you are a fan, you'll be well pleased.