Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman - Eames Chair Reproduction
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extremely comfortable chair
- The seat, backrest shells and armrests are joined using aluminum
- Plywood frame; leather upholstery; foam padding; die-cast steel braces and stainless steel glides
- ****ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. ITEM SHIPS IN TWO BOXES.****
- 100% Premium top grain leather and 7-ply laminated veneer
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Dimensions: Width: 33" x Length: 33" x Height: 34" Shipping Dimensions 25x25x20 The Lounge Chair and Ottoman set is widely considered one of the most significant designs of the 20th century. It was designed to create a club chair using the molded plywood technology that they pioneered in the '40s. "the vision was a chair with the "warm, receptive look of a well-used first baseman's mitt." The result has become the consummate lounge set, timelessly blending old-fashioned comfort and visionary modernism. Pairing soft, inviting leather with the sleek form of molded plywood, the seat is balanced on a five-star, die-cast steel base. This authentic-quality reproduction is virtually identical to the original lounge chair. The Modern Classic Plywood Lounge Chair & Ottoman is a high quality reproduction of Charles & Ray Eames iconic lounge chair design. Dimensions: Chair Dimensions: H: 33" . D: 36" . W: 34" . Seat height: 15" . Arm height: 20.5" Ottoman: H: 16.5" . D: 21" . W: 26.5"
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I purchased an eames lounge chair about 1 year ago and as soon as i received it i noticed a big discolored circle on the top back rest wood area. it stands out pretty bad. i immediately contacted their imaginary customer service and they assured me i would receive a replacement in 4-6 weeks. well its been a year and they don't even respond to my emails. i asked for the original customer service lady that was helping me and they told me she didn't work there anymore. i spoke to another "customer service" person by the name of john colt and he said my replacement never came from china so i would have to wait another 4-6 weeks. called back after 2 months of not hearing from anyone and what do you know, he doesn't work there anymore either! then i speak to another employee named ronnie i believe. he tells me nothing came in for me so he would have to order another replacement and also guaranteed me a phone call on monday to confirm everything. well what do you know, no one called me! i call back and they say he doesn't work there anymore either! this place is a damn joke. my 5 year old is more capable of hiring quality employees. the turn over rate here is worse then a used car dealership. so last week i call again and this girl answers and says she's gonna make sure "customer service" takes care of this problem. i spend about 20 minutes on the phone with her explaining everything. she says, "i will call you on monday with an update, please tell me your phone number". i say "are you sure you're gonna call me?" she says yes guaranteed. Well I'm writing this review on wednesday morning and i still haven't heard back from her. also, no one has even responded to my email.
learn from my mistake and buy from someone else. you might get lucky here but why take a chance. if you get something defective or with issues, they will not honor their word and just give you the, "we have to order it from china and it takes 4-6 weeks for our containers to come in" spiel. then they won't call you and next thing you know its been a year and they have a completely new staff that isn't capable of much.
"everything" they sell is made and direct from china. most other websites selling these pieces of furniture get it from the same place! the eames chair sounds like its gonna crack when you lean back. absolutely no tilt or give whatsoever. its like a metal chair. the wood veneer on the ottoman is chipping on corners. its literally falling off. the rim of the wood veneer that goes around the leather on the chair and ottoman is discolored and not in a natural way. it looks like crap! this is more like a $300 chair including shipping at best! my advice is save your money and buy the real deal or buy a replica for under $500 so that way you could just throw it away after a few years if it starts falling apart like this one.
* Today is Feb 4th 2015. I will be updating my review on any progress or lack there of. I just sent them multiple emails.
* Feb 8th 2015 update - still no call back or email response from manhattan home design. i have sent them about 15 emails since my feb 5th review and nothing yet, no response at all. i called on friday (feb 6th) and spoke to a sales girl that said her name was jeonne or something with a j. i asked why she didn't call me back on monday as she guaranteed me and she said she "couldn't find my order #". i said "oh really and you couldn't call me back cause of that? didn't i give you my cell number 3 times?" she had nothing to say in response. completely silence. i asked what its gonna take to get a manager to call me back? she said she would "email the customer service department for me" because apparently they are in another location according to her. i asked if she could just give me the direct number to customer service and she said "there is no number". i have to email them. i said "i've been emailing them for 1 year now! 15 emails in the last month! how much more should i email them?? she stood in silence again.
This place is about as bad as it gets! Don't make the same mistake I made.
I am moving next month, 2 years after receiving the chair. I am planning on donating it to salvation army.
Every reviewer (save for one) has only reviewed this chair, and some form of dietary supplement. Coincidence?
This chair may in fact be a high quality reproduction, but the amount of review spam seen here should make the buyer beware.
Seriously, dude? The Bauhaus existed from 1919 to 1933. You're several decades off. Can't imagine how reliable the rest of your product description is. Caveat emptor, for sure.