Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on May 31, 2017
In the first place, this 2nd English Edition is not spiral bound and may not be too convenient to some. OK to me though as a casual user.

Yes I find this book full of info that sometimes seems uncoordinated, but further reading has proved I was wrong. My main reason for buying this book is to get the nitty gritty on Gold and Silver Points. At first to my dismay I noted that only the Functional Points chapter entries contain text referring to Gold and Silver Points, but later I found that in fact almost every illustration ever put down in the book contains this invaluable info as predicated on the Explanation of Symbols right BEFORE the Introduction. What a treasure trove is now open to me! This might well be the only work of its kind in print. I would give 10 stars for this alone! There are exceptions of course in which this info is missing, especially where a relatively large tranche of the ear topography is involved.

Some of the effects of treatment I have tried are almost instantaneous. For instance, I was able to relieve my Sjögren's syndrome with the Facial Nerve Point (using Pointoselect Digital DT, and also Nd magnets), and my palpitations with the Cardiac Plexus Point. (Could also be due to a healthy dosage of Mg and more diligent qigong exercises.) Will certainly explore and experiment with other Points of interest to me.

This book is grouped into chapters a la but not identical to, the style of the Nogier Frequencies, as seen in the preview pages on this web site with minor differences in the printed version. This is followed by an Appendix of a glossary of Ear Topography, and ending with an index on Projection Zones, Points, and Meridians on the Ear, and yet another index on the Indications. Which could be confusing for first time/cursory readers. Adding sub-chapter headings right on top of the right-hand pages might not add clarity and easy access at first glance but actually helps to locate materials once you are getting used to it. There are copious cross references throughout the text (with exact page nos.) to make it less of a hard nut to crack. Yes, you still have to overcome the clinical and anatomical terms densely mottled throughout the book. This is a book that grows with your grasp of the techniques of auricular acupuncture in all respects.

This publication is called an atlas, but does much more than that. And it has to be approached as such randomly rather than sequentially. Although you still can follow the broad chapter grouping as explained above. And every time I delve into its pages, I find new inspirations to apply to my own DIY needleless ear "acupuncture" techniques and to complement my understanding of the Chinese school as manifested by Dr Li-Chun Huang (available on YouTube) and Ping Chen's Modern Chinese Ear Acupuncture, inter alia. Needless to say, this is a must-have companion to the Pointoselect Digital DT and similar machines, although with the latter, locating Gold and Silver Points can be automatic.

There are other modalities individually or in concert to obtain almost any desired healing effect, not excluding conventional medicine, especially in emergencies. The above are from my own experience as a lay person and your mileage may differ. Usual disclaimers apply. And don't do too much "analysis into paralysis", which I admittedly often do--grab a copy (if you are lucky) before it is gone. (Not related to Amazon.)
on March 27, 2010
This pocket atlas is well organized and I have found it very useful. It has an entirely different style than my two favorities:( Microsystems Acupuncture: The Complete Guide: Ear - Scalp - Mouth - Hand and Auriculotherapy Manual: Chinese and Western Systems of Ear Acupuncture ), but it offers intriguing additional techniques once one is ready to delve more deeply into auricular therapy as its own subdiscipline within the greater domain of acupuncture.

It would not have worked well for me as an introductory resource. Once I've had a growing sense of the landscape for auricular therapy in general, then I find there is some additional detail that has been unavailable or more obscure in my other sources. What stood out for me were the uncluttered drawings focusing on just a few inter-related points at a time, the greater detail about Nogier's later ideas, and the specifics of using gold versus silver needles.

Well worth the investment. It's size fills a very practical nitch. The most common books in this field are too big to carry around easily.
on December 14, 2013
Tons of great information for a pocket atlas. However, I will also need some of the original works that this atlas was created from in order to make best use of it. From what I understand, if you are looking to get into extrmeley effective auricular acupuncture the works of both Nogier and Strittmatter are some of the most scientific, progressive, and experiential information to date. I've had some excellent results and I'm just novice, at the tip of the iceberg with understanding and applying the material.
on January 19, 2015
couldn't ask for better. precision placement, concise but clear explanations, excellent protocol (needleing formulas) sugestions, easy to find everything, great clarity in drawings, high quality paper and binding. proffessionalism at it's best. and arrived before schedule! Thank you Dr. Strittmatter, thank you Thieme, thank you Amazon for great service
on May 6, 2016
Great precise information in an uncumbersome book. I love that it is a pocket size vs a big hug heavy textbook. Great information packed between the covers!!
on August 22, 2016
A very nice book, clear and real. I am afraid I lost my book. I have the ebook and the paper.
on October 31, 2015
Nice
on June 4, 2011
This is a wonderful textbook for all doctors interested in the auricular medicine. It's precise, well documented, well designed and scientific.
I recommend this book as a practice guide and for consultation in the every day medical activities.
Juan Gonzalo Soto Vélez. M.D
on July 9, 2013
The information is very useful and accurate. It's hard to get specific information on this topic and here it is medical based