$13.95 - $34.95
Free Return on some sizes and colors
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Slip-on bandless Ear Mitts fit comfortably and securely while preserving your hairstyle. Can be worn under any headgear and over earbuds!
- Three layers of soft thermal fleece and 100 gram 3M Thinsulate Insulation will keep your ears toasty and warm
- Durable patented frame made from polypropylene that adjusts to your ears for the perfect fit
- Anti-pill fleece is protected with Teflon fabric protector for use in all weather, wet or dry
- Small and lightweight for easy storage. Wear under your hat or hood and easily store in your pocket or purse!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Ear Mitts are designed to fit securely on your ears, keeping them protected from the wind and cold. Three layers - soft and durable lightweight anti-pill fleece, 100 gram Thinsulate Insulation from 3M, and a fleece inner lining – keep warmth in and the wind and cold air out. A patented flexible polypropylene frame adjusts to your ears and becomes more comfortable the more you wear them. A stylish alternative to traditional scarves and band ear muffs, Ear Mitts provide warmth and comfort without interfering with your hairstyle! They also fit comfortably under helmets, caps, stocking hats, hard hats – any headgear! Comes in two sizes- Regular and Small. The design also permits unrestricted hearing during use. Compact enough to fit in a pocket, fanny pack, or hand bag. For care, hand-wash and dry flat, no bleach, no iron. Available in fleece, denim, faux fur, faux leather, faux suede, velvet, sparkle, and embellished with Swarovski Crystals – See our other products on Amazon!
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B076VXNH84
- Date first listed on Amazon: November 18, 2016
- Average Customer Review:
Showing 1-6 of 666 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have very sensitive ears and when they get cold or lots of wind blows on/in them, I am not a happy camper. I get really bad headaches as a result. I have always worn beanies (toboggans, hats, whatever you call them where you're from) or the band style ear muffs, but I also have very long, very fine, very straight hair. This is relevant for a lot of reasons. If I start out the day with a beanie or band style head band on, my hair will be flat, dented and very staticky for the rest of the day. Not to mention the forehead lines that take a while to go away sometimes. I HATE that! Winter is the absolute worst time for my hair as it is because it gets so dry. I don't need hats and ear muffs making things worse. My hope was that these things (which are an ingenious invention) would take the edge off of Jack Frost for my poor ears while maintaining my hair style.
Indeed they do! I now own both these and another brand of a similar product (Earbags by Sprigs) and have done a thorough side by side comparison over the last few weeks to determine which are best. While these do work at keeping my ears warm for short stints outdoors and help preserve my hair, they are not my favorite for a few reasons:
1) The price point is something like $6-10 MORE for these than the other brand and I can't find any reason for that in terms of quality, comfort and warmth. Also, the others come with a cute little drawstring pouch to keep them in and these come with nothing.
2) These are larger and bulkier with a harder outer shell (see the side by side pics). The biggest problem is how tall they are. While you have them on, if you so much as tilt your head too much to one side they bump into your neck or shoulder causing them to come lose or pull on your ears. I found this awkward and uncomfortable. You definitely won't forget you have them on.
3) These are not as cute, with fewer style, color and design choices.
4) Probably the most important thing to me is comfort and these pinch/hurt my ears more and more quickly than the other brand. Any product you put on/over or around your ears is going to cause discomfort eventually, but I can't wear these for longer than 20-30 minutes without having to take them off. That isn't the case with the earbags. They are much more comfortable for longer periods. Again, my ears are pretty sensitive so others might have a different experience, but that's me.
I do like that these can be worn under my hair or with my hair behind my ears, that they keep my ears pretty warm for short stints outside in cold weather and really help cut down on wind, and that I can wear them with my sunglasses on. Beyond that however, I have to say that the prize of best over ear warmer goes to the Earbags by Springs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I will probably give these ones to my husband to use or keep them in my car.
All in all they work pretty well but aren't my favorites. Hopefully this helps someone else! I did NOT receive this item free or at a discount.
I would love to hug the inventors and tell them, "Thanks for giving me my walks back!" I'm headed to Europe for 6 months and these are my perfect ear companions. I used to wear the wrap around the back of my neck things that covered my ears, but these are 100 x's better! Not having that thing wrap around the back of my neck is awesome. And the fact I can pop these in my purse, pockets or any little place I need is fantastic.
Let me tell you.... I buy THOUSANDS of dollars of items on Amazon and review about 2% of them due to my hectic schedule. I wore them out tonight on my walk and had to come in and make SURE I wrote this review so that others like me with inner ear pain from the cold would not hesitate to get these and know you will LOVE them!! Just practice putting them on and soon...you'll have it too!
Very thankful to the creator of these!!!
But it wasn't as warm as I wanted it to be. The warmth is comparable to headphones. It didn't fit well with glasses, a bike helmet, and certain hats as well. At the very least, it didn't fall off, but adjusting head pieces, and glasses was difficult. If you don't do any activities that require this like sports, I'd suggest you just get headphones.
Well, I can say for sure that after about a week of using them that I am not going to be switching back to banded ear mitts any time soon!
The ear mitts fit on easily and snap on with little effort. They do a decent job of keeping your ears warm, though after a bit of time you will start to feel a slight chill. The mitts are also a bit prone to becoming uncomfortable after a long periods of time, but honestly, will you really be wearing these for more than 2 and a half hours at a time (I left them on and forgot about them....it wasn't until 2 hours had passed that I started to feel a slight discomfort around my ears...oops).
I gave this 4 stars because of the fact that it is initially strange and slightly uncomfortable at first. You get used to it after a while, but I am unable to shake the initial discomfort.
I quickly almost forget they are on, so they are perfect. I may get them a little thicker next time.