Early Greek Lawgivers 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Solon recognized that citizens individually, of all classes and authority, must develop the same sense of justice and lawfulness - notions of what constitutes justice, just procedures, and the value of living by laws - for a populace to prosper and survive without disruptive social strife.
The hubris of officials destroys justice and creates strife. The ability to initiate legal action to correct wrong doing must be open to everyone, not only the aggrieved. Parties must have rights of appeal. Ending slavery for Greeks (e.g., debt slavery).
(All difficult enough for a city-state. How it is possible for large nations is another complexity. Forced education to instill effective reasoning and ethics being a contradiction.)
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient Civilizations > Greece
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Law > Foreign & International Law
- Books > Law > Legal History
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > European
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Ancient Civilizations > Greece
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Law > Perspectives on Law > Legal History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory