BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on August 17, 2012
This book, along with the "Mirror Mirror" episode of Star Trek and any DC comic involving Earth-2 crossovers, turned me into a parallel worlds junkie. I was reminded of it more recently because Fringe and its "Over There" parallel world is so reminiscent of this book that I have to suspect that one of the writers read it in their youth. I ordered a used copy and was impressed by how well the book held up; of course nostalgia plays a part, but it's a very smartly written young adult book that I would shove at any kid and HAVE coerced a fellow Fringe fan into reading. Wish it were still in print, but glad used copies are still in circulation.
on October 8, 2016
Read this book when I was 8 or 9, 40+ years ago. This book turned me into a lifelong sci-fi and fantasy junkie. I remembered loving this book, so I recently bought the book for my 9 yo daughter, she loves it and is trying to get her teacher to read it to the class. Next, I think I'll get her my other childhood fav, 'The Phantom Tollbooth.'
on March 6, 2013
best book ever....trippy parallel worlds perfect for nerdy kids....maybe age 8+? the mushroom sequel not as entertaining. Perhaps they'll make a film someday
on October 2, 2017
This was the book from my childhood i almost didn't read. Ended up loving it.
on May 14, 2000
Earth Times Two is a parable about a parallel-universe United States. A boy with low-grade telepathy is transported to a different dimension when he meets his mysterious cousin. He discovers a world dominated by telepaths with the technology of the mid-Industrial Revolution. The nominal democracy in the US is a police state; he helps his new friends on the path to freedom while trying to return to our world.
I first read this book when I was in fourth grade; it is appropriate for readers in grades 3-7.
on June 30, 2009
This was the first sci fi book I ever read - and I've been a sci fi reader ever since. I checked it out of the library in sixth grade and read it two or three times. That was 30 years ago. I highly recommend this book!
on February 28, 2010
I read this book when I was very young and have been hooked on Sci-Fi ever since. I found the story to be very creative and unique - terrific!