Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Earthquake MC43 Mini Cultivator Tiller with 43cc 2..." and save 47% off the $229.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Earthquake MC43 Mini Cultivator Tiller with 43cc 2-Cycle Viper Engine, 5 Year Warranty
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Versatile - Weeding, mixing and aerating.
- Convenient - On-board wheels adjust for transport and depth control.
- Control - Overhand control reduces bouncing and jumping allowing you to remove your weeds, not your plants.
- Powerful - Largest, most powerful engine in its class.
- 5 year warranty on tiller and engine.
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Weeding, mixing and aerating.
On-board wheel adjusts for transport and depth control.
Overhand control allows you to remove the weeds, not your plants.
Largest engine in its class.
|On/Off Switch||On Engine||On Handle Bar||On Handle Bar||On Handle Bar|
|Fuel Type||Gasoline/Oil Mix (50:1)||Unleaded, No Mixing||Propane||Gasoline/Oil Mix (50:1)|
|Transmission||Gear Drive||Gear Drive||Gear Drive||Gear Drive|
|Tilling Depth||8 inches||8 inches||8 inches||8 inches|
|Tilling Width||6"Minimum, 10" Max||6" Minimum, 10" Max||6" Minimum, 10" Max||6"Minimum, 10" Max|
|Warranty||5 Year||5 Year||5 Year||5 Year|
Compare with similar items
The Earthquake MC43 Mini Cultivator is a garden superstar when it comes to weeding, working in fertilizer or aerating soil. Its small size and light weight not only make it easy to transport, but it also increases maneuverability through garden rows without damaging your plants. The high-performance 43cc Viper engine delivers the right amount of power to work through all different types of pre-tilled soil.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Overall quality seems good, The tines were not all that sharp when we got it, but with use are getting sharper rather than duller, or so it seems. Maybe they are just getting a polish on them, making them run smoother, but either way, it seems to be working better with use.
A couple things to note:
This has a 2 cycle engine, meaning you have to mix oil with the gas, just like you would a chain saw. On the bright side, you never have to worry about changing oil.
Also, this is a LIGHT tillage tool. Don't expect to be breaking any ground with it. If the ground it hard, you are better off going over it with a bigger tiller, as it just isn't heavy or aggressive enough to do much in hard soil.
The tines are driven by a worm gear, no chain drives here. It appears to have a chainsaw-style clutch on the engine, that connects to the driveshaft for the gearbox. Should be maintenance free as long as it doesn't spring a leak.
It does have a depth stake to control depth of tillage, but I don't use it. If you are going over ground that has been tilled already, it seems easier to control with just the handles.
* The packaging is small.
* EXTREMELY easy to assemble.
* It fired right up my first time using it. I had absolutely no issues with pull starting this tiller and I must have turned it off and on about 5 times.
* It's very powerful for such a little thing. If the ground is a bit hard you just pull the tiller back, let it go forward, pull it back again and it will chew the ground right up.
* Plus it's very light weight!
I have a tonneau cover on my truck, all I needed to do was unscrew the two butterfly nuts on the handle bars and they come right off and I was able to slide it right into my truck bed without removing the cover. I can't tell you how much I like this thing. Now all I need are some cool handle bar streamers I'm set.
Assembled in minutes
Reversing the tiller for more aggressive cutting is super simple and only takes a minute
Started up with a minute (maybe a dozen pulls the first time)
Handle bars could be a few inches longer and perhaps a bit sturdier
Rattles more than it should - not that you'd hear it outside of idle
I think my only complaints would be true of any tiller, so I can't fault it (bucks like a bronco if it hits a root or large rock, very biased to sideways inclines of any degree - hard to control off level)
I bought a 208cc Husqvarna but quickly realized it was far too large and bulky (and biased to inclines) to help me dig my trail down the hillside behind my house, so I bought this much lighter tiller. It has the same issues, but because of its size/weight, it's easier to get it to do its thing - my larger one would have just rolled down the hill and crashed.
As a cultivator, it's not really meant to break virgin ground - especially if hard and rocky, but if not too bad, it will get it done. For ground that has been worked before, this thing does a great job of loosening it up again.
Good value, and an excellent compromise between the more common, wimpier 25cc units and the stronger, but far bulkier 150-210cc units.
Most recent customer reviews
Assembly of product was a breeze.Read more