Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Earthship: How to Build Your Own, Vol. 1 Paperback – September, 1990
Wiley Architecture, Construction, and Design Store
Browse books on standards, planning, project management, and more. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The problem here is, this series of books was written in the early 1990s, making them 20 years old. In those 20 years Michael Reynolds and his crew have done a lot of tinkering and trial and error, managing to improve the system drastically. These leaps forward are not represented in these books. Some of the techniques enshrined within have been discarded completely as their flaws came to light.
I hope they do update in the future. I'll gladly get another set.
For now, the books have solid information, just be sure to do deeper research.
1. NO color pics.
2. NO clear instructions on many of the most important and interesting facets of his holistic design; such as how to go about the nuts and bolts of the plumbing infrastructure to support the whole multi-tiered water system of white water, grey water, black water, etc.
3. not many photographs at all.
4. too much verbose ramblings of his philosophy that did not pertain to building one of his creations.
5. not enough simple and CLEAR instruction on each stage of building.
6. i hesitate to even consider purchasing his other "volumes" since the first one is SSOOOO lacking.
in summation, i am most assuredly disappointed.