Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Earthwise 18-Inch 2.8-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand-held Hedge Trimmer, Model CVPH41018
|Price:||$79.20 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Two tools in one: hedge trimmer and pole hedge trimmer
- 18" blade length ength with 3/4″ maximum cutting width
- 150-degree / 6-position rotating head
- Lightweight fiberglass pole
- Blade cover and aluminum blade support
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Last week I found the Earthwise 2-1 pole trimmer and purchased it. I used it today and it works great! With the "2-1" feature, I first trimmed the lower portion of the entire hedge using the trimmer itself, then attached the "pole" and completed the top portion. The entire trim job took less than two hours...not including the clean-up.
My only negative comment is the specifications/advertisement states it is a 10-12' pole (depending on seller). This is not true! It is actually a little over 6 1/2' long with the pole attached. When I received the trimmer I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't extend to the full length. Upon reading the owners manual I found that the length advertised includes the height of the operator. I mention this so that potential buyers of aware of this misconception.
All-in-all though it's a great product and would recommend it highly.
1. It's heavy. It's 9 pounds according to my Feedback Sports Bike Scale. -**BUT**- it gets worse: the weight is concentrated at the end of the pole, and when fully extended, I'm supporting 16 pounds at the furthest hand position of the grip (that would be the fat foam-padded portion of the pole just to the right of the green collar, as pictured in the Amazon product image) when I'm holding the trimmer straight out sideways. Compare that weight to an 8 pound gallon jug of milk.
-- However -- I don't find myself holding the trimmer steady in this horizontally-oriented position. More often than not, it's oriented upward, where the leverage doesn't have such a great multiplier effect. This means the trimmer's weight reduces down closer to 9 pounds (when it's held vertically), and can be supported by both arms. Nevertheless, my left arm feels it at the end of a session.
2. It's short. Basically, as measured from that outermost grip position, the cutting blades extend from 40 inches to 56 inches as measured from the end of my fist. So basically, if I hold my hand and arm above my head (like Luke Skywalker holding his lightsaber in that classic movie poster), I can reach anything up to 56-inches (or about 4½ feet) above my fist. At 6-feet tall, that means I can hit the tops of hedges in the 12-foot range.
3. The blade is short. Earthwise claims 18 inches. I measure just short of 16.
With all that out on the table, in a nutshell, this thing is just short of great. The price, the reach, the apparent build quality -- they all make for a very capable hedge trimmer.Read more ›
|Length: 2:15 Mins|
It's sharp as well. I had a only 1 year old black and decker 22in electrical hedge trimmer and this cut much better, despite the cutting length not being as long.
Everyone needs to be very weary of 1 issue. When using with the pole feature you basically seperate the handle from the motor and blade and a pole slides into place(the pole is easy to install, operate, and/or adjust - no problems there). My main concern is where the pole fits. The weight on the operator(your) side of the pole that you are holding is very light, where as the bulk of the device(90%) is on the end of the pole. This makes 80% of the weight being held out and made if very tiring and near impossible to hold parallel to the ground and cut something parallel to the ground. I'm 28 and in decent shape and my shoulders and arms were jello trying to cut a tall hedge.
I guess just know, that when extended, neaerly the weight is with the blade, not in your hands.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is exactly what is needed when you have to extend your reach while trimming hedges, but it will wear you out because of the weight at the far end of the trimmer. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Stephen C
The extension allows for the taller work to be done but the weight of the tool makes it very hard to balance without strain.Published 6 days ago by B. Richards
I was very surprised how well this worked. It is very easy to handle, however when extended it can be a little awkward when your trimming above your head. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Works well but gets heavy when stretching over bushes to reach from a ladder has good adjustments though!Published 9 days ago by Kenneth petrie
It is pretty heavy and it doesn't have a switch to lock it on. This makes for some pretty awkward hand positions and tired arms very quickly. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
Works perfectly. Good cutting edge and power.. Allows me to reach areas which were extremely difficult to reach before or even impossible. Read morePublished 13 days ago by David Snyder