- File Size: 615 KB
- Print Length: 300 pages
- Publisher: Lake Union Publishing (September 21, 2010)
- Publication Date: September 21, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003X28734
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,979 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$16.95|
Save $12.96 (76%)
Easily Amused Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 300 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The problem for me was poor plotting. The first third of the book meanders from scene to scene, with no clear sense of the actual story. It's fun at first--the excerpt does leave one wanting more. But after several more pages, I couldn't help but think: "Is there a point to any of this?" We meet Lola (yes, the requisite Barry Manilow reference does happen), who has an interesting sounding job and annoying co-workers, but that part of the story goes nowhere. Then we have her best female friend, Piper, who's annoying Lola with her obsession with her baby boy, but that never really goes anywhere, either. Finally, we have Hubert, her best male friend, who's devastated over being dumped by his hateful sounding girlfriend, Kelly. He's mopey and pathetic in the beginning, and essentially moves in with Lola. From there, the story morphs into a pseudo triangle with Ryan, Lola's mysterious neighbor, on one side, and Hubert, who shifts from heartbreak over Kelly to wanting to marry Lola in a totally unbelievable instant.
In fact, considering where the novel ends up, I don't understand why the author crafted the first part of the story the way she did.Read more ›
The 3 stars go for Lola's neighbors, which are funny, interesting people. Not for Lola who's too self-absorbed to see the nice people around her, her sister who is despicable, Ryan who has no personality past the good looks and Hubert who is mopey and clingy. Grrr, they all drove me crazy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved this story! I couldn't put it down! Enthralling, funny, heartwarming. You'll love it. I highly recommend this onePublished 4 days ago by Janny
I like stories I can relate to, normal people doing normal things. Clean read which is another thing I like!Published 5 days ago by Terri Florence
A thoroughly enjoyable read, although the heroine could have been a little less whiny. Will seek out this author again.Published 7 days ago by Ingrid McGowan
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Domestic Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Single Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sisters
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy