Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 199 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 253 reviews
on March 28, 2016
Three stars because some of our grandkids seemed to get a kick out of these. This email I received from the seller struck me as a perfect way to let other prospective purchasers know what to expect from their Hide Em and Hatch Em Super Grow Eggs:

“We hope you enjoy this product. What makes these grow eggs special? These eggs are designed to crack after 1-2 days, and hatch shortly thereafter, and likewise, grow absolutely huge! In order to give you the best experience possible, we wanted to send you an email to help answer some of the questions customers have had.
1: My eggs arrived cracked
Sadly we have been trying to get Amazon to take better handling of these eggs, but sometimes eggs will get cracked in transit, especially in the extreme cold. WE WANT YOU TO BE SATISFIED and earn your 5 star review. Just email us a picture of the damage and we will send you out a replacement. We hope you do not hold it against us, as we really do feel passionate about keeping you happy
2: My animal has hatched, but he is slippery
Yes, he will be slippery, as the way it grows, a non-toxic binding agent breaks apart in water, causing the animal to grow. Once hatched, change the water, and rinse off your pet. You can put him back in fresh water and watch him grow huge
3: How big will he grow
If you change the water daily or often, the pet should continue to grow for 2-3 weeks.
You will be amazed how large he will grow.
4: Is this the biggest grow egg in the world
?
Right now, as far as we know.”
on April 19, 2017
I was a little hesitant about getting these since a lot of the reviews said they weren't hatching. But if they worked I knew my 3 year old would love them so I got some. And then immediately got an email from the company saying they would replace or refund any defective eggs, even of they were damaged in trasit, also included care instructions for them. The eggs hatched in less than 12 hours, just in time for my son to see them hatch while he was eating breakfast. It's been about 3 days and they have been completely out of there shells for over a day now and still submerged in water and growing. I'm going to transfer them to the bathroom sink tonight since the instructions say you can leave them submerged for up to 3 weeks. Very happy with this product. The only thing I would say though is that they come out a little lumpy and stretched out looking when they are hatching, probably because they are still growing.

Rating update***
They've been out of water for about a week now and they are still slimy and kinda gross. Going to be throwing them away since I don't want to deal with slimy fingers and don't want them hanging out in my bathroom much longer. Overall my son had a great time watching them hatch and grow. Just not a forever toy.
review image review image
on April 16, 2017
I know some people had negative experiences, so I wanted to share a positive one! Got these for my 7 year old. None were "duds," we followed the instructions and they all started to crack within a few hours. She was excited, and loved checking on them. The little animals were visible shortly after that, and they were very cute and slimy, like you'd expect a newly hatched animal to be. They do take a while to grow to their intended size, but she loved checking on them and changing their water. So it depends on the child's personality. My daughter loves taking care of things and doesn't get impatient. My son on the other hand would have lost interest (and he did) within minutes of the eggs just soaking in water. But for us, they were more than I expected given the price and reviews, and my daughter was completely delighted by them!
on March 22, 2016
Well 2 of the 3 eggs arrived already broken and I don't have time to reorder. Bummed :-/
on March 31, 2016
The point of these eggs is that you soak them in water and a animal " hatches out" I ordered them for Easter for my three kids. I received two in tact eggs and one broken one. Still wanting to give them to my kids for Easter I ordered a second package thinking the broken one was a fluke and when I received the second package of them, all three were already broken. Don't buy this product becuase a) it is much poorer quality then you expect for an 8$ price tag and b) they apparently always come broken.
on April 5, 2017
cute idea, thought the grand kids would enjoy them; but, as stated in other reviews one of the eggs was broken when it arrived.
on March 30, 2015
my daughter loves to see eggs hatching. The toys are much cuter when they dry out couple days
on April 19, 2015
My daughter enjoyed seeing the animals grow; however, she couldn't wait the full 2-3 weeks that the instructions suggested. We took them out of the water a little over a week to have them dry out and the animals shrunk. I'm not sure if they are suppose to that or if it happened because we took them out of the water early. Either way, she did enjoy seeing the eggs crack and the animals grow.
Oh, if you going to hide the eggs with plastic eggs make sure you get a hold of the hide em eggs before your child tries to open them. I forgot and my daughter tried to open the eggs. Even though we had two cracked eggs, the animals still grew.
on March 22, 2015
I have gotten my 3 year old daughter these eggs three times already! She loves the egg surprise videos on youtube so I thought these would be a good, cheaper egg surprise for her. She loves them, I think they are a bit strange, you put the egg in water, it cracks open and the animal inside continues to "grow" it soaks up the water and gets bigger and bigger as the days pass. It takes about 3 days to get full size and then it will shrink back down to original size if you put it on a towel, so my daughter had fun watching these eggs for over a week! One egg was cracked already on our third delivery but the animal inside still grew just fine.
on April 6, 2015
Cute product idea and fun for kids. Horrible packaging! Two of the three eggs came broken and my little one didn't even get the chance to surprised about the animal that was going to hatch.