Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 93 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 112 reviews
on April 6, 2016
Overall 3-4 stars: I wouldn't pay the current price of $18, but if you can find them cheaper I think they are a cool, non-sugary surprise for an Easter basket that lasts awhile. I bought these on a lightning deal for Easter. The kids thought they were cool and were excited to wake up every morning to check on the progress of their creatures growth.

Cool Factor: 5 out 5 - not too many toys have had my kids as excited as they were, especially that early in the morning. It was like Christmas every day for a week (for about 10 minutes...)

Product: 5 out of 5. These things grew larger than expected. I was impressed that they kept getting larger day after day. While they do retain a 'squished' look, you can see that they are easily 2-3 times bigger than the egg they hatch from.

Quality: 3 out of 5 - Three of the six eggs were fractured upon arrival. While this didn't affect the actual toy - one of my kids complained that his was broken while his brothers wasn't. Fortunately I don't have 6 kids, so I was able to swap his out for an extra.

Value: 3 out of 5 - At ~$3 each egg, the kids got 1-2 minutes of excitement value each day for almost a week. They retain a soggy texture, even after being out of the water for days - so they can't really play with them.

The images are after 4-5 days in the water, and the kids getting them out repeatedly to compare the size and play with them a bit. I think if you just left them alone the coloring would be a little more crisp
on June 22, 2014
We've had a ton of items that grow bigger when submerged in water before. There's something about these little guys who hatch from an egg that my 5 & 6 yr old go nuts for. I put them in their Easter baskets and they are still playing with them in June!! When they get small, they put them back in the water to grow again. I think they're laced with kid crack...
on April 16, 2017
I'm not very happy with this product. I bought these for my grandsons for there Easter basket. We put them in water and they did not grow very big one of them actually fell apart! I would never recommend these to anyone of my friends. Cheaply made and did not do what it claimed to do.
on May 18, 2014
I was excited about these eggs until they hatched. The directions say to leave them in water for 2-3 days but they had hatched within a few hours of day 1, and by day 3 were so swollen that you couldn't tell what it was anymore. Three of the creatures had to be thrown away because of that. I learned my lesson with the next 3 eggs and as soon as they hatched we took them out of the water.. So of course those did not get very big and as soon as they dried completely they were back to their original size. We were pretty disappointed. Won't buy these again.
on March 27, 2017
Some came already cracked, but that was explained by the seller, they started out in the water a grew slowly and they were transferred to larger containers so they could continue to grow (appox 2 1/2 weeks) they looked ok, the bunny was very cute, the chick was ok, the lion was a little spooky looking, the blue robin just was ok, we did not develop the other 2 eggs, however once we took out the animals out of the water to dry, they started to shrink, it has been over a week since they have been out of the water, they are still not dry and they are now shrinking and look horrible.
on April 17, 2014
What a great product that you can't get anywhere else. We had a Easter Egg Hunt for our playgroup and each kid went home with an Egg to Hatch. The kids were so excited to wake up the next day and check on their eggs! The directions are very simple and we haven't had a dud yet. I ordered three boxes and one had three eggs already cracked from shipment but I didn't have time to return them and they just hatch faster. We started out with a water glass and the pet out grew the space so we had to move up to a bowl. Well worth the price for the fun and magic!
on June 29, 2017
My grandkids all got one of these in their Easter basket. I also bought them at Christmas. They love letting them grow and grow and grow! Yes, 1 or 2 were slightly cracked, no big deal.
on December 27, 2015
2 of the 6 eggs arrived cracked. Even if all eggs arrived intact, still only a 3-star product because the eggs do not "hatch" as well as they could. I previously purchased a similar product where the animal's increase in size caused a slow breaking/hatching of the egg. My kids loved it. These eggs all completely hatched overnight. My kids wondered why these eggs "didn't work right".
on March 4, 2016
My original order was broken and I got a replacement right away! Love it!!!!!!!!
on April 28, 2015
These are really amazing. I can't believe how much they grow!! The longer in the water the bigger they get. Cool
My grandkids love them & can't wait on checking them out daily. So fun to watch their reactions & amazement if they have to miss a day.
Really fun for all 😄