- Hardcover: 296 pages
- Publisher: Praeger (October 21, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0275955664
- ISBN-13: 978-0275955663
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#9,114,793 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #5937 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > Russian & Former Soviet Union
- #7503 in Books > Law > Legal Theory & Systems > Non-US Legal Systems
- #7800 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > Comparative Politics
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Eastern Destiny: Russia in Asia and the North Pacific
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
"Based on a wide range of primary and secondary sources, Eastern Destiny offers a comprehensive, cogent, and reliable survey of Russia's advances into--and retreats from--Central Asia, Siberia, and North America. An impressive synthesis of value to specialists and general readers alike."-John J. Stephan, Professor of History University of Hawaii
About the Author
G. PATRICK MARCH pursued a 30-year career in cryptology with the U.S. Navy which involved duty in Asia, Europe and Africa. After final tours with the National Security Agency and the office of the Chief of Naval Operations, he retired with the rank of Rear Admiral. He has been a lecturer of history at the University of Hawaii and is the author of Cossacks of the Brotherhood (1990), with articles appearing in Pacific Historical Review and Sibirica.