Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook: Fast and Fuss-Free Recipes for Busy People on a Gluten-Free Diet Paperback – August 29, 2017
|New from||Used from|
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover,"" illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Aimed at making your life easier, this book lays our simple guidelines that spare you literal and figurative headaches of following a gluten-free diet.
Quick and Easy Prep:
Designed for the home cook who doesn't have hours to spend in the kitchen, almost all the recipes in this cookbook fall into one or more of the following categories: one-pot or pan, 30-minute, or 5-ingredient recipes.
Providing gluten-friendly variations on your favorite recipes, this cookbook makes eating gluten-free convenient and delicious.
Sample Recipe: Sweet Potato Mexican Lasagna
Serves 8 / Prep time: 20 minutes / Cook time: 1 hour
This lasagna variant is where comfort food meets health food. It’s filled with sweet potatoes, black beans, and corn tossed in a spicy-sweet taco sauce, and uses naturally gluten-free corn tortillas instead of lasagna noodles. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner (with leftovers for lunch).
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine the sweet potato, onion, and bell pepper on the prepared baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil and taco seasoning to coat. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked vegetables to a large bowl. Add the corn, black beans, and ½ cup of taco sauce and mix well.
4. Pour the remaining ½ cup of taco sauce into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
5. Start with a layer of corn tortillas on top of the taco sauce, followed by a layer of the vegetable mixture, then the refried beans, and finally the enchilada sauce. Continue making layers until all the ingredients are gone, ending with corn tortillas on top.
6. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
7. Remove the foil and scatter the cheese over the top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Store-bought sauces can contain gluten. Check the label on your enchilada sauce (and your taco sauce if you use store-bought) to make sure it’s gluten-free.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning (page 126)
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Best Taco Sauce Ever (page 127), divided
- 9 to 11 small corn tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 2 cups gluten-free enchilada sauce
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
"For those newly diagnosed with celiac disease, the challenge of going gluten-free can seem a daunting task. Lindsay understands this, and has created in her cookbook a helpful resource for those beginning their gluten-free journey. With lovely photographs and simple recipes, The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook truly lives up to its name." ―Alice Bast, CEO of Beyond Celiac
"I was so thrilled to get a sneak peek at The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook, especially when I found out Lindsay shares my affinity for vegetables. From Sweet Potato Mexican Lasagna to Simple Roasted Broccoli, Lindsay’s healthy, easy recipes are sure to delight."―Pamela Ellgen, author of The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families and food blogger at SurfGirlEats.com
"This cookbook has it all: breakfast, soup and salad, sides and snacks, main dishes (including beef, pork, poultry, fish, vegetarian, AND vegan dishes!), desserts, and even sauces and dressings. Plus, Lindsay's main focus is on making the recipes EASY―exactly what you need at the end of a long day during a busy week."―Sharon Lachendro, creator of the What The Fork, Deliciously Gluten-Free blog
About the Author
LINDSAY GARZA is a gluten-free blogger at VeggieBalance.com and author of The Gluten-Free Party Food Cookbook. When she’s not in the kitchen, she is travelling the world, learning the ins and outs of travelling while gluten-free so she can share them with her readers. She and her husband live in Michigan with their dog and cat.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 86%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I highly recommend!