Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Easy Homemade Cookie Cookbook: Simple Recipes for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies, Christmas Treats and Other American Favorites Paperback – October 31, 2017
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Old-Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes/Bake Time: 10 to 11 minutes/Yield: 36 cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed or a wooden spoon, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and creamy. This will take about 3 minutes if using an electric mixer or 5 to 6 minutes if creaming by hand. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and beat at low speed until the dough comes together. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using, into the dough.
4. Using a medium (1½-tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and drop them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
6. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
To intensify the flavor of these cookies, before baking them, cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours. This will let the flavors deepen.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Pro Tip: How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
Some people prefer their chocolate chip cookies soft, while others like them crisp. Here are some tips on how to adjust the ingredients and baking times for various results to please every chocolate chip cookie lover:
1. For an ooey-gooey cookie: Add 1¼ cups of extra flour to the recipe. The outside will set long before the inside, making for a gooey center.
2. For a cookie with a golden brown: Crispy edge and a soft center, decrease the baking soda to ¼ teaspoon and add ¼ teaspoon baking powder. These cookies will spread more.
3. For a chewier cookie: Replace the all-purpose flour with an equal amount of bread flour.
4. For a thicker cookie: Place the bowl of dough in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes before scooping the cookies. The butter will solidify and prevent the cookie from spreading.
5. For a cakey cookie, omit the baking soda, but add ½ teaspoon baking powder to the dry ingredients.
"Miranda’s brand new cookbook has a new cookie offering for every mood, occasion, and skill-level. Experienced cookie-bakers and novice chefs alike will appreciate her fresh take on revamping the humble cookie and bar into unique, impressive creations!"―Hayley Parker, author of Out of the Box Desserts and Two in One Desserts; blogger behind The Domestic Rebel (thedomesticrebel.com)
“Miranda's love and expertise of baking shines through in this book and the 150+ cookie recipes, that are great for all ages.”―Lisa Huff, author of Kid Chef Bakes; blogger behind Snappy Gourmet (SnappyGourmet.com)
”The Easy Homemade Cookie Cookbook is full of recipes anybody can make! Using pantry ingredients, you can fill your cookie jar with family favorites on a regular basis. I love the variety of recipes and the useful tips.”―Noel Lizotte, blogger behind Apron Free Cooking (ApronFreeCooking.com)
About the Author
MIRANDA COUSE is the baker and photographer behind the dessert blog Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt, where her main focus is sweets and baked treats. She’s been featured in Redbook, Country Living, Parade magazine, and Buzzfeed. Miranda lives in upstate New York.
- Paperback : 300 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1623159792
- ISBN-13 : 978-1623159795
- Product Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches
- Item Weight : 1.7 pounds
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (October 31, 2017)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #298,703 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: