Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on December 11, 2013
I would not waste the time or money to order this again. Sometimes a deal that just "too good to be true" really is just that too good to be true. This was cheap and I was on a budget so I thought I would buy it for my kids. The game is really out dated, the kids tried to be nice, but really didn't seem to interested in it. I would say save up and buy a more current game and you'll feel better not having wasted your money, and your kids will feel better having a gift they can actually use.
on January 19, 2013
My granddaughter loves a piano game I have on my iPhone. Thought she would really enjoy this game for her DS, especially with the simulated keyboard. However, the keyboard is only for DS versions NOT the 3 DS game system she owns. Both of us were disappointed that it didn't fit! The game works (cartridge does insert) but she didn't play it much. My hope is that she will use it more and more over time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2011
Although useful for an absolute beginner, the software is absurdly low-level. There are only ten lessons, and they stop pretty quickly after showing the notes in treble and bass clef.

In the main gameplay mode, it doesn't even look much like sheet music - as if halfway through designing the program, the developers decided they wanted to compete with Guitar Hero rather than create actual music software. Not only that, but the grading system is way too lenient - giving a round of applause and 99% rating after a session where over half of the notes were merely "correct" rather than accurately timed.

Another big flaw in all modes is that the notes are color-coded; there's no way to turn this off. I found myself reading by color rather than where the notes were placed on the staff.

I am disappointed in this software, as it had the potential to be much more useful than this. I wish that the keyboard could be used with a more advanced learning program. As-is, its best use is probably for introducing small children to music before deciding to get them regular lessons. I'm glad I didn't pay the original retail price!
on April 16, 2016
I like having all unusual things for my devices and this fits the bill. My day-care kids like to just play music so perfect.
on August 13, 2014
The package on this one was awful and it was crushed when I recieved it and it is a gift so I am not happy about the way it looked I hope it works when my grandson opens it.
on December 23, 2015
Arrived broken
on July 16, 2013
My granddaughter enjoys playing with her ds piano. she loves the way it sounds. she is getting better at it. thanks for keeping her occupied. Delivery was fast.
on December 28, 2012
I like the game, it's very similar to playing the Guitar Hero game. I'm still at the beginner level, hoping to get up to speed in this game..Overall it's a fun game.
on March 10, 2015
Keyboard didn't work...
on January 2, 2013
This really was a unique twist for a young mind curious to learn how to play music. It helped with the basics and now the child is a wiz on the clarinet.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.