Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 451 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 494 reviews
on July 3, 2015
I was taking an online course and thought I was making slow but appropriate progress. Because this book had full sentences and phrases that I would be using in travel and real life situations, I decided to buy it. For $2.00, this book has taught me more in a week than I learned in 8 weeks with Duolingo. Now instead of learning to say things such as, "My dog likes to drink water," and "The penguins don't like my sister's blue dress," I can actually order in restaurants, ask directions, shop, ask for help, etc. To be useful, you will either have to carry the book around with you, or make flashcards and memorize the questions and answers. I recommend both. The book also has pronounciation guides to improve your accent. If you are interested in conversation rather than grammar, you will really be pleased with this Dover edition.
33 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2015
I absolutely love this book!!!!!! It is the best book I have bought concerning language usage. It is so easy to understand. I have already learned so much from this book. I recommend it to anyone who is just beginning to learn the language or who is going on a trip where the Spanish language is used... I will be buying more copies for my friends....Thank you Dr. Pablo Garcia Loaeza!!!
on April 20, 2017
Very easy to understand and navigate.
on May 27, 2017
Very usefull phrase book.
on September 12, 2014
Good phrase book for what I need! The pronunciations are right on target for Latin American countries, and if there is a different word used in Spain, the book gives you that also. Almost every situation for tourist use is covered. The only negative is a minor one: I bought the Kindle edition, and the columns don't always line up as they should. If there were a way to give this book 4.5 stars, I would.
on May 12, 2017
on May 19, 2017
Got this for my friend who's going to Peru on a mission trip. It's a great book because it is easy to use and understand. It has essential terms and phrases that will be very helpful for her trip. Spanish is my first language, so I know this will work for sure.
on April 7, 2017
The book is easy to follow, and I like that it gives the phonetic pronunciation. I am looking forward to using it on my trip.
on July 21, 2017
Great compilation of phrases to use in every day life.
Book is organized by situations and is a good reference.
Highly recommend.
on August 8, 2017
My son's school put this on their school supply list this year. It is a thin book full of phrases, just as described.