Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on September 30, 2013
I bought this for my sister for a gift and it is definitely a LARGE book! Lots of good recipes!! It definitely took me by surprise how large it was.
on May 29, 2012
I haven't cooked much in the last three years since having a child and working full-time. My partner has never cooked in his life. Since discovering this cookbook, we've both been having fun cooking up a storm almost exclusively using this book. The recipes are straightforward, easy, healthy, and delicious--all things we were looking for. You really can't go wrong with this cookbook. Even if cookbooks seem outdated (because there are so many recipes online), this is one you will definitely get a lot of use out of.
on August 4, 2012
Almost every recipe in here has been a hit with my family. They ask for the steak tacos, tofu berry shakes, and hot shrimp noddles bowls all the time. Not a lot of fuss to prepare the recipes and I have been able to find almost everything at my local grocery store, except brown rice syrup which was down the street at the health food store.

I also thought the recipes weren't overly expensive either, in fact quite frugal. It has helped us practice portion control with only 4 servings and our family five. I "pad" the ingredients just a little to make it five servings.

We like this cookbook so much we pre-ordered her up-coming quinoa cookbook.
5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury is the cookbook I've used most often this summer, which is saying something when you're a cookbook junkie like me! It's packed with recipes that are simple, delicious and healthy, a winning combination if there ever was one!

Everything I've made so far has been delicious and I've got lots more recipes bookmarked to try this fall and winter.

Recipes I've tried: Pumpkin Yogurt with Quinoa Crunch, Waldorf Salad, Mesclun Salad with Dates and Goat Cheese, Chopped Greek Salad, Broccoli Carrot Slaw with Cranberries and Sunflower Seeds, Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad, Lemony Lentil and Quinoa Salad, Summer Salmon Panzanella, Summer Vegetable Orzo Soup, Sweet Potato Bisque with West Indian Spices, Winter Squash and Goat Cheese Enchiladas, Eggplant Parmesan Melts, Easy Ratatouille with Poached Eggs, Lentil, Mushroom and Kale Burritos, and Farfalle with Tuna and Tomatoes

Recipes I want to try: Whole-Grain Blueberry Maple Muffins, Multigrain Cranberry Breakfast Cookies, Chewy Cherry Granola Bars, Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup, Tabbouleh Soup with Lentils and Bulgur, Green Club Sandwich (with hummus, avocado and watercress), Spicy Salsa Joes, Greek Pizza, Speedy Black Bean an Quinoa Skillet, Spicy Skillet Chicken with Avocado Mango Salsa, Wagon Wheels with Broccoli, Turkey and Parmesan, Soba with Shrimp, LIme and Cilantro, Spiced Date Bread, Pumpkin Biscuits, Maple Oat Drop Scones, Decadent Chocolate Cake, Whole Wheat Maple Applesauce Cake, Spiced Carrot Cake with Currants, Maple Pumpkin Micro-Pies, and Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies and Cocoa Truffles made with dates.

All the recipes include nutritional information and cooking tips. And you'll find informative health notes and superfoods highlights scattered throughout the book. There's also a very useful chart on cooking whole grains that provides grain/water ratios, cooking times, and expected yield, which I keep meaning to copy and stick on the fridge for easy reference.

There are not lots of pictures, but the 25 full-page photos appearing in the middle are mouthwatering.

5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking covers all the bases, with recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, bread and snacks. Chapters include:

Breakfasts
Fish and Seafood Main Dishes
Multigrain Pasta and Noodles
Side Dishes
Natural Sugar Sweets

This is a very useful, cookbook for those of us wanting to eat healthy food that is also easy and delicious. In 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness, Camilla shows us how to make wholesome food that is simple and creative, familiar yet interesting.
on July 17, 2014
This was amazingly cheap, and thought I might be getting a cookbook with a few good recipes and photos, and then rest uninteresting or unappealing. BUT this cookbook is REALLY WELL DONE. General info on healthy eating is straightforward, up-to-date, and informative. Recipes incorporate the recommendations and even surpass what others provide. Consistently uses healthier options for all ingredients. Replacing white wheat flours with many alternatives. Also varies type of sweetener. Lots of whole grains instead of white pasta or rice. One of those cookbooks that I like to pick up and read now and then. Thanks Ms. Saulsbury!!
on May 10, 2014
I had checked this book out so many times from the local library, I decided I should just buy it. The recipes are healthy and easily converted to gf, and vegan (they have a section for meat free meals). This book is all about healthy cooking and the ingredients are healthy, wholegrain and mostly unprocessed (minus the pasta). One of my favorite cookbooks! Definitely recommend it!
on May 21, 2013
This is a very helpful book for people who truly like to eat well but eat healthy at the same time. The recipes are easy and utilize interesting ingredients. The book is simple to read and has mouth-watering illustrations. My doctor has this book in her waiting room for her patients to peruse.
on January 31, 2013
You could not find a better cookbook ... anywhere! It takes you through every meal with some wonderful variations to surprise your jaded tastebuds
on November 27, 2012
really helpful in everyday cooking - healthy, fast and no fuss. a great guide on hand to use daily. a good purchase!
on October 1, 2014
I have tried a few recipes in this book and they have all come out really well. I love how healthy and fresh the ingredients are--however I find that some ingredients may be somewhat hard to find at times. But overall I really enjoy cooking recipes from this cookbook and I am looking forward to trying some more.