Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Easy Weeknight Dinners: Healthy & Delicious (Guilt Free Gourmet)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 8, 2012
Really lovely recipes. I made the Salmon,because it was Salmon night, and the flavors of fennel,lemon and garlic made it taste like a special night not just salmon the way we always have it.

The next special occasion we have I will be making the black pepper crusted filet mignon with a butter wine sauce. Gosh, doesn't that just sound divine. I can taste the mouthwatering goodness now.We eat so much chicken and fish that sometime you just need Beef at its best and this does the trick

I like the description of the dish is the Table of Contents. A nice thing to have when you are glancing through your kindle for something you remember seeing in one of your cookbooks.

This book is a must for your collection. You'll be glad you bought it.
on March 15, 2012
I love this book! I've been carrying around my kindle at the grocery store, in the kitchen cooking up these yummy recipes. I make the sweet and spicy chicken first; used sugar free syrup...mmmmm was wonderful! I especially enjoyed the vegetarian section. Thanks for some wonderful good for me foods!
on October 9, 2013
While I was able to find 4 recipes that I liked, I found too many of them containing ingredients I don't normally keep on hand. I know part of the title says Gourmet, but you don't have to use filet mignon to have a gourmet meal. The biggest reason I gave the cookbook 3 stars is lack of editing. The recipe for Garlic Shrimp and Vegetable Spaghetti called for " 1 1/2 non-fat plain yogurt". I'm still wondering if that's 1 1/2 teaspoon, 1 1/2 tablespoon, 1 1/2 carton??????? I do plan to try the recipe, so maybe I'll be able to figure out how much I need when I get there. This was just one example of poor editing.
on March 6, 2012
Aaaaah, a book of mostly one dish meals - my favourite kind! These are perfect for the whole family for any night, and simple to prepare from easily found ingredients too. Who would have thought that Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts could be so good for you! Great formatting, so easy to read on my Kindle and a neat little summary of each recipe in the table of contents too, which is a nice touch.
on May 26, 2013
The prep work seems a little to heavy for me to consider "easy." But I'll concede that opinions may differ on that front. "Delicious," certainly. But I'm not sure "healthy" would be a word I correlate to some of these recipes. Mayonnaise? Ramen Noodle seasoning? All in all, if you're trying to skip the drive thru or take out menus this is certainly a much better option, but I'm a little uncomfortable calling it healthy.
on March 26, 2014
Did it really say "Healthy"? you got to be kidding!
Anybody using Mayo and ramen noodles cant be seriously stating that it is healthy???
It also lacks a lot of stating the exact amount of measuring the ingredients, like a previous posting statet
on May 14, 2013
This is a really great cookbook, with some delicious recipes in it. There are no photos for the visually inclined. There are prep times, serving counts, and nutritional info on each recipe(a plus in my book). The formatting is quite good, with a very detailed table of contents(the best I've seen yet) with links to each recipe, as well as a page break after each recipe so that they don't run together. I would recommend this book.
on August 1, 2014
Easy Weeknight Dinners: Healthy & Delicious (Guilt Free Gourmet) (Guilt Free Gourmet)
Love checking out cookbooks and this one will be a keeper. It lists all the nutritional information we need for our meals, no second guessing.
The meals are healthy but might take some time to prepare.
Lots of herbs, spices, and fresh ingredients. Includes prep time also.
Many categories of main dishes, and LOTS of stir fry.
on March 7, 2012
A friend recommended this book too me and I'm so glad he did. These are tasty and healthy meals that you can prepare quickly. First each recipe has some brief comments under each entry in the table of contents which helps to pick a recipe. There's a prep time and nutritional information which I also like.

I made the sweet and spicy chicken and potatoes and it tasted great. My new hubby had seconds and now thinks I can cook :)

There's a nice variety of recipes in the Chicken, Beef, Pork and Seafood categories. The other thing I liked is that the recipes are healthy. Some you might call gourmet but they all look easy to make! There are a number of stir fry recipes which I'm going to try too. All in all an excellent cookbook.
on March 25, 2012
Anyone who is interested in an Atkin's/South Beach type of diet will find this book full of useful and tasty recipes. Lisa has provided a real variety of recipes and they all look appetizing. I made the Honey Dijon Pecan-Crusted Salmon and it was awesome. We love salmon at our house so it was nice to find a new recipe we hadn't tried before, and it was excellent. I would definitely make it again.

These recipes are easy to make and they can be made by even a novice cook. There's nothing complicated about them. Good food with low carbs and low calories is a winning combination.

Marg Ruttan