BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 11, 2016
OMG, this plugged in and found my very old 90's camcorder! Was pleasantly surprised! Started recording right away. The only reason for deducting a star, was because the video ~shifted~ to the left, so I couldn't see the left side of the video while recording, but when playing back, the whole picture is there, just while recording you can't see it. Couldn't get it to 'reset' & show the whole screen...oh well...just wanted the recordings anyway.

Also, it is very responsive, meaning, you can play a 2 hour tape, and stop & re-start the video with only a second or 2 delay, perfect for 'clipping' a long tape to useable size clips. Especially when the tape itself had 'snow' in between clips, you don't miss a second of recording.

I was very shocked it was so easy, for less than $10 buckaroos, I got all my camcorder tapes recorded. Now if I could just find somebody that still has a VCR!!! Dang! I was surprised my camera still worked; thought it'd be easier to find a VCR that worked, but no, not so. But I bet it'd be just as easy to hook one up & get the rest of my videos off of them, because apparently, I recorded over the camcorder tapes :( & lost my New York trip, it was 'transferred' to a VHS tape back then...DANG! Will keep trying for the VCR, if I get one to work, I'll update this review. (I used to transfer tapes to VHS before I found out the smaller camcorder tapes last longer, not that much longer, but none the less, I did it before I knew, & now have to pay the price, I don't even know if the VHS tapes will even read anything. :( )

I was going to get a more expensive transfer cable if this one didn't work...but didn't have to...this was so fine.

GET YOUR TAPES TRANSFERRED NOW!!! THEY Deteriorate & can even be blank over the years if not stored 'properly', and who has a special 'tape storage' to keep them at the ~proper~ temp & humidity...NOBODY! So if you're SAVING them, TRANSFER them! They do not last! I sent 8 to a tape transfer place to put them on DVD's and they sent 2 back saying they were blank...they weren't...the camera still read them, but they couldn't, so don't give up, try transferring them yourself, you never know till you try. And if it was worth filming, surely you still want to see them again...I really did LOL & COL (Cry Out Loud!) Dang, those were the days! You really won't regret getting them off those deteriorating old tapes!
on June 15, 2012
I bought this product in the hopes of being able to cheaply capture video from old vhs tapes. I have a Vista 64 OS. After installing everything and tweaking the settings, I had video, but no audio. Upon doing a search I discovered a minor fix and received audio, but it was extremely scratchy. At one point I lost the color on my video for no reason at all and had to reboot to get it back. I have to say, though, that I was very surprised I was able to capture whatever appeared on my television, as well..but that was little comfort when I had audio problems to figure out. Also, the video flickers a little bit and isn't the best quality despite my searching for the best settings.

All this to say, I suddenly lost the image in the preview screen and my system crashed. (Blue screen of death). I haven't had that experience in some time. I rebooted and it happened, AGAIN. I then uninstalled everything as, obviously, my computer won't play nice with this thing. It may be cheap, but it just won't work. On top of that, I had to buy RCA composite cables..something I wasn't even aware of when I bought easycap..and now I read that S-video connections give you better audio and video quality. Maybe if I just bit the bullet and spent the extra bucks on a Roxio or Hauppage videocapture device, I would have been better off..maybe not...but I'd think twice about getting an easycap unless you have the patience to deal with the headaches that may come with it.
on February 25, 2012
Not the Syntek Easycap but the Somagic Easycap and the description should be changed to reflect the difference.

I had hoped to use my EasyCap with the mac software EasyCapViewer. The Somagic Easycap uses a different driver (even though their printed instructions say its installing the "Syntek STK1160/SMI 2021 Grabber Device" under Device Manager's imaging devices but instead it installs the SMI Grabber Device under Sound, video and game controllers).

I tried to install on Parallels with Windows XP. I also tried to install on an HP 1.4 GHz laptop. Some video would come in and out but it would not capture sound. Useless.

I believe I could have made the DC60 work on my Mac with EasyCapViewer, but after 8 hours of working with this device, I give up.

To the company's credit, they refunded the purchase and I changed the rating to 2 stars for responsiveness.
on April 4, 2012
These don't work with Windows 7 64 bit, I tried in on a 32 bit machine as well with the same problem, I tried to find a driver online but got tired being led to some crappy site that wanted me to register and then pay. Tried to get some results from the seller and/or company that made it but had no luck there either, I guess I should have known the price was too good to be true. It's too bad because these were for student video class computers, so now I have to find another way to load in analog video. I hate companies that say their stuff is up to date when it's not., will never buy from these people again and have sent them all back
on January 18, 2015
HERE'S HOW I GOT MINE TO WORK TO RECORD GAMES:
1. I plugged in my easycap. I ignored window offering to install software for it and instead put in the software CD that came with the package and installed JUST the driver software, not the video software (the video software is terrible). Note that at one point I attempted to download the driver from the internet rather than use the driver software on the CD. That DID NOT work for me. You can try to use drivers from the internet, but the driver software on the CD worked for me.
2. I installed a program called AmaRec from amarectv.com. It's simple, easy to configure, and effective. I'm using version 2.10 because later versions made my audio distort every few seconds. Alternatively, you can just use OBS's 'video capture device' as a source and pick the capture card, or virtualdub. I'm using amarec and it works well.
3. Select the capture card in your software. Depending on your cables, select composite or s video. Red, white, yellow rca cables are composite. Then select NTSC. If NTSC is playing the audio but no video is coming through, try selecting PAL. For some reason, my PS1 has to be set on PAL, but my PS2 can display NTSC fine. Try different ones out until you can see the video.
4. At this point, you can try different interlacing options and fiddle with the resolution and other settings to make it look how you want. Then you can stream your gameplay and get twitch famous.

This is a cheap, effective capture card. It works. It displays video and plays audio very decently considering the price. It does take a bit of fiddling to get set up, and at one point I had almost given up getting it to work, but if you really wanna stream console games and are willing to potentially risk $9, I think it's totally worth it to try this out. Once you get it to work, you might want to invest in buying three of 1male to 2female splitters, and an RCA male to male cable that can reach from your computer to your tv. Here are the ones I bought.
Splitters: http://amzn.com/B0007LCKJQ
RCA male to male cable: http://amzn.com/B00BDYK1Q0

In conclusion, this little piece of plastic with horrible typos in the description on the back of the packaging is pretty awesome. I'm really glad I bought it. It has bad reviews because a lot of people who bought it didn't have the patience to fiddle with settings. I only gave it 4 stars because the included video editing software is worse than useless, and the video and audio isn't perfect quality. But for the price, I HIGHLY recommend this easycap dooder.

EDIT: After about 3 weeks of regular use, it has stopped working properly. The video keeps flickering, the frames get all screwed up, pausing on a frame for a second or showing a previous frame. It still technically works in that I can record a video and understand what's happening, but unfortunately I'm a stickler for quality so I won't be using it anymore. HOWEVER, it was still a good purchase in my opinion. This cheap capture card allowed me to cheaply test out recording gameplay videos and it showed me how much I enjoy it, so I can buy a good capture card without fear of regret.

My review is still dropped down from 4 stars to 2 stars, because 3 weeks is too short of a time to break, even for an $8 thing. However, I'm still glad I bought it, and if you know what you're getting into when you buy this thing, then it might not be a waste of money. It wasn't a waste for me!
on January 13, 2011
Having read the negative reviews, I knew I was taking a chance with this product. However, it cost me less than $10 and I was willing to take the risk. I'm running Window XP SP3 on 2.8GHz Pentium D with 2 GB of RAM.

I followed the included instructions *to the letter* and the device wouldn't work. Thankfully, I found a post online that warned me to scrap the included USB extension cable. OK. Now I got the device to install.

Then, I loaded their video capture/editing application and tried to capture video. Program hung, couldn't close it with Task Manager and even a reboot wouldn't make it work.

Fine. I've got some ArcSoft video capture/editing software. Get that running OK. Hook up a VCR to the PC. Try to play and capture a video tape. Did a few short sample recordings to make sure everything was functioning. Start the tape from the beginning and walk away for one hour. Come back to find video capture hung. OK. Maybe it's the ArcSoft software.

Reboot the PC. Now the EasyCap device won't start again. Uninstall/reinstall of drivers is of no use.

EasyCap is in the trash. 3 hours of my time is enough wasted.

Hey, I was warned... :-)
on January 24, 2011
Don't buy this piece of garbage! It's a knockoff of the actual EasyCAP, which has since been renamed to EzCAP since there are so many counterfeits of the original. (Hopefully the Taiwanese company that makes them will do a better job of protecting its trademark this time.) The EzCAP 116 sold by EzCAP-USA on Amazon (EzCAP116 USB 2.0 Video Capture Device) looks to be the genuine item. It's also reputed to have much better Windows 7 support, where this device has virtually none.

As for this product itself, it's not worth any price. The driver (or hardware?) fails to identify the device as being both a video and an audio device, unlike most USB devices with audio components (e.g. webcams), which means that even the bundled software (Ulead VideoStudio 10 SE) will not recognize its audio capture capability. I had better luck with DScaler and GraphEdit (following a guide on an EasyCAP forum), until the device's video capture stopped working altogether after about two hours of total usage. Now whenever I plug the device in, Windows fails to recognize it and its property sheet in Device Manager just says "device failed to start." If I unplug it and plug it back in a few times it will actually be recognized, but only audio capture is possible: the video display remains a dead, black screen. To top it all off, I'm even using Windows XP, which is supposed to be the OS with which it works well. I'd hate to try to use it on Windows 7.
on March 16, 2015
I'm not sure why this is such a popular device. I got this product for streaming video to my laptop, as this is the most-mentioned method of doing so on a laptop that doesn't have any input ports. The only problem is, the driver software disk that comes with the EasyCAP device doesn't work. At all. And because this is an obscure device, windows cannot automatically search for driver software. You have to scour the internet for the correct driver for your OS and hope it installs correctly. Even after I got what I thought was the correct driver software and my computer recognized the device, the video capture software would not recognize the EasyCAP device as a video input. This device consumed hours of my life and I still never got it to work for the purpose I bought it for. I know other people have gotten it to work without any problems, but I also know I am not alone with my frustration.

The thing that really got me was that I found a similar device from Roxio that came with a vhs to dvd converter software. I still had to install driver software, but it was readily available from Roxio's website and I got the device to work in about 5 minutes. It's exactly the same as EasyCAP, except the Roxio device actually works. I'd save myself the hassle of struggling with EasyCAP and just buy a different brand.
on June 21, 2010
Hi,
I ordered: USB 2.0 Easy CAPture model: DC60

My Operating System Info: Pentium Dual Core CPU, E5200 @ 2.5GHz, 6.00 GB (RAM), 64 bit O.S., Running Windows Vista.

I was thrilled to find the deal I thought I had with Easy CAP.

Got it today in the mail, popped it in the PC tonight to set everything up.

I came up w/ a problem while trying to install: Couldn't install driver!

I have a problem, when I try to install the EasyCAP, Vista says that it cannot find the driver and asks for the disk, even though the disk is loaded. Vista then offers to go off to find a solution. Which then does not work / can not be found.

I run through the instructions, un-install, re-install, and all of that. After that leads me to the same issue "Driver Not Found" basically. Then I go out to the web to find support and fix it on my own, only to find many others have the same issue I have! Driver not being loaded / unable to locate and install driver on Vista O.S.

I thought I did my research and made sure I was ok buying this Easy CAP. I'm very disappointed to have stumbled across this trouble!
I'm planning on returning it. ...So we'll see how the dealer treats my issue! See how good or bad of an experience it will be to return this piece of trash product!

6/23/2010 Update: Since contacting dealer: So manufacturer got back to me: Easy Cap is NOT compatible w/ Vista 64 bit! No where on amazon's product details could I find it listing such a thing! Seriously needs to be listed, list "Only" compatible with ... OR list what's Not compatible!

Going ahead and returning product: HDE (HottestDealsEver) will ONLY refund Product price, Not S&H. & You, the consumer must pay S&H back to the HDE.
on December 20, 2010
This is how I got it working on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit:

1. Load up the CD (Note: for whatever reason this cd took like 5 minutes or so before it would start working... but it did eventually load so be patient)
2. Right click on the cd drive and explore it's contents. You will find a folder called "drivers" open that folder and you will see a "setup.exe" file.
3. Right click on the set-up file and click on troubleshoot compatibility and check the box that says "works on older versions of windows" hit next and then click on Windows XP SP2 and continue.
4. It will then open up the installer in compatibility mode and it should work from there (I plugged the device in without the extension that it came with).

I couldn't get it to work with Windows Live Movie Maker so the best thing I found is called Debut Video Capture Software found here: [...] they have a free version for personal use on their website.