Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,276 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,483 reviews
on June 21, 2010
Hi,
I ordered: USB 2.0 Easy CAPture model: DC60

My Operating System Info: Pentium Dual Core CPU, E5200 @ 2.5GHz, 6.00 GB (RAM), 64 bit O.S., Running Windows Vista.

I was thrilled to find the deal I thought I had with Easy CAP.

Got it today in the mail, popped it in the PC tonight to set everything up.

I came up w/ a problem while trying to install: Couldn't install driver!

I have a problem, when I try to install the EasyCAP, Vista says that it cannot find the driver and asks for the disk, even though the disk is loaded. Vista then offers to go off to find a solution. Which then does not work / can not be found.

I run through the instructions, un-install, re-install, and all of that. After that leads me to the same issue "Driver Not Found" basically. Then I go out to the web to find support and fix it on my own, only to find many others have the same issue I have! Driver not being loaded / unable to locate and install driver on Vista O.S.

I thought I did my research and made sure I was ok buying this Easy CAP. I'm very disappointed to have stumbled across this trouble!
I'm planning on returning it. ...So we'll see how the dealer treats my issue! See how good or bad of an experience it will be to return this piece of trash product!

6/23/2010 Update: Since contacting dealer: So manufacturer got back to me: Easy Cap is NOT compatible w/ Vista 64 bit! No where on amazon's product details could I find it listing such a thing! Seriously needs to be listed, list "Only" compatible with ... OR list what's Not compatible!

Going ahead and returning product: HDE (HottestDealsEver) will ONLY refund Product price, Not S&H. & You, the consumer must pay S&H back to the HDE.
on June 19, 2013
Like the title says, This doesn't work well. The software is very crappy, and only works every once in a while. The video quality is very bad, and the audio is off sync. If you are looking for a substitute that works, look at the Elgato Game Capture Device:

While it is 10 times more expensive then this version, it is true you get what you pay for. There is also an HDMI Version (it doesn't support PS3 because Sony doesn't let you output anything over HDMI unless it is directly to a TV.)

I hope this reviews helps you, and stops you from buying a truely terrible product.
on November 20, 2013
Seems to be a bootleg and not an original, shows up as usb007 or something, Finding drivers was tough, none for OSX I could find, and it barely managed to work in windows 8 with a ton of noise and interference. But it worked which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other buyers. If you want something like this, and quality or reliability isn't a concern, you may get lucky with this. If quality is important to you, spend a little more on something more reliably reviewed, like I am going to do.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2011
The picture and audio quality is kinda grainy if you get good software, it's absolutely horrid if you use the included software, if it works at all. It took my about an hour or two trying to get Audio at all, and once I did the Audio was the absolute worst quality I had ever heard, my Dads old records included. A great amount of snapping and crackling, and very loud and irritating feedback.

I found a blog online that mentioned he used AMCap, which I downloaded the trial and it works reasonably well, except that you only get a 10 minute demo of it.

So, worth the $10? Absolutely. Much more worth it if you're willing to spend the $30 on the AMCap software. Try the trial if you're not convinced, the 10 minutes will convince you.
on May 24, 2011
I purchased this item so I could use my laptop's screen as a monitor for my XBox 360. All you do is hook it up, install the drivers, open the program, and you're all set. It's good to have because I don't have a TV in my bedroom and my roommates are always watching the TV in the living room. So when they wanna use the TV, I just hook my XBox up to my laptop and everyone is happy. The picture quality is a little blurry but you don't even notice it anymore after a few minutes. The sound quality isn't the best either. There is virtually zero lag and the response time is perfect. I push a button on the controller and instantly see it on my screen.

This product is also used for other purposes. You can hook any media player to your laptop, even a VCR, and record the media onto your hard drive. So if you have old tapes that you want to convert to DVD, this will help you do that. You can also hook your TV to it and use your laptop as a DVR to record your favorite shows. Check with the copyrights before doing that though.

Well I hope this was useful to you.
on July 29, 2013
I used this to be able to send video from our Wii to my husbands laptop while we were on vacation (since several of the hotels didn't have TV's with input for the Wii.

Worked just fine, but be sure to install the included software or it won't work. I would give it 5 stars if it could be a plug-and-play type device.
on August 30, 2015
Didn't work. I set it to NTSC. Skype and my movie program could see the device but couldn't acquire any signal from it. Tried rebooting the PC, didn't help. Also, some of the software wants a password, but no password is supplied with the product. Waste of time.

I was using Win 7 Pro 32 bit.
on June 12, 2015
As other have written, DO NOT buy the cheap knock off version!!!
Unfortunately, there is almost no way to tell which version will work properly.
I would have returned it but shipping would have cost almost as much as I paid for the item that did not record audio.
on May 17, 2010
This product does not work at all. I have Vista (which package label says is supported), yet it cannot find drivers (not on enclosed CD) and there is no online availability for drivers, thus installation fails, with no alternatives whatsoever, so it is a complete waste. FALSE advertising!!!!!!!!!!! Cheap, but you get what you pay for (well, in this case less) -- NOTHING but a useless cable!!!!!!!!!
on June 5, 2011
I bought this item to record some Call of Duty gameplay. I had to go on youtube to figure out how to work it and the video quality was actually better than expected with the right settings. The audio though, was terrible. After recording for about a month it now doesn't work. But for like 5 bucks what do you expect.