Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 11, 2016
OMG, this plugged in and found my very old 90's camcorder! Was pleasantly surprised! Started recording right away. The only reason for deducting a star, was because the video ~shifted~ to the left, so I couldn't see the left side of the video while recording, but when playing back, the whole picture is there, just while recording you can't see it. Couldn't get it to 'reset' & show the whole screen...oh well...just wanted the recordings anyway.

Also, it is very responsive, meaning, you can play a 2 hour tape, and stop & re-start the video with only a second or 2 delay, perfect for 'clipping' a long tape to useable size clips. Especially when the tape itself had 'snow' in between clips, you don't miss a second of recording.

I was very shocked it was so easy, for less than $10 buckaroos, I got all my camcorder tapes recorded. Now if I could just find somebody that still has a VCR!!! Dang! I was surprised my camera still worked; thought it'd be easier to find a VCR that worked, but no, not so. But I bet it'd be just as easy to hook one up & get the rest of my videos off of them, because apparently, I recorded over the camcorder tapes :( & lost my New York trip, it was 'transferred' to a VHS tape back then...DANG! Will keep trying for the VCR, if I get one to work, I'll update this review. (I used to transfer tapes to VHS before I found out the smaller camcorder tapes last longer, not that much longer, but none the less, I did it before I knew, & now have to pay the price, I don't even know if the VHS tapes will even read anything. :( )

I was going to get a more expensive transfer cable if this one didn't work...but didn't have to...this was so fine.

GET YOUR TAPES TRANSFERRED NOW!!! THEY Deteriorate & can even be blank over the years if not stored 'properly', and who has a special 'tape storage' to keep them at the ~proper~ temp & humidity...NOBODY! So if you're SAVING them, TRANSFER them! They do not last! I sent 8 to a tape transfer place to put them on DVD's and they sent 2 back saying they were blank...they weren't...the camera still read them, but they couldn't, so don't give up, try transferring them yourself, you never know till you try. And if it was worth filming, surely you still want to see them again...I really did LOL & COL (Cry Out Loud!) Dang, those were the days! You really won't regret getting them off those deteriorating old tapes!
on January 26, 2013
BUYER BEWARE: SOUNDS too good to be true = ENDS UP BEING not true

The audio portions don't work, don't install, and the supplied driver doesn't even bother to try. That part MIGHT be okay if you have an audio-in port on your PC. I was trying to do this on a netbook which has only a condenser microphone (and doesn't have a jack for audio input or microphone). I had to pipe those red and white connections to a min-amp and then speakers, aimed at my microphone pinhole. That's completely unacceptable to the point of false advertising. So after a frustrating couple of hours I decided to WORK AROUND their F***UP, BUT THEN...

The software by default creates "direct view" files that are about 1.1 GB per minute. So my 1 period of hockey (about an hour) turned into a 70 GB file. I initially thought I was seeing 70MB, so I went ahead and recorded the other 2 periods. There's 3 hours of my life down the drain. When I tried to copy these onto an 8GB SD card then I realized it was telling me it needed 208 GB more space to copy the files. I almost fell out of my chair.

I spent the next hour trying 20 or more combinations of "capture plugins", "capture options" and "capture settings", all resulting in either cryptic error messages or "unexpected error" crashing the capture. And I'm a software engineer by profession, so I know that "unexpected error" equals lazy and/or stupid and/or dishonest software engineer.

The bottom line is, these are cheap Chinese garbage packaged with buggy, 3rd-rate software (ULead).

Do yourself a favour and PAY MORE. Yes, it seems painful, but trust me, dealing with this device will cost you hours and hours of frustration and you will WISH you had spent $100 or more for a product that comes with appropriate drivers and decent software. There will be HOURS of your finite life that you will wish you could pay to get back.

I bought 2 of these (different models with slightly different software and drivers). I spent an entire Saturday (until about 5:30pm) trying to capture some old VHS tapes to my computer. The end result was me throwing both of them in the trash, and having EXACTLY ZERO video files to show for it.
on November 11, 2011
I am not in anyway shape or form bashing this product because it might work well others but this is what I personally experienced with the Easycap DC60. I ordered this item from Amazon and first of all when installing the software that is provided in the CD the installation always hangs and gives me an error therefore not allowing me to install video software to capture any footage. Second of all after installing the drivers for the device I tried using other programs to capture any footage and I kept getting an error stating to turn on the device or to make sure that it wasn't being used by any other program when it clearly was powered on since the green indicator light was on. No other programs could have been using the device since I ended any other process that could have been. I tried using Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Pro, and I even tired Cyber Link Power Director on my girlfriends computer and it still didn't work. I managed to get Movie Maker to recognize the device but once I would try to capture anything the program would just freeze and hang so I had to end the process. I'm pretty computer savvy so I always try to work my way around things and figure out the problem but this one is really weird and I honestly don't have the time or the patience to work this out when it should have been an easy setup. I mean I don't get why the CD from the get go wouldn't allow me to install the capture program it's ridiculous. I tried doing this on two computers one running windows 7 and one windows XP and on both machines the CD wouldn't allow me to install the software. I'm completely disappointed with this product I regret not canceling the order in time, or returning it with out opening it but at this point I really don't care I just want my money back. I'm personally not upset in any way shape or form with the seller because I don't blame them for the product having it's faults and it was actually my mistake for not listening to all the bad reviews. I know that this product works wonderful for some people but it didn't work for me so this purchase left me disillusioned since I was really looking forward to capture some gaming footage. I don't have enough money to buy any top notch capture hardware so I will just be using my regular camera to record off my TV so wish me luck.
on February 12, 2011
I bought this to be able to stream video from x10 surveillance cameras to my computer. It took me several hours to get it to work, and after some trial and error and reading some of the tips from this forum, this is how I got it to work. First off, I have an over 10 year old Windows XP SP3 machine. I didn't use the driver CD that came with it, and had no need for the Ulead software on it. I searched the web for the STK1160 driver by googling for "EasyCap DC60 driver". At the top of the search results there are a few different sites that have posted the file. With the EasyCAP disconnected from the computer, install the driver (run the Setup file). Once it finishes the software installation, connect the EasyCAP to the USB port of the computer and let Windows finish the installation. Then do a system search for the file stkATVap which is represented by a little camera icon. It should be in the Windows folder. Double click it and change the video capture filter setting to NTSC_M (if in the US). Also place a check at the "preview" setting. Hopefully that should get the video working for you. BTW, you might notice a STK1160 icon under "My Computer" after the list of your hard drives and CD drives and such. If you right click this icon, it does have an option to change the video filter setting to NTSC or PAL, but DON'T DO IT THIS WAY, as your setting change is never saved and just reverts to the default PAL setting (which doesn't work in the US), at least it did on my system. I have no need for the audio so I can't comment on that, but other reviewers above have posted a work around for the poor audio issue. [...] I thought it was worth a shot despite all the negative reviews of it.
on January 13, 2011
Having read the negative reviews, I knew I was taking a chance with this product. However, it cost me less than $10 and I was willing to take the risk. I'm running Window XP SP3 on 2.8GHz Pentium D with 2 GB of RAM.

I followed the included instructions *to the letter* and the device wouldn't work. Thankfully, I found a post online that warned me to scrap the included USB extension cable. OK. Now I got the device to install.

Then, I loaded their video capture/editing application and tried to capture video. Program hung, couldn't close it with Task Manager and even a reboot wouldn't make it work.

Fine. I've got some ArcSoft video capture/editing software. Get that running OK. Hook up a VCR to the PC. Try to play and capture a video tape. Did a few short sample recordings to make sure everything was functioning. Start the tape from the beginning and walk away for one hour. Come back to find video capture hung. OK. Maybe it's the ArcSoft software.

Reboot the PC. Now the EasyCap device won't start again. Uninstall/reinstall of drivers is of no use.

EasyCap is in the trash. 3 hours of my time is enough wasted.

Hey, I was warned... :-)
on January 24, 2011
Don't buy this piece of garbage! It's a knockoff of the actual EasyCAP, which has since been renamed to EzCAP since there are so many counterfeits of the original. (Hopefully the Taiwanese company that makes them will do a better job of protecting its trademark this time.) The EzCAP 116 sold by EzCAP-USA on Amazon (EzCAP116 USB 2.0 Video Capture Device) looks to be the genuine item. It's also reputed to have much better Windows 7 support, where this device has virtually none.

As for this product itself, it's not worth any price. The driver (or hardware?) fails to identify the device as being both a video and an audio device, unlike most USB devices with audio components (e.g. webcams), which means that even the bundled software (Ulead VideoStudio 10 SE) will not recognize its audio capture capability. I had better luck with DScaler and GraphEdit (following a guide on an EasyCAP forum), until the device's video capture stopped working altogether after about two hours of total usage. Now whenever I plug the device in, Windows fails to recognize it and its property sheet in Device Manager just says "device failed to start." If I unplug it and plug it back in a few times it will actually be recognized, but only audio capture is possible: the video display remains a dead, black screen. To top it all off, I'm even using Windows XP, which is supposed to be the OS with which it works well. I'd hate to try to use it on Windows 7.
on March 16, 2015
I'm not sure why this is such a popular device. I got this product for streaming video to my laptop, as this is the most-mentioned method of doing so on a laptop that doesn't have any input ports. The only problem is, the driver software disk that comes with the EasyCAP device doesn't work. At all. And because this is an obscure device, windows cannot automatically search for driver software. You have to scour the internet for the correct driver for your OS and hope it installs correctly. Even after I got what I thought was the correct driver software and my computer recognized the device, the video capture software would not recognize the EasyCAP device as a video input. This device consumed hours of my life and I still never got it to work for the purpose I bought it for. I know other people have gotten it to work without any problems, but I also know I am not alone with my frustration.

The thing that really got me was that I found a similar device from Roxio that came with a vhs to dvd converter software. I still had to install driver software, but it was readily available from Roxio's website and I got the device to work in about 5 minutes. It's exactly the same as EasyCAP, except the Roxio device actually works. I'd save myself the hassle of struggling with EasyCAP and just buy a different brand.
on April 2, 2012
I tried using this program on my Dell XPS 420 computer with Windows Vista. I read the instructions that came with this video grabber, installed the Easycap/Ulead CD, ran through the setup, as per the directions and the download wizard. After downloading this Ulead software, I started it up. It recognized the Easycap video grabber, but a window kept popping up saying that it could not complete the link. I tried several things such as going into "options" and making sure that I had S-video rather then RCA connectors; in addition, I made sure it was set for analog and not digital because I have a Hi-8 Sony camcorder that I am shooting my videos with. After my first several attempts eventually the program brought up a window saying that the program was shutting down and it did. I restarted, same thing happened. I installed the Ulead / Easycap program disk and tried to fix the issue with no success. Then I uninstalled the program, the reinstalled it. Same problems, still would not recognize the video from the camera via Easycap DC60. I went to several forums and found that several other people have had the same or similar problems that I've been having. I took their advice and used the "Older systems wizard" under the install/uninstall window on Vista, set it up but had no success. One of the other problems I found that this Ulead program has is a bad registry key that my CCleaner found and wanted to fix it, the first time I let it do it and it stopped the program from working all together, after uninstalling the reinstalling I still had the same problems that I had earlier. I think it's best to do my research and find the right video grabber. I guess it is too good to be true, such a low price, I guess the retailer is not expecting anyone to return them for refunds, that is probably how they make their money.
on June 15, 2012
I bought this product in the hopes of being able to cheaply capture video from old vhs tapes. I have a Vista 64 OS. After installing everything and tweaking the settings, I had video, but no audio. Upon doing a search I discovered a minor fix and received audio, but it was extremely scratchy. At one point I lost the color on my video for no reason at all and had to reboot to get it back. I have to say, though, that I was very surprised I was able to capture whatever appeared on my television, as well..but that was little comfort when I had audio problems to figure out. Also, the video flickers a little bit and isn't the best quality despite my searching for the best settings.

All this to say, I suddenly lost the image in the preview screen and my system crashed. (Blue screen of death). I haven't had that experience in some time. I rebooted and it happened, AGAIN. I then uninstalled everything as, obviously, my computer won't play nice with this thing. It may be cheap, but it just won't work. On top of that, I had to buy RCA composite cables..something I wasn't even aware of when I bought easycap..and now I read that S-video connections give you better audio and video quality. Maybe if I just bit the bullet and spent the extra bucks on a Roxio or Hauppage videocapture device, I would have been better off..maybe not...but I'd think twice about getting an easycap unless you have the patience to deal with the headaches that may come with it.
on June 21, 2010
Hi,
I ordered: USB 2.0 Easy CAPture model: DC60

My Operating System Info: Pentium Dual Core CPU, E5200 @ 2.5GHz, 6.00 GB (RAM), 64 bit O.S., Running Windows Vista.

I was thrilled to find the deal I thought I had with Easy CAP.

Got it today in the mail, popped it in the PC tonight to set everything up.

I came up w/ a problem while trying to install: Couldn't install driver!

I have a problem, when I try to install the EasyCAP, Vista says that it cannot find the driver and asks for the disk, even though the disk is loaded. Vista then offers to go off to find a solution. Which then does not work / can not be found.

I run through the instructions, un-install, re-install, and all of that. After that leads me to the same issue "Driver Not Found" basically. Then I go out to the web to find support and fix it on my own, only to find many others have the same issue I have! Driver not being loaded / unable to locate and install driver on Vista O.S.

I thought I did my research and made sure I was ok buying this Easy CAP. I'm very disappointed to have stumbled across this trouble!
I'm planning on returning it. ...So we'll see how the dealer treats my issue! See how good or bad of an experience it will be to return this piece of trash product!

6/23/2010 Update: Since contacting dealer: So manufacturer got back to me: Easy Cap is NOT compatible w/ Vista 64 bit! No where on amazon's product details could I find it listing such a thing! Seriously needs to be listed, list "Only" compatible with ... OR list what's Not compatible!

Going ahead and returning product: HDE (HottestDealsEver) will ONLY refund Product price, Not S&H. & You, the consumer must pay S&H back to the HDE.