Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on May 18, 2016
I love Rozanne Gold and have read all of her cookbooks. I love this book. I've made so many of the recipes in it, and they turn out wonderfully every time. I guess I should mention that the book claims to be for teen chefs -- well, I'll be 50 next year, and the recipes in it are still awesome, as far as I'm concerned. They're healthy, fresh, and accessible. None require difficult-to-acquire ingredients. Some of the recipes are old standbys, like the easy whole-wheat bread recipe, and some are slightly exotic, like the carrot jam (OMG good!). Some of the recipes are simply inspirational, like the salmon served over a bed of red cabbage and sugar snap peas. Here are some of my other favorites from this book: mac and cheese with cauliflower and red pepper sauce; chocolate chili with cauliflower popcorn; breakfast cake with grapes and pine nuts.Divine.
on April 11, 2017
I got this book for my15yr old daughter who wants to learn to cook. I step back and let her follow the recipes by herself. If she has a question She can ask. Shes really enjoying coming up with delicious dinners for us.

From this book she has made pg 96 Chicken Parm and pg 104 skirt steaks. Both really good especialy the chicken parm.

This book is for the kids that at are not afraid to try something new and who will eat veggies. For example pg 94 Crunchy Wasabi Lime Salmon with Red Cabbage and Sugar Snaps.
My daughter only found a few recipes she wants to try.

Recipes are easy to follow. Ingredients are readily available. Colorful pictures.
review image
on January 16, 2017
My family is always looking for interesting cookbooks and my sister has recently shown interest in cooking healthy. She was excited when she opened it and even more excited when she tried her first recipe successfully!
on April 3, 2014
My 14 yr old has expressed interest in cooking, so I ordered this and gave it to him. He has made a complete dinner twice now! He made the eggless Caesar salad for both meals, which is delicious. He also made the orange sticky pork chops and "juicy chicken" with spaghetti squash. For dessert he made apple crisp the first dinner, and zucchini banana bread the second dinner. All of it is delicious! He was able to be very independent with both meals, and the success of making a delicious meal has pumped him up. The day after he made the first meal, he came into the kitchen after lunch and started pulling out ingredients. When I asked what he was doing, he said, "making bread". And he did. Honey wheat bread,so good! I have always been hesitant to bake bread from scratch, but he made it look easy. Finally, the life lessons learned from planning his menu, to learning how to pick out the freshest produce at the grocery store, is invaluable. I only gave the book four stars because there are only 8 entree recipes and a few of them do not appeal to him. So, the book is great but I wish there were more main dishes. Still it has gotten him going and that was the goal!
on March 20, 2016
This book has simply surpassed my expectations. It contains recipes that are easy to make and I can't wait to try them all. The pictures make the food look delicious, and it is so much easier when you can visualize what the end result is going to look like. I bought this to share with my fourteen year old niece so we can spend some quality time together in the kitchen and she loves it. She is just getting into preparing her own meals and wants healthy alternatives. Very impressed!
on January 20, 2016
this was a gift for my friends son who loves to cook and eat...but usually not the healthiest eater.. he has been trying some of the recipes and finding healthier foods that he likes.
on November 18, 2009
I bought the book Eat Fresh Food for my tween, who showed a real interest in cooking while she was taking her first home economics class in the 8th grade. I was drawn to the book because it was about real teens cooking foods that they like to eat, so I thought it would be a winner in my household, not only with my tween, but my teenager also. We thought we were up against a real challenge, but the pictures enticed my kids to pick recipes that looked scrumptious but were healthy too.My kids love fajitas and anything in a pita, so they immediately got excited about making the ' pita Fajita'. I think they were surprised that they enjoyed the flavor of the Tahini paste, which at first there was a bit of objection to using. The recipe came out great and it seemed that it was easy for them to make and not so much of a mess for me afterward, which any parent would welcome! Recently my teenager has taken to eating somewhat healthier foods than she used to. I think that she really appreciates 'Eat Fresh Food' because of the many different but healthy and tasty ingredients that go into all the recipes. This enticed her to try and make the Grape and Pignoli Breakfast Cake. My two kids had a really fun time pressing all the grapes into the crust, during which time I think that they ate most of the grapes, but managed to leave plenty to give that cake a real grape flavor, which we all loved, especially my husband.What a blessing, a healthy and fun cookbook for kids with surprisingly easy to make recipes, we love it!!!!

- The Ludwig Household!
on May 1, 2016
In the vein of Jamie Oliver...a great way to get kids thinking about what to put in their bodies
on May 27, 2017
I was hoping for a better variety of recipes for my son to experiment with. Its a good starter book, but not really the best choice for more unusual recipes.
on August 13, 2010
There needs to be a sequel to this book! I don't know how many times I pulled out this book, I should just leave it on the kitchen counter permanently.

I have made the baking powder pizza dough a couple dozen times, almost every week. It's not the worst or the best tasting dough I've eaten, but it's soooooo quick and easy. I've added chopped herbs into the dough and that made it 100% better. I'm too lazy to make sauce, but I don't like pre-made either. so I just blend one medium tomato and 1 garlic clove and pour it on the uncooked dough, and then add other toppings. My tomato "sauce" seems soupy but it dries as it bakes and has a great flavor.

I also made the chocolate cake. I have to get used to the texture, but it is very unique and I love the taste.

Everything I've tried in this book is super duper EASY and GOOD! This is one cookbook where I may end up trying each and every recipe.