Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 24, 2013
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT and HOW YOU TRAIN! Fit people cook and eat real food! Michael Matthews can save you time and trouble. This is the 2nd cookbook by this author and I don't think you can go wrong with buying any of his books which I highly recommend to anyone interested in lifting to get lean, bulk or that just wants to cook healthier. I have had incredible success over the past past 7 months with transforming my body with his women's training book "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger." I didn't have much time this afternoon and needed something quick for my post-workout food. The "cookie dough oatmeal cereal" was the first recipe for me to try which I ended up eating pre-workout because I am bulking and got hungry lol. This cereal recipe is not really cooking but just a matter of throwing oatmeal and a few other ingredients in a bowl, mixing them up and adding milk. I made a bulking version of it as a hot morning cereal by adding an egg and heating it up, delicious too! Simple, tasty and quick what could be better? It gives me more time to lift and do other things with my time. Some other recipes that I want to hurry up and try are the eggplant bacon, creamy cauliflower mash, and chocolate black bean energy bars. I live in Japan and like that this book uses edamame and tofu in the recipes, and that it has 3 entire chapters on snacks, desserts and protein shakes. This cookbook will definitely save me time from searching the internet for new recipes because I will have them all handy in one place on my iPad in my kitchen. Mike thank you for writing this book! You have a very brilliant mind. Thanks too for helping us to simplify our lives and become happier people by with teaching us good fitness and nutrition. This book is a winner like your training books! 💥👏👏👏👏👏💥 Keep more great books coming!
24 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
I handle most of the cooking in my family, but my wife is now helping because she's gone back to being vegetarian. This book is FANTASTIC for people who are relatively new to cooking because it's not overwhelming; the ingredients are available in regular grocery stores and the recipes are easy to follow. For those of us who cook regularly, the recipes are also easy to modify if you want to get a bit more complex. I'm an omnivore and have found the recipes in this book to be both tasty and satisfying. We've cooked about half of the recipes so far and have some favorites on weekly rotation.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
As an amateur reviewer/writer with a prolific writing passion, I have to credit the indirect influence of my current job for subconsciously opening my creative instinctive nature/mind to check out this currently free kindlebook that is Eat Green Eat Lean; 100 Vegetarian Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy by Michael Matthews (because of the type of food I current work at my current job is in the vegan category). I reluctantly admit that I often care more about the taste of a recipe more so than if it is healthy which also influenced me to look at this bargain kindlebook for my own energetic body goals. I strive to keep an open and humble/modest mind even with me being blessed with great physical health. Some of the recipes featured in this kindlebook that caught my attention to consider even if I try as a variation; spicy tex-mex breakfast burrito, black bean breakfast burrito, veggie omelet, three-cheese lasagna, Greek Pasta salad, and more.
on December 14, 2016
I am not a vegan or vegetarian by any means. But when I want a more plant based meal, I look for this book. The recipes are easy to follow and are delicious, also have nice macro break down can fit into your daily macros. The book does have more vegetarian recipes vs vegans (a lot of recipes use cheese, milk, and eggs). Also some recipes use a little obscure ingredients for me (I grow up in a Asian family). But overall it is a good book to have, especially for a lot of "meat head" lifters out there think vegan/vegetarians food are not muscle building, this book can open your eyes and give you more macro friendly plant based recipes.
2 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2016
So many great recipes! My mouth is watering and I can't wait to try some of them. Each section broken down by vegetarian and vegan making it easy for a vegan like me to use. Great value for price. Very happy, and now very hungry!
5 people found this helpful
on January 6, 2018
Very sound information about weightloss a d muscle building for vegetarians and vegans. I loved reading the introductory chapters even more than the recipes.They give very good actionable advice. My favorite advice for weightloss is not eating carbs 5 hours before bed.
One person found this helpful
on April 24, 2016
Better than average recipes for the beginning/curious wannabe vegan/vegetarian bodybuilder/athlete. Can be helpful when making the transition from a meat based diet to vegetarian.Dairy and eggs are used in some recipes but you can either ignore or work around the ingredient lists.
2 people found this helpful
on May 17, 2017
On week 6 of the year one challenge, following the personalized menu plan, and creating recipes from both books. I'm definitely seeing strength gains, sleeping better, have more motivation and a healthier attitude! I'll be celebrating my 64th birthday in June.
3 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on September 22, 2013
Let me just add the disclaimer that I'm not a vegetarian, or a vegan for that matter. However growing up my mother was a vegetarian for a long time simply because she disliked the taste of meat. When she would include meat in our meals it was merely as a side dish for the fruits and veggies, never the centerpiece. Since I've started working out and eating right following Mike's other books(which I also highly recommend) I've added a lot of meat back into my diet. I enjoy it, but I've really been missing that plant based goodness. This book brings that to me in a fun, easy, and delicious way. I've only tried a few recipes so far but the "Cookie Dough" Oatmeal Cereal alone is worth the price of this book. I thought I had to forgo green on my plate to get enough protein, but the recipes in this book are packed with it. Bottom line, if you want good healthy vegetarian or vegan food to build the body of your dreams or just because you love the deliciousness, get this book.
17 people found this helpful
on June 3, 2017
This book contains a whole bunch of good, tasty and healthy vegetarian and vegan meals, that are not too hard to make and you don't need 1000 different ingredients and 2 hours to make a meal. It also gives you a lot of great dieting advice.
One person found this helpful