Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,001 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,439 reviews
on February 8, 2016
I had been searching for a quick reference book to aid me with making healthy choices when eating. This book was very helpful, easy to use & I highly recommend it.

This book breaks things down into categories that make it easy when making choices in a particular food category. This enables you, over time, to learn the difference about food choices & creates a lifestyle change. Don't think of this as a "diet" book, but rather a learning tool.

I have loaned my book out various times & helped many friends learn how to make healthier choices. As a result, many have purchased this book & also it became a domino effect lol.

Love this book & still use it as a refresher often. Will be looking to see if an updated version has been published.
on May 22, 2013
The book itself is great.... BUT...
A lot of the pages are made up of graphics. On a Google Nexus 7, no matter what I do through Kindle to change the text size on the Graphics, it won't. I can't even pinch zoom in to it.... :(
When I enlarge the text, the only thing that would be enlarged is the actual text of the book but nothing on graphics.
I wish you guys could update this digital book to be able to change the text size on the graphics so that I can read what it says on the captions on these graphic pages. Just a request. Thank you.
on February 21, 2009
This book is a good resource for someone that's always "on the go". It provides nutritional information on some of the most common fast food choices. The small size of the book makes this easy for me to put in my purse or backpack. If I am hungry and the only options are fast food, I like knowing that there is a health(ier) choice for me to pick. Yea, it's not health food, but it's not all bad either. I think the people who are giving this book bad reviews are missing the point - this is a resource for you to use when you go out to eat or don't have time to cook something from scratch. This is not a diet book. This book does not encourage you to eat out or eat "junk food". This book provides you with the information you need to know in order to make informed choices about what to order the next time you eat out or need to purchase a pre-made meal for the family dinner. I purchased this book in addition to the "Eat This, Not That" Supermarket Survival guide. The books compliment one another. I now feel confident that the choices that I make are healthier and affordable.
on August 23, 2013
I have both this and the supermarket guide. Both are full of much needed information. Some of the information really is surprising. As in how they compare some dishes in well known resturants today to the eating out experiences of the 60's and below. It's amazing and a bit scary to see the break down of all the extra non food ingrediants (Such as "Chicken Flavoring" in chicken pot pie) that goes well beyond the simple ingrediants of meat and vegitables that we still expect when getting a meal in a resturant....

The one short coming in the book is that each resturant or fast food joint only has about six menu items (Three on each side of the eat this not that cycle). I'd like to see many more in all the resturants they list. Hopefully some day will come when they mak a book that is basically a much more in depth listing of many of the most popular resturant's menu. Regardless if you're single or a family person...This is a good informative book....Especially if your job is on the road and you eat at resturants all the time (I'm waiting for the Truckstop Addition so I too can have a better guide...But seeing how most truck stops are putting in popular fast food joints I'm gettting a lot of info here)
on May 22, 2014
Look, it,s all about portion control. We all know this intuitively, but sometimes a gentle reminder is a good thing. This book tries and successfully accomplishes this by pointing out the subtle difference of size and contents in a Fast Food setting. Yes, Kale and all healthy stuff is always better but sometimes it is about the In-N-Out burger that is the reality as well as the waste-line buster. Less is more and we all could stand a read like this (actually you don't read as much as browse, but it is loaded with content...if you can convince yourself (much less) the 8-90 year old in your life to just take a look and recognize what is being said...it is about the reality of what we eat and those choices rather than what we already know as good choices...we all fall off the wagon, but this really offers very smart "less damaging" alternatives that actually can be and are healthy.

I think "that" is smart. We bought three or four for our kids and ourselves...and anyway, they are cheap to buy, a good "starter" or "refresher" on everyday diet information.

I am not related to an any way, nor the author.
on June 29, 2013
I saw this book at my gym and I flipped through it and like how it looked, so I ordered it. It's got a lot of really good information, although I wish it was even more inclusive and had better explanations. For example, in the drink section there is one drink on the "Drink This" side in which all the calories and fat information is exactly the same as one on the "Not That" side. I can't figure out why one is worse or better than the other. Other than that, it's a great quick reference book.
on August 8, 2014
I am sorry to say this. In my opinion, this book is not meant for weight loss. I have been looking for some sensible scientific information about food what to eat what not to eat and how to increase metabolism etc. I think any book that claims to help people with weight loss should do that, to justify for the customers money, isn't. Its not the money that depressed me, I was sad to see the colorful, attractive pictures of restaurant foods, which one is best and bad. These pictures are available everywhere, I don't have to buy a book for that information.The author did a good job of beautifully advertising fast food. Anyway, this book is not a solution to weight loss, this is a fast food advertisement book.
on January 1, 2017
If I had to do it over, I would not have purchased this book. I thought there might be some info in it for at home preparation, but it seems the entire thing is geared toward restaurant eating. The only thing I learned is that the McDonald's Egg McMuffin (a favorite of mine) is a good buy.
on June 30, 2017
Glad this was a great price b/c it was not worth much. More common sense or ''reminders''
The book did try to make things 'fun'
on July 8, 2017
eat what u want and watch the
pounds disappear.