- File Size: 163471 KB
- Print Length: 506 pages
- Publisher: Galvanized Books (December 29, 2015)
- Publication Date: December 29, 2015
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0180T2YZG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #180,491 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Eat This, Not That! for Abs: The Ultimate Six-Pack in Less Than Six Weeks--and a Flat Belly for Life! Kindle Edition
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After starting this program, my eating habits changed substantially. BUT IT WAS EASY!! I cut out all condiments (no more katsup, mayo, bbq sauce, etc), cut out soda, changed my peanut butter, cut out fat free milk (usually drinking 2-3 glasses a day), cut out a lot of bread but not all and cut out pasta. In place, I added a great smoothie (vega protein, flax, chia seeds, full fat vanilla yogurt, spinach, banana, frozen strawberry, kiwi, peanut butter) and ate all the hamburgers, steaks, bacon I could handle as well as delicious fish such as cod along with asparagus, sweet potatoes, etc. My snacks went to mixed nuts, hard boiled eggs, or fresh fruit. I also added a lot of avocado and used guacamole as my condiment. And all I drank was water (adding a lemon or Vega pre-work out mix). Everything I changed to was delicious and easy and I didn't miss the things I used to reach for. IT WAS EASY!!
I'll admit, I wasn't able to follow the program 100% perfectly but was pretty darn close. End results have me sitting at 178 pounds (down from 193) and while I don't have a 6 pack, I have 4 and lats! More than that, I feel great and have made this into a lifestyle not a diet. I have recommended Mark's program to anyone who will listen and I strongly recommended it to any of you reading this.
I know Mark personally and you can trust him and his program. Trust me too...I'm a doctor! ;)
Chris Dillon, MD
I like the theory and have enjoyed adding red meat back into my diet. I tried the recipe for the Strong Salad last night for dinner and it was one of the best salads I have ever eaten. The strength workouts are fun & challenging, though I have been adding a 4th set of most of most of the exercises to get the extra burn going.
Issues I see with the program so far:
1) There are no calculations for amount of calories needed. The book just says 1,400 for women, 2000 for men, ready, set, go. At 6' 185 lbs, I need more food than a 5'6" 150 lb man, but we eat the same on this diet? It doesn't make sense.
2) I don't think I'm netting enough calories. When only consuming 2,000 calories and burning 800-1100 calories in the gym, I end up netting less than 1000 calories on some days, which doesn't seem safe for an extended period of time.
3) The cardio workouts are treadmill intervals. I hated my treadmill so much I gave it away. I have been substituting Insanity workouts while watching my HR zones to try to mirror the plan.
4) There is no where to ask questions about the program. I've tried Googling questions about the program, but search results came up with nothing other than Amazon reviews. A message board or something would be nice.
I have been dropping weight the first two weeks, which the book says I'm not supposed to be doing, so I'm thinking if I lose too much more, I may up my calories for the 2nd STRONG phase.
Initially, removing added sugars, soy, etc., was difficult since all the products we normally purchased contains these additives. Also, adjusting to organic, full-fat and grass-fed products ended up increasing our weekly grocery budget by about 30%. Regardless, we plan to utilize all the information presented for the rest of our lifetimes. Not only do we feel less lethargic, our blood sugar levels are excellent and we have become more physically active throughout the day. In summary, we believe this book assisted us greatly in reaching our fitness goals and have recommended it to our friends and family.
Anyone looking to make better nutritional choices or to lose weight extremely fast should invest in this book. But be forewarned...you will need to put funds aside to purchase a new wardrobe since your bigger clothing won't fit anymore.
Most recent customer reviews
Some of my favorite topics in this book:
1) A healthy look at fats - fats are good, even some...Read more