Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,071 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,230 reviews
on January 28, 2012
Loved it for a few days, deadly accurate. Took it on one trip it shorted out, blinking on and off and it's unable to weigh anything because it blinks and off every second. Not the battery, a short somewhere, defective. When it worked it worked beautifully-it's going back.

A follow up to my review here-amazing company, the owner of EatSmart contacted me immediately after seeing this review saying "they would put a tested replacement in the mail Monday" for me. (It was a weekend to boot.) GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

As I said the product worked great but broke, it was just a bad unit, could happen with any purchase. What doesn't happen normally is for a company to reach out to a consumer and fix a problem. I am an EatSmart fan now-they stand behind their products and deliver great customer service -something that is increasingly absent in most of our lives. Buy this scale!
1414 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2011
I picked this item up at the same time I was purchasing a Eat Smart bathroom scale. The following week one of my family members was traveling so I weighed the suit case on the Eat Smart bathroom scale it it said 49.0 lbs.

I then weighed the same suit case using the Eat Smart Precision Luggage Scale and it showed 49lbs also. When you are right below the 50lb threshold it is very important to have the weight correct.

When the same suit case was weighed a few hours later at the airport it weighed in at 49.1 lbs so this luggage scale was right on the money.

It is very easy to use and only takes a few seconds to register the item being weighed.

If you travel at all and want to avoid the over charges for bags in excess of 50 lbs this scale is a real money saver
0Comment| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2016
Recently used it for travel outside the country. Was allowed to have 50lbs of check in luggage and 15lb hand carry. The two pieces of luggage I took with me weighed in exactly as the scale at the check in counter at the airport. A sigh of relief since I did not have to scramble of ways to dispose of move any excess in the luggage. Only giving it a 4 four star because trying to weigh 50lb luggage was not easy. One ought to have a really steady hand and one must weigh the luggage on its side using the side handle (not the top) for easier handling. So if one is traveling using a box that is bulky instead of regular luggage, it might be difficult to carry that bulky box -- something to think about.
on April 20, 2017
Seems accurate. I weigh my large camping backpack with this scale (about 45 pounds). When I add that to my weight, and re-weigh myself with the backpack, the backpack weights match up on both scales. Seems like a good test of accuracy. It's pretty easy to use. You could use two hands, but it seems to work best (easiest) if you can lift the weight of your suitcase with one hand holding the handle of this scale. It arrives at the final weight within 2-3 seconds so you don't have to hold it long.
on October 26, 2012
All the reviews for this item were great, so I splurged and went with it even though it was more expensive than others. Unfortunately, it sat in my closet for two months before I decided to use it. Imagine my disappointment when I realized that it doesn't work, and last month was the last date that I could return it. I tried changing the battery to a brand-new one, and it still didn't work. It seems like it would be fairly sturdy, but sturdy doesn't matter if it doesn't work at all. I guess I'm out 20 bucks.

Update:
I want to give credit where due. I was contacted both on here and via email by the company immediately after posting my review. I was sent a replacement product that does appear to be quite accurate. Unfortunately, I didn't have it in time for the trip I needed it for, but I was impressed with the way the company stood by the product and tried to make it right. Thanks!
on February 18, 2014
The large handle, extended strap to go around the bag, and the feature so that it beeps when the reading is complete then holds that reading for several seconds all make this luggage scale very easy to use. I checked its accuracy against our very accurate bathroom scales and our accurate (large) meat scale. It seems to be right on.

I saw criticism of construction quality in other reviews so checked it carefully, expecting to have to do some repair on the stitching. The item we received is well constructed. I also saw criticism that the batteries did not last long. The scale automatically turns itself off after a few seconds to conserve battery. However, the on button is on the top of the handle so it could get turned on inside a suitcase - repeatedly - and run down the battery. I made sure that wouldn't happen by saving the small plastic piece placed between battery and contacts which prevented it from being accidentally turned on in its original packaging. It will be impossible for it to turn on accidentally in our luggage. (And I'm taking some extra batteries just in case.)
on July 1, 2016
After reading mixed reviews on the duration of battery, i was bit hesitant to buy this but also wanted a portable weighing machine, so finally bought it. It is bit tricky to get the exact weight and for sure this does not give you exact weight, i have always kept 1 or 2 lb buffer before i carry my check in luggage to airport and it will be within the baggage limit. And finally, battery lasts long, its been more than a year and it is still working fine.
on July 3, 2014
I am honestly not sure how I got by before I had this. I travel a LOT and have gotten pretty good at judging when my suitcase is over the limit or not, but this is perfect for weighing that extra pound or two to make sure you're not over the limit and have to awkwardly remove things from your suitcase in public. It's pretty accurate too. I've only had it mis-read the weight significantly once before (and by significantly, I mean ~.8lbs. For me that is CRUCIAL, but some people may not care)... however I'm convinced that was more my mistake than anything- or an uncalibrated airport scale- because I've used it over 30 times since I've bought it and it's always .1-.2lbs within the range of what they get at the luggage check counter. I always give it a .5lbs leeway juust in case, but it hasn't failed me yet. The one thing I will add is that it doesn't seem to be as accurate for lighter items (<10 lbs) but it's perfect for that 25-60 lbs range most suitcases seem to fall within.

The best part is that it's super portable- I usually just stick it in the front pocket of my suitcase. A must for frequent travelers that want to avoid those oversize charges!
on November 5, 2015
I have been weighing luggage with this particular unit for 3 years now and have traveled extensively with this great gadget. It has proven to be accurate. I like to use it when I go shopping for gear as well... if you are at REI or wherever, just bring a plastic grocery bag (for items that can not be hooked) and you can weigh any item that is not marked with weight already. The only con is: it's a little bulky and heavy compared to other units, though it has proven to be quite durable and rugged over the years.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 25, 2015
While going to back to my country from US, i wanted to be sure I am not carrying more weight so as to avoid unnecessary airline luggage fees. Now measuring those 23Kg bags is always a task, primarily due to weight. I was looking for something which was as much accurate as possible to airline weights and was easy to use. On checking various reviews, we decided to buy this EatSmart. This one uses the CR2032 (hope I got the number right button cell / battery and has an auto shut off function. The build quality is very sturdy and it has to be since it is suppose to handle very heavy luggage. The belt is very strong and buckle is perfect.
I bought this thing back in 2012 and I am still using it (its 2015 as of writing this review) and it is working well. Just ensure that if you do not plan to use it for a long time, remove the battery as if it leaks inside, the product may stop working. I found the weight to be as much close as possible to airline's weight, although those vary by airports I believe.
Also you can switch between Lb and Kg which is highly convenient. In my country, we don't use Lb as a measure much and hence Kg is a savior. I will high recommend buying this one. Don't use your digital bathroom scales to weigh luggage as they are never going to give proper numbers. Use these, you will save a lot on unnecessary fees.